Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hector O'Heochagain

Options
  • 08-06-2017 6:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭

Poll to follow

Is Hector funny? 58 votes

Yes
    0% 0 votes
    No
    100% 58 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Keep 'er lit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

He annoys all the right people so he's grand in my book.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,421 ✭✭✭ToddyDoody

Is he making a comeback?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,856 ✭✭✭gifted

Why Hector?.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

Not funny in anyway,shape or form

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

For me, he represents the worst of the Celtic Tiger years.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Saw the post.. thought he might be dead

• Registered Users Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭Thinkingaboutit

Depends on what you mean by funny.....

Really, really, annoying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 889 ✭✭✭Murrisk

I was in audience of the Brendan O'Connor show a couple of years ago (don't judge me, my friend had tickets and I was curious! :)) Hector was a guest that night. His 2FM radio show had been cancelled in the recent past and he was on to plug his newly opened gym. He came across very bitter about being released from RTÉ, was bitching about other RTÉ presenters. It was a bit awkward, bit of a tense atmosphere!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Beyondgone

Funny How?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 davisaaadavis

Can't stand him

• Registered Users Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

Nice fella, liked his travel series. Don't mind him on the radio the odd time but wouldn't listen every day or every Sunday kitchen or whatever he does now

• Registered Users Posts: 9,718 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Rahoo rahoo

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

• Registered Users Posts: 7,452 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,554 ✭✭✭Pat Mustard

Hector is as funny as a dose of the trots.

Let yourself gooooo

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,062 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Has he got the bullet again?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,635 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Knob

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

Nobody has a good word to say about anybody in entertainment in this country. You wouldn't want to be of a sensitive disposition if a TV personality and read a thread on boards about yourself.

I voted no btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Are Am Eye

What was his slip up at RTE?
    He slagged of Miriam O'Callaghan if I remember rightly?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭franglan

The Savage Eye clip of "Hector's Water Boiling Show" was amazing - can't seem to find it now...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

I always enjoyed him when on TV..we still sing Spider Fear ( Spiderfar) at Christmastime. Always wanted a celebrity deathmatch between himself and the bould Des.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

He appeals to a certain segment. It's real "Wahey, look at how much of a culchie I am, and how I talk about in-jokes like cuttin turf and ceilis and shifting girls down the back of Bridie Beags pub that only people from the country will get, and shure amn't I fierce cheeky and all?"

Most of the time I hear him I can tell he'd probably be funny if you were one of those people.

The impression I get is that one on one he's probably a nice fella, but he'd never stop flapping his gums.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 889 ✭✭✭Murrisk

Rekop dog wrote: »
    Nobody has a good word to say about anybody in entertainment in this country. You wouldn't want to be of a sensitive disposition if a TV personality and read a thread on boards about yourself.

One must be thick-skinned to be in the public eye!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

seamus wrote: »
    He appeals to a certain segment. It's real "Wahey, look at how much of a culchie I am, and how I talk about in-jokes like cuttin turf and ceilis and shifting girls down the back of Bridie Beags pub that only people from the country will get, and shure amn't I fierce cheeky and all?"

Most of the time I hear him I can tell he'd probably be funny if you were one of those people.

The impression I get is that one on one he's probably a nice fella, but he'd never stop flapping his gums.

Same. I'd say he's a sound fella when he switches off Hector the media persona. His travel series was good. He has that personality and charm that works well on those types of programmes.

His radio show is fecking horrid though. Just wall to wall

"Ah shure Jaysus, ain't an aul Sunday chillin out with the nippers the greatest lads, HAH? HAH? Here's U2 boys.........RaHOOOOOOOOO!"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Praetorian

Seems like a nice guy, but I don't find funny or entertaining. In fact I literally have to turn off the radio if I hear him on.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,760 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

meanwhile Hector O'Hackatdawn broke in to the DUP's website and translated it into Irish

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-northern-ireland-12179367

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,723 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

How is he a culchie?

he's from Navan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,647 ✭✭✭lazybones32

Only saw him on tv interviewing an Irish legionnaire in Guyana and he was okay; he wasn't trying to be funny and seemed interested. Got cancer in my ears after hearing him on the radio though. His humour is not for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,579 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Nice fella, liked his travel series. Don't mind him on the radio the odd time but wouldn't listen every day or every Sunday kitchen or whatever he does now

Really enjoyed his travel shows.

Advertisement