Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming Beers night!

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Not going to be able to make this one myself either, unfortunately! A great time is always had at these nights in Chez CiDeR!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

This has been moved to this Saturday, the 8th of December, so any who are willing, please come along!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Just to throw in that there is likely to be a mega SSBU tourney on the night... As if you needed another excuse to go!

Throwing it open to the great unwashed, there's a gaming get together in my place this coming Friday night.
    A word of warning, it will be Sega themed, as the DC was launched 20 years ago this year!
    This will not preclude Sega games that made it to Nintendo formats, so we could see Super Monkey Ball, Crazy Taxi and the House of the Dead games getting an airing!
    All are welcome!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Throwing it open to the great unwashed, there's a gaming get together in my place this coming Friday night.
    A word of warning, it will be Sega themed, as the DC was launched 20 years ago this year!
    This will not preclude Sega games that made it to Nintendo formats, so we could see Super Monkey Ball, Crazy Taxi and the House of the Dead games getting an airing!
    All are welcome!

Nice,

I remember the 9/9/1999 well, the excitement going into collect my DC with Powerstone, Sonic and Ready 2 Rumble..

"It even has the internet lads"

Good times :)

• Advertisement

Fieldog wrote: »
    Nice,

I remember the 9/9/1999 well, the excitement going into collect my DC with Powerstone, Sonic and Ready 2 Rumble..

"It even has the internet lads"

Good times :)

I imported mine from Japan on release, I had Virtua Fighter 3tb, Pen Pen Tricelon and Incoming.

Powerstone was/is magnificent!

So, a gaming Beers is in my place this coming Saturday night, the 7th of December.
    All are welcome!
    Usually lots of fun is had, playing a mix of mostly old but often new games from across the formats, not to mention the chat, food and good craic!
    I live not too far from Dublin airport, near Rolestown, just outside Swords.
    If people want to come along, post here and I will PM you with directions!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Or new NES games! Mad Mages was great last time!

Star Lord wrote: »
    Or new NES games! Mad Mages was great last time!

True, that was a ridiculously good game, given the age of the hardware.
    That they got modern platforming mechanics in there, akin to the likes of Celeste and Dead Cells, and into a tiny 40kb original sized NES cart.
    With lovely animation
    And cracking 4 player gameplay!

If you don't own a NES you can buy the have for Steam or they'll sell you a downloadable copy for a NES emulator.

Which reminds me, I must get it into my arcade cabinet for tomorrow night!

Advertisement