Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
New AMA with a US police officer (he's back!). You can ask your questions here

Does a Pajero Junior qualify for classic insurance?

• 20-05-2017 9:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭ jimbooth

Hi, I recently bought a pajero Junior to use as a local runabout, I was talking to a guy I was getting some parts from and he reckoned I can get classic insurance on these or was he talking out his !!!!! .
    Anyone have any info on this ?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭ Dades

What year is the Pajero?

It's unlikely. If you have another modern car you can sometimes get a classic policy on a car 20 years old if the insurance company agrees it's unusual or *classic* enough.

I suspect an old Pajero might not pass muster... and in fact might be nightmare to try and insure normally, too.

• Registered Users Posts: 72,647 ✭✭✭✭ colm_mcm

Pajero Jr is a small jeep, a bit smaller than a Suzuki Jimny. I don't think insurers are falling over themselves handing out classic policies on 90s JDM cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭ Silvera

Have a look at the IVETA website...I believe they offer third party policies on some jeeps / vehicles over 15 (or 20?) years of age.

Failing that ring First Ireland and/or Autoline, who may be able to help.

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭ jimbooth

Yeah, was just wondering , it's the junior, 1.1, '97 ,I'll ring around and see what they say

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭ salysol

jimbooth wrote: »
    Yeah, was just wondering , it's the junior, 1.1, '97 ,I'll ring around and see what they say
    You shouldn't have a problem getting classic ins on a 97 pajero provided you have a current policy on your daily drive.
    Give Campion Sparrow Ins a call in Portlaois 0578622100
    I have 95 Pajero mini on classic ins with them for the last 6 years

• Advertisement

salysol wrote: »
    You shouldn't have a problem getting classic ins on a 97 pajero provided you have a current policy on your daily drive.
    Give Campion Sparrow Ins a call in Portlaois 0578622100
    I have 95 Pajero mini on classic ins with them for the last 6 years

As a matter of interest, did they offer you comp or third party only?
    Is it 'jeep insurance' or a standard classic insurance?

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭ salysol

It's classic t p f t or t p only give them a call

• Registered Users Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭ Bawnmore

Wondering did you ever give them a shout re classic insurance? Looking at Pajero Juniors recently as a runaround and would be interested to know. Might just call later also - came across this thread after Googling the topic!

Bawnmore wrote: »
    Wondering did you ever give them a shout re classic insurance? Looking at Pajero Juniors recently as a runaround and would be interested to know. Might just call later also - came across this thread after Googling the topic!

Let us know how you get on with them plz..:)

Advertisement