Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Achilles Rupture

Options
  • 10-06-2017 6:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭

Those that have had it, did you go surgical or non surgical? Is the choice left to you?

Did mine on Tuesday, seeing consultant Monday

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

I was given the choice and decided to go the surgical route. Mine was 95% torn. I went through the pros and cons with the consultant and for the damage I had done, surgery meant would mean recovery would be a bit shorter, the achilles would be stronger and there was less chance of it happening again. It took me almost a year to get back playing sport if I'm not mistaken. And to be honest, 6 years later I don't think I've ever been the same again

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

I went Conservative as have a child due in the next two weeks and there would be a slight risk of missing it. Thankfully the consultant agreed and am now in the boot/wedges

Yeah, i think it might be time for me to gracefully retire from 5 a side football!!

Advertisement