Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anonymous accounts

Options
  • 04-06-2017 12:00pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Howdy villagers,

As you may be aware, anonymous accounts have been provisionally approved for the ww forum. A sub group of users has been created that can only access ww (and can't edit posts!).

We need to come up with a list of names to provide the lovely hq staff/admin team, and they'll create the accounts for us.

List one name per post. The most thanked posts will be sent to admin for creation. Don't abuse the system - each poster can only nominate 3 names. Do a search on boards too to make sure the user doesn't already exist.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭sullivlo

I'll start:

Joe the lego expert.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,046 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

So happy this is happening
    I really liked my characters name in the anon game on the other forum(I also have no imagination:P), so I'll put it forward:

Amy the Minstrel

Kato the apocalypse ninja

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

In honour of the creation of all this;
    Jason the builder

Necrominus wrote: »
    So happy this is happening
    I really liked my characters name in the anon game on the other forum(I also have no imagination:P), so I'll put it forward:

Amy the Minstrel

All Andy's ones were great

• Advertisement

Also half should be female names
    Also since the admins love us can they make the whole werewolf forum un editable and un thinkable or is that unpossible

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Tigger 2.0

• Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭tritium

Andrew the Claimer

I want to say well done to Sully for presenting our case and to Andy and Mick and me for showing how well annonomous accounts can work,also thanks to the powers that be for letting us have them .

Mainly Sully and Andy tho.

tritium wrote: »
    Andrew the Claimer

He would walk five hundred miles to fall down at your door

• Advertisement

Tigger wrote: »
    I want to say well done to Sully for presenting our case and to Andy and Mick and me for showing how well annonomous accounts can work,also thanks to the powers that be for letting us have them .

Mainly Sully and Andy tho.

This! Great work!

Clubfoot the shaver

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Kerr the Early

In honour of our first dead player, Kersplat

Trigger the Mad perhaps? If not, Mad-Eye Moody

Were the Wolf

• Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭andy125

The Amazing Sully

• Registered Users Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

Tamika the tenacious

For the buffy and angel fans (slightly modified)

Wolfram Hart

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

In honour of the creation of all this;
    Jaylop the builder
    Tigger 2.0
    tritium wrote: »
    Andrew the Claimer

While these are all funny, I really don't think we should be going down the road of having names that reference players. The point of being anonymous is that all connotations and prejudices against players is diminished, and this could damage it, even if being used by a different player.

I think we should either go with the same names as the Bad Moon Rising game, or something along the lines of what Dottie suggested:
    Tamika the tenacious

As I'm modding the next game, I thought I might have to come up with the names myself, and mine were all along the same line as Dottie's. In fact, I know Suly said suggest three only, but for what it's worth, these were the ones I'd already come up with:

Ambrose the Ambitious
    Belinda the Bashful
    Clovis the Contrite
    Diane the Dashing
    Edwin the Eager
    Florence the Faithful
    Godfrey the Grateful
    Hilda the Heroic
    Ivan theh Irritable
    Justine the Jubilant
    Klaus the Kindly
    Livinia the Lucky
    Maurice the Maudlin
    Noelle the Nervous
    Oliver the Obsessive
    Penelope the Pompous
    Quentin the Quarrelsome
    Rosamund the Rebellious
    Sanjay the Sardonic
    Tiffany the Tempestuous
    Ulrich the Unready
    Viviene the Vivacious
    Walter the Wise
    Yvette the Youthful
    Zachary the Zany

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

Geehead

quickbeam wrote: »
    While these are all funny, I really don't think we should be going down the road of having names that reference players. The point of being anonymous is that all connotations and prejudices against players is diminished, and this could damage it, even if being used by a different player.

I think we should either go with the same names as the Bad Moon Rising game, or something along the lines of what Dottie suggested:

As I'm modding the next game, I thought I might have to come up with the names myself, and mine were all along the same line as Dottie's. In fact, I know Suly said suggest three only, but for what it's worth, these were the ones I'd already come up with:

Ambrose the Ambitious
    Belinda the Bashful
    Clovis the Contrite
    Diane the Dashing
    Edwin the Eager
    Florence the Faithful
    Godfrey the Grateful
    Hilda the Heroic
    Ivan theh Irritable
    Justine the Jubilant
    Klaus the Kindly
    Livinia the Lucky
    Maurice the Maudlin
    Noelle the Nervous
    Oliver the Obsessive
    Penelope the Pompous
    Quentin the Quarrelsome
    Rosamund the Rebellious
    Sanjay the Sardonic
    Tiffany the Tempestuous
    Ulrich the Unready
    Viviene the Vivacious
    Walter the Wise
    Yvette the Youthful
    Zachary the Zany

Ok but ;
    1 you only get 3 nominations
    2 if people have bias against someone cos of their name that stupid
    3 it's the most thanked that win so we will decide as a group
    4 I'll change it to Jason the builder but it should be included as that what happened

Ok but ;
    1 you only get 3 nominations
    2 if people have bias against someone cos of their name that stupid
    3 it's the most thanked that win so we will decide as a group
    4 I'll change it to Jason the builder but it should be included as that what happened

1. I acknowledged that when posting. I only put in more because I had them all ready drafted before I even sas Sully's thread in preparation for the upcoming game in case we wanted to use them.
    2. True, but it happens, and the reason we're contemplating going anonymous at all.
    3. Never said differently??? I only said that humorous ones might be funny and all, but might not be a good idea.
    4. Keep it as Jaylop the builder if you're so sure that number 2 applies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

I agree with qb I don't see the point in creating anon user accounts with the names of existing players, the whole point on anonymity is so conscious or unconscious bias doesn't colour how we play, is it not?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,046 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

I think a healthy mix of the names from andy/tigger/mick's game and qbs suggestions would be a good idea? Pseudo-Geber the Alchemist is another one from the last anon game that stands out to me as pretty cool.

Love the names you've come up with as well qb - some real effort gone into them!!

1. I acknowledged that when posting. I only put in more because I had them all ready drafted before I even sas Sully's thread in preparation for the upcoming game in case we wanted to use them.
    2. True, but it happens, and the reason we're contemplating going anonymous at all.
    3. Never said differently??? I only said that humorous ones might be funny and all, but might not be a good idea.
    4. Keep it as Jaylop the builder if you're so sure that number 2 applies.

The reason I want annonomous names is because it allows for clean player replacements when people have to retire or are modkilled and it allows the better players a chance of playing and it leaves grudges and preconceptions out of the game
    Honestly I don't care one way or the other I personally think the accounts should be numbered ww 01 to ww 30 and that the names can be added to location and changed every game
    Opposing that I think they should be called Ww bob and ww joe and ww Jane etc

• Registered Users Posts: 13,359 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Necrominus wrote: »
    I think a healthy mix of the names from andy/tigger/mick's game and qbs suggestions would be a good idea? Pseudo-Geber the Alchemist is another one from the last anon game that stands out to me as pretty cool.

Love the names you've come up with as well qb - some real effort gone into them!!

I would 2nd this idea, some great names from both games. :)

I agree with qb I don't see the point in creating anon user accounts with the names of existing players, the whole point on anonymity is so conscious or unconscious bias doesn't colour how we play, is it not?

I think that Andrew the claimer and tigger 2.0 were probably ment as a joke
    I know that clubfoot the shaver certainly was
    If we wanted a list of names andy list is really funny and clever and we could just use it I had to google a couple of the references but I like clever things
    Quicks list is grand but it simple is t as appealing as Andy's
    I would remove mick the drunk from it and put Jason the builder in instead if we were using that list
    I think that if jaylop is ok with it we should have a Jason character (I'm assuming that's his name ) if we are using any names
    As I've said I thought using ww as a prefix would mean we could keep the names short and easy to spell for the dislexic amongst us

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

I know that clubfoot the shaver certainly was
    If we wanted a list of names andy list is really funny and clever and we could just use it I had to google a couple of the references but I like clever things
    Quicks list is grand but it simple is t as appealing as Andy's
    I would remove mick the drunk from it and put Jason the builder in instead if we were using that list
    I think that if jaylop is ok with it we should have a Jason character (I'm assuming that's his name ) if we are using any names
    As I've said I thought using ww as a prefix would mean we could keep the names short and easy to spell for the dislexic amongst us

Tigger 2.0 was a joke,

But....

Ivan Drago. Make it a thing

Agree they were, but they were also getting thanks because they were funny and I was just wary of them getting approved as names because if that. I said already that the Bad Moon Rising names were good and I'd be happy with them being used. Though personally a few that didn't fit a consistent format like Countess Markievicz and Friar Tuck could be dropped. Also, may I suggest that if you're going to include a Jason, you take away Jacob to avoid confusion.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,036 ✭✭✭Guffy

Seriously guys... they're names :D:D

gufc21 wrote: »
    Seriously guys... they're names :D:D

There there they're their names

• Advertisement

Agree they were, but they were also getting thanks because they were funny and I was just wary of them getting approved as names because if that. I said already that the Bad Moon Rising names were good and I'd be happy with them being used. Though personally a few that didn't fit a consistent format like Countess Markievicz and Friar Tuck could be dropped. Also, may I suggest that if you're going to include a Jason, you take away Jacob to avoid confusion.

It's not me that will be taking stuff away
    For the final time the only thing I care about is that jaylop gets a nod cos a can see this forum being the main ww forum in Ireland online and I think it'd Benin e that he gets recognition
    Me and jaylop have a grumpy respect for each other but I'm grateful that he set us all us
    As I say I'm happy enough that annonomous games onnbiarxs are now possaible and i don't really care what names we use

Advertisement