Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have you ever stalked anyone?

Options
  • 26-05-2017 8:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭

I may have engaged in stalkey activities in the past. I was around 19, living in a house share with a few girls. We had a hot guy who lived down the road and he used to walk past our house every morning. We nicknamed him Jeremy, because he'd walk by the house just as Jeremy Kyle was due on. We were v sophisticated.

Anyway, I knew everything about him. His real name. Where he worked. Who his friends were. What his interests were. I knew where his mother worked and I used to frequent the shop she worked in. I'd be a pretty approachable person, but Jeremy always remained one of those people you just see in the distance and admire, and never really engage with. I'd leave the house after he passed our gate in the mornings, and follow him all the way to college- admiring his nice arse and imagining what our kids would look like.

Anyway, que to one of the final nights of college. I'm in the nightclub with the girls. We're dancing, and out of the side of my eye, I see Jeremy sitting on a couch looking out in to the dance floor. I decide this this is my time. And in my drunken state, I start trying to seduce him with my non existent sexy dance moves. I was giving it large, and being in my mind a hottie and very subtle, but in reality I was probably as subtle as a wet fart in white trousers.

Well! It must have worked. Because Jeremey approached me. He called me by my name, told me he'd seen me around and saw me on our walk every morning. For some reason I freaked. I did not like this at all. Hot mystery man just lost his mystery. And even though he'd just revealed himself to be not even one third of the stalker freak I was, I was not into it and was out of there quicker than OJ in his Bronco.

Have any of you guys been stalkers before? Or am I the only stalker in the village? If I am I am cool with that.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,681 ✭✭✭buried

I'm a reverse stalker. I stalk away from people, and I am expert.

"You have disgraced yourselves again" - W. B. Yeats

• Registered Users Posts: 14,715 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

Can't say I've ever stalked anyone but there used to be this girl I would pass on my way to work every morning who was an absolute stunner. Not only that, but she triggered this big feeling of déjà vu in me every time I saw her. Every morning I'd try and work out "Who is she?", "Where do I know her from?", the feeling was so strong.

One morning a friend of hers was walking beside her and as I pass them I hear him say, "So that's the guy that stares at you every morning."

I was never able to look her in the eye again.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭Jim Bob Scratcher

Earthhorse wrote: »
    Can't say I've ever stalked anyone but there used to be this girl I would pass on my way to work every morning who was an absolute stunner. Not only that, but she triggered this big feeling of déjà vu in me every time I saw her. Every morning I'd try and work out "Who is she?", "Where do I know her from?", the feeling was so strong.

One morning a friend of hers was walking beside her and as I pass them I hear him say, "So that's the guy that stares at you every morning."

I was never able to look her in the eye again.

I bet she wouldn't have said that if you were some hunky man :rolleyes:

She was actually embarrassingly trying to hush him as it happens. I'm sure I thought I was being subtle studying her face to try and trigger where I knew her from but to her it must have looked like I was having a grand old gawk (in hindsight I probably didn't know her at all but she just had one of those faces).

I bet she wouldn't have said that if you were some hunky man :rolleyes:

Maybe he is a hunky man.

One that stares at strangers, but still...hunky.

• Advertisement

Candie wrote: »
    Maybe he is a hunky man.

I doubt it, the friend wouldn't have said to her " that's the guy show stares at you" Obviously finding it creepy that this bloke is gawking at her every time they cross paths. If he was hunky the'd probably be giggling like teenagers after walking past one another. Women are strange creatures :confused:

Maybe he is a hunky man.

Yeah. Yeah, let's go with that one.
    Women are strange creatures :confused:

Have you ever stalked any?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Erik Shin

Nope....But I did have a stalker

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

As subtle as a wet fart in white trousers! I'm stealing that one :)
    The only stalking I have done is when I was on Facebook, creeping on people I knew years ago :)

Earthhorse wrote: »
    Yeah. Yeah, let's go with that one.

Have you ever stalked any?

No, can't say I have. I don't put women on a pedestal.

Btw I didn't mean to diminish your looks, Im sure you're a good looking bloke :pac:

• Advertisement

I would love to be able to stare subtly, but I lose the run of my self and do a facial analysis instead.

I've never stalked anyone, and I'm torn between admiration and horror at the lengths Anna080 has gone to....it's teeny weeny ickle bit obsessive there Anna. I think the worst stalking I've ever done was to try take the same train at the same time every week and I'd go from carriage to carriage looking for a guy I was crushing on, and of course whenever I'd spot him I'd have to pretend I hadn't noticed him and keep going. I had been planning to marry him and all and all and all.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,476 ✭✭✭neonsofa

A guy approached me in a bar once and explained how he has seen me every morning and wanted to get to know me, he knew the exact stop I got on and off at. Was very awkward. And then after that I had to still see him every morning on my way into work. It was a very awkward time.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,212 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

neonsofa wrote: »
    A guy approached me in a bar once and explained how he has seen me every morning and wanted to get to know me, he knew the exact stop I got on and off at. Was very awkward. And then after that I had to still see him every morning on my way into work. It was a very awkward time.

I often heard of this/similar happening and the couple ending up together and getting married!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,373 ✭✭✭✭mariaalice

Does spending every evening accidentally walking up and down outside the house of someone you fancy with 2 of your friends when you were 14 count.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

I would love to be able to stare subtly, but I lose the run of my self and do a facial analysis instead.

I've never stalked anyone, and I'm torn between admiration and horror at the lengths Anna080 has gone to....it's teeny weeny ickle bit obsessive there Anna. I think the worst stalking I've ever done was to try take the same train at the same time every week and I'd go from carriage to carriage looking for a guy I was crushing on, and of course whenever I'd spot him I'd have to pretend I hadn't noticed him and keep going. I had been planning to marry him and all and all and all.

Oh sure I know! I was pure mad altogether. But I was seriously freaked when my behaviour was projected back on to me. It kind of woke me up, even though it wasn't half as bad as what I was like.
    I've managed to secure a boyfriend since so no more stalkiness from me!

I often heard of this/similar happening and the couple ending up together and getting married!

Not a hope I was marrying this guy. He was extremely hot til he said that and then I was just a bit freaked out. My friend did find it incredibly romantic though so I guess it works for some!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭SGSM

Never stalked someone but flip I wish women looked at me the way ye looked at Jeremy. 23 years old and still waiting for it.

SGSM wrote: »
    Never stalked someone but flip I wish women looked at me the way ye looked at Jeremy. 23 years old and still waiting for it.

Maybe they are doing so right outside your house.

neonsofa wrote:
    Maybe they are doing so right outside your house.

*Looks out window* Not that I can see anyway.

*Looks out window* Not that I can see anyway.

They're probably just really, really good at it.

• Advertisement

Candie wrote:
    They're probably just really, really good at it.

Could be.....I've never got any wet fart in white trouser flirting with me tho 😂

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭Armchair Andy

I know a lad who drives back to his work depot to collect a different van to perve on hotties walking a 4 mile loop here locally.
    When he gets back around to his first van he says enough's enough though.
    His dad owns the company.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,302 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Could be.....I've never got any wet fart in white trouser flirting with me tho 😂

Be careful what you wish for

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,744 ✭✭✭diomed

Yes. Australian jockey Bill Williamson.
    It was 1960, I was 10.
    My father told me a famous jockey was living in a house on our road.
    When I was playing soccer in the street I noticed a car going into his house mid-morning. I rushed into our house and checked the time.
    The car drove in the next day, and I ran into our house and checked the time.
    The next day I was standing at the gate pillar of his house in time for him to arrive. This went on for a few days before he came out and asked me what I was doing.
    I think I asked him did he ever win a race. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 4,856 ✭✭✭gifted

Hello Anna080...I've been watching you...lol lol

Only joking by the way lol lol

iwfgv63yxtzy.png

I know a lad who drives back to his work depot to collect a different van to perve on hotties walking a 4 mile loop here locally.
    When he gets back around to his first van he says enough's enough though.
    His dad owns the company.

I don't understand this. Which means one of two things

A. I don't have the mind of a stalker..good thing
    B. I'm a bit thick..not so good thing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭Armchair Andy

Collie D wrote:
    A. I don't have the mind of a stalker..good thing B. I'm a bit thick..not so good thing

He keeps swapping vans so as not to be noticed looping around perving on the hot women out walking.
    Not necessarily stalking ( more perving)but his ingenuity is to be commended.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭Katgurl

Yes! Back in the pre-facebook days which imo have ruined stalking becuase it just doesn't have the same allure from behind a screen.

Myself and a few of my friends worked in xtravision which had the added benefit of being able to look up the entire database and access custimer's home addresses. It was around the time everyone was learning to drive so we were often found 'practising' in strange places.

Not once did this strategy ever result in an accidental meeting may I add.

• Advertisement

He keeps swapping vans so as not to be noticed looping around perving on the hot women out walking.
    Not necessarily stalking ( more perving)but his ingenuity is to be commended.

That's some seriously committed perving. I usually just wear shades. I assume the van doesn't have the company logo.

Advertisement