Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chad Wesley Smith and Marissa Inda Irish Seminars

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,584 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

ABS and CityGym, innit

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭CWF

ABS and CityGym, innit

That's right!

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭eire1

CWF wrote: »

Any idea when ticket info etc will be announced?

eire1 wrote: »
    Any idea when ticket info etc will be announced?

Tickets sale details went out to anyone subscribed to the ABS newsletter last night and will go on general sale tonight.

They're €170 for the day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Jayesdiem

Crikey I really see that as a waste of money for information that is freely available.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,127 ✭✭✭dashoonage

Totally read that as advanced belly systems....ah well.

Jayesdiem wrote: »
    Crikey I really see that as a waste of money for information that is freely available.

You're not paying for handouts with information that they've printed off.

You're not paying for handouts with information that they've printed off.

You are correct, I most certainly am not!

You are correct, I most certainly am not!

You probably wouldn't learn anything anyway. How could you?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭deadlybuzzman

It's an eye watering price but I realised a few years back that when it comes to doing things and having new experiences the real waste of money is spending it on things that are soon forgotten.
    So when you go on the rip you could easily spend close to the same amount of money and a week or two later it's forgotten.
    Around this time 2 years ago I went to an Ed Coan Seminar in Revfit and I still think of bits I learned that day.
    On top of that nothing in a book will compare with having Ed Coan standing there watching you walk out the heaviest weight you've ever put on your back, complete the squat and then say that your form was perfect

One thing for sure is that you will learn something from the seminar. Are they going to fix your squat, bench and or deadlift? Unlikely in just one day. But they'll do a far better job at it than anybody else in Limerick or Dublin that day. Whether or not that's worth the money for you, well only you can decide.

How do you know exactly what information they are going to provide? Have you been to this seminar before?

It's an eye watering price but I realised a few years back that when it comes to doing things and having new experiences the real waste of money is spending it on things that are soon forgotten.
    So when you go on the rip you could easily spend close to the same amount of money and a week or two later it's forgotten.
    Around this time 2 years ago I went to an Ed Coan Seminar in Revfit and I still think of bits I learned that day.
    On top of that nothing in a book will compare with having Ed Coan standing there watching you walk out the heaviest weight you've ever put on your back, complete the squat and then say that your form was perfect

I don't agree with you on the going out on the rip comment and forgetting it two weeks later. Granted most nights on the rip are forgotten but I went on a 2st to Edinburgh ten years ago and it was one of the best weekends of my life, we still talk about it!

I don't agree with you on the going out on the rip comment and forgetting it two weeks later. Granted most nights on the rip are forgotten but I went on a 2st to Edinburgh ten years ago and it was one of the best weekends of my life, we still talk about it!

The broader point was that we often fritter away money if that order without it costing is too much of a thought.

How do you know exactly what information they are going to provide? Have you been to this seminar before?

I don't but these events are generally set up for two reasons. The first is to make money - no problem there but it is not because of some misplaced benevolent desire to "help people". The second -and this may not be applicable in this, or all, cases- is to stroke the ego of the individual who is flying from miles around the world to help everybody. The wheel will not be reinvented at this event. None of the information will be new or proprietary and virtually all of it is available on line with a little research. Chad Wesley Smith has a big presence on various media. On the other hand the seminar will deliver that info all in one place and will no doubt be a good networking opportunity for people. Just playing devil's advocate - that's a lot of money to hand over.

Having been at Brandon Lilly's seminar, neither of those two proposed reasons applied.

None of the attendees could have found a large chunk of what went down that day online. Mor could they have had someone operating at an elite level to watch their technique and advise.

It's fine if you don't want to pay it but it's not always a case of pulling together all the interesting stuff to be delivered in one lot on the day.

Well if neither of those two reasons applied, what was the reason. I'd put my house on it it was the first one for sure. These things really fascinate me. We love to make simple concepts so complicated and we justify that by having a guy fly all the way from the US to teach us something we probably already know.

50 quid for a day pribably wouldn't leave you with a while lot of change from a flight and accommodation.

But yeah, he could have looked at my squats and deadlifts by Skype when I called him for free.

I'm not saying everyone should want to go or that its cheap. I'm just saying that to a lot of people it's worth it for the things they may be told and for the potential to possibly get some pointers on lifting from two elites.

You won't get everything online.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,782 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

You could look at mcgregor throw a punch on tv or an instructional video, but I bet you'd pay to have him stand beside you and show you himself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭JayRoc

Is there a link for this up yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,119 ✭✭✭COH

Lol - who is Merisa Indra :pac:

COH wrote: »
    Lol - who is Merisa Indra :pac:

CWS on a Saturday night.

Advertisement