Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC Fight Night 110: Lewis vs. Hunt

Options
  • 09-06-2017 12:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 23,828 ✭✭✭✭

2hzpa86.jpg

I fancy hunt for this and am a little surprised he's the underdog, would be very surprised if this went past the first

I've no doubt daniel kelly will be involved in another brawl..usually expect him to get beat (esp v evans and carlos junior) and same applies here but he keeps doing it, beating brunson a
    step too far imo

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Poor card really but getting used to it now, Elliot fight will have some fun scrambles expect him to get the better of that with a dec win maybe late sub, Hunto only got his head caved in a few months ago not good for him fighting a finisher in Lewis my heart says Hunto walk off ko upper cut.

I thought this being in New Zealand we might get an earlier time :(

• Registered Users Posts: 39,041 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

2 hrs ahead of Australia so same deal there. Card on early during the day.

You can never right off Hunt's right hand. But he hasn't looked great in his last few nights. Not since Werdum had his number with the flying knee.
    I'd fancy Lewis to get the KO.

There's a guy I know, friend of a friend sort of thing, fighting on this card. A bit of a lunatic, hoping he doesn't disappoint.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭cletus

Mellor wrote: »
    2 hrs ahead of Australia so same deal there. Card on early during the day.

You can never right off Hunt's right hand. But he hasn't looked great in his last few nights. Not since Werdum had his number with the flying knee.
    I'd fancy Lewis to get the KO.

There's a guy I know, friend of a friend sort of thing, fighting on this card. A bit of a lunatic, hoping he doesn't disappoint.

What's the name, so we can all root for him

Ashkan Mokhtarian, fighting John Moraga at flyweight

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭fitzparker

Fancy Lewis in this one, a win could give him a title shot which he will never get near

Did Ross pearson not get cut a few months back?

Derek Lewis at the weigh-in, doing Cormier impression to make weight. Hard not to like this guy.
    2pWZpEG.jpg

Also both fighters had to cut to make weight. The ref better have a quality breakfast.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,828 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

Lewis has looked pretty bad at times too especially against big country where I thought he'd win that easily
    I'm not sure he'll be able to take hunts power yet think hunt will be able to take a few
    I see him doing the same to Lewis as he did to Nelson myself

• Registered Users Posts: 4,477 ✭✭✭tinpib

Mellor wrote: »
    Ashkan Mokhtarian, fighting John Moraga at flyweight

What do you think of his chances?

Looking at Moraga's record he has lost 3 in a row, and 5 of the last 8. The first of those losses was a rd 5 sub by mighty mouse for the title so obv he is no slouch.

PP have him 1.61

I imagine Ashkan will be really fired up, UFC debut in front fans from his part of the world.

Next weekend's one from Singapore is on very early, 930am Sat morning for first early prelim going by my calcs.

• Advertisement

tinpib wrote: »

What do you think of his chances?

Looking at Moraga's record he has lost 3 in a row, and 5 of the last 8. The first of those losses was a rd 5 sub by mighty mouse for the title so obv he is no slouch.

PP have him 1.61

I imagine Ashkan will be really fired up, UFC debut in front fans from his part of the world.
    Moraga is a former title contebder. So odds are about right.
    But Ashkan will be coming in aggressive. He's a lot of finishes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

Ross Pearson currently 11-10 (1NC). On a 3 fight losing streak.

He's one of my favourite fighters but it's probably P45 time for him if he loses here. Should call it a day if he gets cut.

first fight called off

The night's opening fight has been cancelled following an announcement that Thibault Gouti was suffering with a last-minute illness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

When do early prelims start?

they were supposed to start at 12

Scheduled to start at midnight, but if the first fight is cancelled then I'd say it will be 00:30am for first fight, but I'm only guessing.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

The extra half hour break because of the scrapped fight is a killer already. It's going to be a long night.

This Conor/Nate filler package is brilliant. I'm a nervous wreck watching it.

Great reminder for Conor that Nate beat the **** out of him where as he won a debatable split decision over Nate.
    #DontBeScaredHomie

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

Great reminder for Conor that Nate beat the **** out of him where as he won a debatable split decision over Nate. #DontBeScaredHomie

Debatable?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Lads this is a UFC Fight Night 110 thread - take the Conor talk elsewhere and dont be derailing it thanks.

Axwell wrote: »
    Lads this is a UFC Fight Night 110 thread - take the Conor talk elsewhere and dont be derailing it thanks.

Sorry, got worked up by the intro highlights thingy. Was well produced. I'll behave from now on. Promise. :o

Think JJ squeaked that, connected with a few punches.

Sounds like a good crowd there already which makes a nice change.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Two poor fighters but it is making for a fun fight.

Enjoyable first round there.

Paully D wrote: »
    Two poor fighters but it is making for a fun fight.

Enjoyable first round there.

Yeah, either of them could eat a big shot and drop at any time.

Crikey that was a beauty of a left there from JJ. Right in the kisser.

Fun fight.

Fun fight.

Ya, that Korean lassie seems to love a scrap. Only 19, one to watch out for.

Yeah, she really has a lot to work with but a lot of progress to make before she'll be ready for a top 10 fight. Will be interesting to see how she comes along.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Muck fight 2 awful grapplers.

Advertisement