Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland v Yanks Match Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

Keith Earls will be getting a trial as a running back for the Cleveland Browns after this

Likely, they're so bad right now they'd take anyone on.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭Sanjuro

Peregrine wrote: »
    What season?

It's a training match against the USA.

imgres-9.jpeg

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

"Okay, everybody release!"

• Registered Users Posts: 21,605 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Reckon they should stick their number 14 in the front row, he's bigger than their props

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Carberry is awful at kicking

This sort of stuff annoys me. Madigan was the worst kicker. So was Sexton a few seasons ago....so was O'Gara when he first started out....seriously what are you talking about? he is a young player. He is playing to get experience.

Next post you will probably say we should have Jackson on, but sure he was sh*t a few seasons back when he missed a few kicks in Scotland.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,916 ✭✭✭leakyboots

That's two turnovers Earls has been robbed on

• Administrators Posts: 53,365 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Every single time. Carberry chip to Earls, massive yardage gain.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

Beautiful Luke.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

How the BALLIX was that not crossing???

New law?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,363 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

How was he anywhere near being on his feet? Ref showing a bit of mercy.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,176 ✭✭✭✭Buer

There are two things wrong:

1: There's nothing to be learned from this game and we never should have put out such a strong side
    2: I've one beer for the second half

Sanjuro wrote: »
    New law?!
    A Connacht fan will be ariving shortly to explain :D

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭Icemancometh

New law?!

Yeah, you can kick a pen and take the lineout after the whistle, the same way you can with scrums

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

If Ireland don't take their foot off the gas in the second half the final score could be really embarrassing.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

New law?!

If someone can post the John Muldoon video from wasps to add to the explanation. That genius mad Jedi

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

New law?!

Yeah but I thought it only started in August in the northern hemisphere.

Might affect the Lions, actually.

Edit: http://www.independent.ie/sport/rugby/international-rugby/world-rugby-announce-sweeping-rule-changes-to-speed-up-the-game-35227464.html

Yeah, you can kick a pen and take the lineout after the whistle, the same way you can with scrums

Okay, cool. Heard absolutely nothing about that. When did the trial start?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,474 ✭✭✭swiwi_

This is fun! Like an ITM cup match. It's weird seeing Ireland give the ball so much air and not a boxkick in sight.

Asterix because of the USA defence, but nonetheless Marmion, TOH and especially Earls look very sharp. Earls pass to Stockdale would make the Lions outside backs weep, a peach.

Great craic this match.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭techdiver

New law?!

Penalties kicked directly into touch after the clock goes dead does not end the half.

Designed to give advantage to attacking teams at the end of games/halves. You can now kick to the corner and play the lineout.

Was trialled in the southern hemisphere last year and John Muldoon hoodwinked the ref into thinking the rule was active up here too against Wasps in the Champions Cup.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Connacht2KXX

Pearce is way too sympathetic towards the Yanks. They're getting obliterated at the scrum but he's hesitant to give penalties. They're flying off their feet at ruck. There has been multiple shoulder charges in the ruck. Earls should have 2 turnovers that were incorrectly called against him. I don't know what the f?ck "everybody release" means....

• Registered Users Posts: 24,176 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Hard to read anything into this game. Observations:

Earls is on fire and looks hungry for a Lions call up. Unlikely now with no back three injuries after three games

Carbery is a poor goal kicker but I thought that before tonight.

VDF actually has hair. I didn't know that.

We're surprisingly cohesive in attack in terms of depth, decoy runners and distribution.

USA aren't very good when they lose their best 3 or 4 players.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,708 ✭✭✭ScissorPaperRock

Buer wrote: »

1: There's nothing to be learned from this game and we never should have put out such a strong side

At least we should be able to get a few more young subs on early in the second half.

• Administrators Posts: 53,365 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Come on round brother Buer, awec is well stocked with delicious cold beer.

Del.Monte wrote: »
    If Ireland don't take their foot off the gas in the second half the final score could be really embarrassing.
    They should be looking to hit 60 at least.

techdiver wrote: »

Was trialled in the southern hemisphere last year and John Muldoon hoodwinked the ref into thinking the rule was active up here too against Wasps in the Champions Cup.

Oh yeah. I remember not fully understanding at the time.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

Nice first half. Nothing really learnt from it Earls wing is so poorly defended he must be having some fun. USA haven't looked like breaking us open apart from one lovely pass from AJ.

I'd like the chip exit to stop in the second half its asking for trouble and we've paid with one try. I'd like the bench on asap. And Ireland to not take the foot of and put up a cricket score

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

Okay, cool. Heard absolutely nothing about that. When did the trial start?
    Started January 1st in SH and starts August 1st for the NH
    Pearce is way too sympathetic towards the Yanks. They're getting obliterated at the scrum but he's hesitant to give penalties. They're flying off their feet at ruck. There has been multiple shoulder charges in the ruck. Earls should have 2 turnovers that were incorrectly called against him. I don't know what the f?ck "everybody release" means....
    Ref saying everyone release is at tackle. He's saying it to ball carrier, tackler and tackle assist. Have only seen last 5 mins of game so assume thats what he means.

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭Subpopulus

CJ Stander totally anonymous in this game.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Carbery is a poor goal kicker but I thought that before tonight.

Did he miss the one v All Blacks?

Advertisement