Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to store freshly ground chia seeds?

Options
  • 02-06-2017 8:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,667 ✭✭✭

Hi.

I used up my pack of pre-ground chia seeds. The packet said once opened seal the bag and keep in a cool dry place -- so I kept them in the cupboard.

I got whole chia seeds (much cheaper then milled ones) and ground them with a grinder and put them in a tupperware container. Should I just put them in the cupboard of fridge? I ask as I've seen differing views on where to store ground chia seeds.

Thanks.

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

They way they act looks like it's moisture that gets them turning into jelly like they do. I'd say there would be more moisture in the fridge so probably better in the cupboard.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,667 ✭✭✭Worztron

Slydice wrote: »
    They way they act looks like it's moisture that gets them turning into jelly like they do. I'd say there would be more moisture in the fridge so probably better in the cupboard.

Cheers Slydice. Also the cupboard has a lot more room so it beats moving stuff around in the fridge to get the chia seeds every morn.

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Registered Users Posts: 24,554 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Grinding the seeds would release the oils which might spoil sooner at room temperature. Not entirely sure but worth checking out

Advertisement