Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on plan?

Options
  • 08-06-2017 9:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭

Hey everyone, Just looking for some advice on my plan I've made for the summer. It's an 11 week plan, and I aim to follow the 5:2 diet. The two "fast" days will be of 500 calories and the five normal days will be around 1200 calories. I also plan on doing 50 sit ups, push ups and squats in the morning, same at night.

If I follow this for 11 weeks, what kind of results should I expect?

Thank you!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,554 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

It depends what your maintenance calories are. Your plan is to eat 7,000 kcals a week or 1,000 per day. How much below your maintenance that is will dictate the results. The push ups and sit ups, while certainly not wasted, won't contribute much in 11 weeks. That said, I'd still do them if I were you

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Bitches Be Trypsin

It depends what your maintenance calories are. Your plan is to eat 7,000 kcals a week or 1,000 per day. How much below your maintenance that is will dictate the results. The push ups and sit ups, while certainly not wasted, won't contribute much in 11 weeks. That said, I'd still do them if I were you

Would they help tone up during the weight loss? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 24,554 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

'Toning' is mostly reducing body fat and some strength training. There probably isn't enough resistance in the exercises because you'll adapt to them pretty quickly. But they're not a waste if you're coming from a low base. I would be a bit iffy about sit ups though. Planks are better primarily because people routinely do sit ups poorly

Advertisement