Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WW XII - Simpsons Mafia

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Fun fact. Lynching is named after the mayor of Galway who hung his own son from the balcony. I think the problem is that it was worded a bit off but most of us got it.

In future it can be avoided by saying if a SK is lynched they will go down fighting and bring another body with them

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Barney92

Tigger wrote: »
    i thought it was that herman had to be still alive but since i rembered cross was hans i thought we might be playing the old rules and i asked
    he confirmed that it was as it happened so while it wasnt 100% clear it was conistnt

i think i explained timing in our game if ye want to go look it up

on a game play thing i'd like to see it change that if you kill herman then he dosent get his kill but we are talking about writing a house rules manual for this sort of think

I must say Tigger I think the result was consistent but the rules for Hans said his kill would be at the lynch time, whereas in this it said Herman's kill would be after the lynch. So I actually read it as a different set of rules and they were trying to get around this point. I thought they were trying to avoid the scenario from that game, where a dying SK gets off a final kill.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Barney92

quickbeam wrote: »
    Yeah, rule definitely read differently to how it played out. But sure, it's only a game, right?

Right? :P

Oh I've no problem with how it played out. I argued for how it played out at Christmas. I was just making a suggestion for future games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

Barney92 wrote: »
    I must say Tigger I think the result was consistent but the rules for Hans said his kill would be at the lynch time, whereas in this it said Herman's kill would be after the lynch. So I actually read it as a different set of rules and they were trying to get around this point. I thought they were trying to avoid the scenario from that game, where a dying SK gets off a final kill.
    i did to so i askd
    hey i even had been stating on the thread that i needed to lynch herman to stay alive

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,215 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

So what you're all saying... Is that technically I'm still alive?

Jayop, PJ... I'm not sure but it might be a good idea to lynch RTA. :P

• Advertisement

Necrominus wrote: »
    So what you're all saying... Is that technically I'm still alive?

Jayop, PJ... I'm not sure but it might be a good idea to lynch RTA. :P

you missed too many votes, modkilling is the only choice!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,215 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

you missed too many votes, modkilling is the only choice!

I wouldn't have made it past the next munch regardless I suspect. I seemed a very popular choice for that night:P

I wouldn't have made it past the next munch regardless I suspect. I seemed a very popular choice for that night:P

Neopeare not showing up but only voting really hurt the village, bought him an extra day but the mods eventually had to modkill him, got us a free kill that would of been hard to bluff

Neopeare not showing up but only voting really hurt the village, bought him an extra day but the mods eventually had to modkill him, got us a free kill that would of been hard to bluff

Yeah, the last time I think they popped up on thread was to confirm they were Flanders I think. Once I cleared them, they disappeared and were never heard from again bar a vote.

Yeah, the last time I think they popped up on thread was to confirm they were Flanders I think. Once I cleared them, they disappeared and were never heard from again bar a vote.

yup i was going to eat him then someone pointed out he wasnt around so i changed my kill hoping he'd be mod killed as he was gone so long

• Advertisement

You magnificent bastard

crosstownk wrote: »
    Yep. No problem with that, Tigger. Agreeing to disagree is probably best as there's nothing to be gained from arguing about it.

We had what was in front of us. Rightly or wrongly, we rolled with it.

As I said in other posts in the back room, nobody intentionally set about attempting to break the game. Mods included.

It was a difficult situation for both of us. I've never modded anything before and offered to this on this basis of giving back to the community.

If shít went wrong due to inexperience at modding then so be it. I can take it on the chin and chalk it up. It'll stand to me the next time.

You were molding? I tight it was the real duff man :(

It was a weird game for a game play pov.

3 VILLAGERS got mod killed one role and one villager play, got another role killed and wasted a bullet but with all the roles to be claimed by villagers it all kinda evened out to give us a game that went down to the wire.

It'd be fun to rerun one of the games that have already been played to see how it pans out differently.
    Maybe rerun the first game on the anniversay every year with the same rules each time.

Be a cool experiment.

Sorry Raze started replying to you and got lost in my head. Get out quick it's scary in here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

gufc21 wrote: »
    Its cause i was dead i wasnt as pushed. Was so focused on keith and would have waited for pter's kill to materialise. I said in my fairwell that if he's a wolf they had to look at you, obviously it was the same time i fell into my drunken stuper.

Also had you firmly on the unkown list i posted

distraction, mis-direction & confusion. i knew my faith was death from day 2

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

So, Keith, were you really drunk posting that night or was it deliberate?

He was definitely smashed I'd say

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

ooooohhhhh

Good question.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

He was definitely smashed I'd say

Or frighteningly committed.

Drumpot wrote: »
    Or frighteningly committed.

Or both

• Registered Users Posts: 6,577 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

just cos I couldnt use gifs during the game.....

edApw.gif

This is without a doubt the GREATEST gif on the internet. Makes me laugh every time I see it. Thanks to Vale (I think) for bringing this beauty into our lives. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,673 ✭✭✭mahamageehad

Cross and mamma were delighted with you and called it everything from karma to luck so that tells me how they felt about how my game was going but all my plays were for the good of my team. Your move was a wolf move yet you weren't a wolf.

So; On what I did threatening the reveal

I had a few different ideas of how to work the flaw in the rules for my teams advantage and depending on what the mods allowed me to do they ranged from simple to some thing Keith would like.
    I sent a pm to the mods before the game started asking that if I was gonna be mod killed or was crossing a line I would like them to tell me
    I didn't want to do it I wanted people to react to the threat of doing it it so I could see what I thought their reactions gave away.
    If the mods still have an issue with it I suppose I'm sorry but they had every opportunity to tell me to stop and I'd stop.
    the game turned out to be propably the best yet most posts most kills most correct lynches, most 200 post players, most players, most or equal most rounds,
    First first blood to the village which was fun.
    So I think that's it that's my rant over.
    Yes, we were happy with how it went but we didn't influence it to happen or orchestrate it in any way. The reveal thing was very annoying, as Cross said because we didn't see it coming, but again we agree to let it play out. Our aim was to not interfere, the game was the game. Despite a few hiccups, most people enjoyed it so we did our jobs. :cool:
    We were delighted because, to be honest, we didn't want the mass reveal. We couldn't stop it mind as it was perfectly within the rules we'd posted. We hadn't envisaged a mass reveal.

While we saw the flaw in Beakerjoe's plan, it too was within the rules and it's timing put a stall on the reveal so it was luck or karma from that point of view.

Truth be told, we weren't annoyed with you. We more annoyed at the whole idea of a mass reveal and at ourselves for not foreseeing it. It just so happens that you were the clever fcuker who spotted it :D

Simply put, that whole episode was a major learning curve us as mods.
    Just wanted to add on this, BJ was never told to claim Willie, and he never mentioned he was going to do that, just that he would claim a role to hide his. Backrooms are open for all to see. He made that play and once he started with it on thread, what were we supposed to do, stop him? Same way we didn't step in for the reveal, all we did was say that you can play the roles how you want but roles should consider if it was in their interest to come out.
    #42 21/05/2017, 22:13
    You'll have to talk to Tigger, I'm waaaaaaaaay too annoyed with him.

#43 21/05/2017, 22:17
    I just told him that Duffman is always busy.

#60 21/05/2017, 22:49
    Also, just now on thread from Tigger:

only trying to turn the thing on its head and having the mods tell you they can't talk to you

#61 21/05/2017, 22:51
    Yeah. No idea what that's about, exactly. I suggested he PM WWGM with details.

I understand why ye were annoyed but saying you were busy and mamma saying she won't even talk to me and then saying you have no idea why I'm saying he won't talk to me shows a lot

I've said what I've wanted to about beakerkjoe but I'm clear that someone that can win their forums competition three years Ina row is gonna come looking to and a mark here after necro and lord t were telling than how much fun it is here
    He wanted my head by claiming milhouse
    Those of ye that can see that well ye can see it
    Those that can't well ye can't
    There's no way to prove it definat

Anyway as I've said a few times I'm not gonna play as tigger again unless there is some 5 year game or some event
    Now I'm off to wax my foot TTFN
    Yeah, I said that. I stand by it too. I was too annoyed, and would not have been right for me to take my temper out on you. Cross is the calmer one of us, so he went to speak to you. This is all I plan to say on the matter, because what's done is done and my opinions are clearly laid out in the backroom, but you specifically complaining about BJ turning the game on its head when you admitted to doing that yourself on thread was a bit rich. Even if we went so far as to call BJs move a rule break, you broke way more rules and made the game much more difficult for us as mods by bringing stuff up on thread rather than in private and giving us a chance to respond and resolve. The game is over now, and I hold no grudges against anyone. We'll agree to disagree on the specifics.
    gufc21 wrote: »
    Now lets talk rule changes mid game :D:D:D
    :mad::mad::mad::pac:
    Hell in our first game here on the forum we wanted to lynch players based on thier names not to mention all the bat ****stupid stuff Ive done myself.
    Poor old Kersplat! :o
    Yep. No problem with that, Tigger. Agreeing to disagree is probably best as there's nothing to be gained from arguing about it.

We had what was in front of us. Rightly or wrongly, we rolled with it.

As I said in other posts in the back room, nobody intentionally set about attempting to break the game. Mods included.

It was a difficult situation for both of us. I've never modded anything before and offered to this on this basis of giving back to the community.

If shít went wrong due to inexperience at modding then so be it. I can take it on the chin and chalk it up. It'll stand to me the next time.
    +1 on all of this, couldn't have said it better.
    No point in arguing about what's done, so I won't.
    For the benefit of this community though I'm certainly happy to hear feedback on what we, as mods, could have done better or how others may have handled some of the situations we found ourselves in. Open feedback helps everyone improve, nitpicking on specific situations largely helps no-one. In retrospect, I was hasty with the thread lock. It was a panic decision that I'd likely not make again, and likely wouldn't have made had Cross been around. We should have also probably picked up on Nopeare earlier too.
    Barney92 wrote: »
    From the Christmas game
    1 x Serial Killer - Hans Gruber
    Usual SK rules apply in that if they are able to survive to the end and achieve parity they will win the game. 1 kill every second night starting on turn 2.
    Hans' Kill will be at lynch time instead of morning to spread the deaths out a little more.
    Should Hans be selected for Lynch his target will still die.

I do think that this should be rule going forward for SK lynches, unless the mods decide otherwise of course. I had believed that because the OP said Hermann gets his kill after the lynch then they were saying that if the SK was lynched they wouldn't get a kill. I'm not against what they decided in the end but I don't think it was how the rules read.
    I don't necessarily agree it needs to be a house rule, but it's something that needs to be specifically addressed in the rules. Lesson learned. We made a call on it early on that was probo not the right one, and we had to stick with that for consistency, but live and learn. I think we were probo swayed by the SK experience of Cross! :P If nothing else, it's something future mods will avoid! I've added that to the mod help list thread.

Despite a few hiccups, most people enjoyed it so we did our jobs. :cool:

+1 on all of this, couldn't have said it better.
    No point in arguing about what's done, so I won't.
    For the benefit of this community though I'm certainly happy to hear feedback on what we, as mods, could have done better or how others may have handled some of the situations we found ourselves in. Open feedback helps everyone improve, nitpicking on specific situations largely helps no-one. In retrospect, I was hasty with the thread lock. It was a panic decision that I'd likely not make again, and likely wouldn't have made had Cross been around. We should have also probably picked up on Nopeare earlier too.

Rule 7. States
    The votes will be published when the Lynch is announced. They will be posted in order of who received the most votes and then in chronological order but with no timestamps.

now, ignore my for nitpicking if you want, but this did not happen on most occasions. I was actually expecting it for a defense, i think i even mentioned it on thread, but there was so many posts I had typed up and trashed that i can't be sure.

Great job mahamageehad & crosstownk. as I said above, this is only nitpicking and should in no way take from the 'Excellent' job the pair of you did with this game. One to be remembered for quite a while.

I think i'll let you ponder on that one ;)

Don't want you to use meta info on me on future games. :rolleyes:

I enjoyed playing meta this game.

sKeith wrote: »
    Rule 7. States
    The votes will be published when the Lynch is announced. They will be posted in order of who received the most votes and then in chronological order but with no timestamps.

now, ignore my for nitpicking if you want, but this did not happen on most occasions. I was actually expecting it for a defense, i think i even mentioned it on thread, but there was so many posts I had typed up and trashed that i can't be sure.

Great job mahamageehad & crosstownk. as I said above, this is only nitpicking and should in no way take from the 'Excellent' job the pair of you did with this game. One to be remembered for quite a while.

Not at all, feedback is feedback! :)
    Yeah, we were a bit lazy about it, we always got it up eventually but it was often delayed. Incorrect once or twice too I think. Defo something I'd take on board for future games though so thanks. I think it was coz the votes were a landslide in almost every case so I didn't think it was as important.

It's almost as if some unknown hand steered votes to be a landslide sometimes

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

In retrospect, I was hasty with the thread lock. It was a panic decision that I'd likely not make again, and likely wouldn't have made had Cross been around. We should have also probably picked up on Nopeare earlier too.

Disagree. I think you needed to lock it at the time, sort out the current problem and move on - expertly done in the end.

If you'd left it open who knows what other dramas might have occured and you'd have been left trying to deal with the original problem, while also monitoring the thread to see if any other problems would arise. Not what you needed at the time.

You said it yourself in the back room, you couldn't believe we went through 2 pages on the Discussion Thread while the game thread was locked, and that was just sh!te talk. Imagine how many we'd have got through if we were actually to talk about the game.

I think you both did a very fine job with the decisions you made!!

Disagree. I think you needed to lock it at the time, sort out the current problem and move on - expertly done in the end.

If you'd left it open who knows what other dramas might have occured and you'd have been left trying to deal with the original problem, while also monitoring the thread to see if any other problems would arise. Not what you needed at the time.

You said it yourself in the back room, you couldn't believe we went through 2 pages on the Discussion Thread while the game thread was locked, and that was just sh!te talk. Imagine how many we'd have got through if we were actually to talk about the game.

I think you both did a very fine job with the decisions you made!!

Ta QB, appreciate it! I put some tips in the mod help thread earlier, but I noticed you said you spend the same amount of time modding as playing! :eek: So do you give your life over to the game while playing or what? I was taken aback by how much time and commitment was required to mod!

Not at all, feedback is feedback! :)
    Yeah, we were a bit lazy about it, we always got it up eventually but it was often delayed. Incorrect once or twice too I think. Defo something I'd take on board for future games though so thanks. I think it was coz the votes were a landslide in almost every case so I didn't think it was as important.

Just on this, the chronological order does have info, even in a landslide.

Thats all i need to say about this, so consider it dropped :D

• Advertisement

sKeith wrote: »
    Just on this, the chronological order does have info, even in a landslide.

Thats all i need to say about this, so consider it dropped :D

Hmm, I'd be pretty sure they were in chronological order but I'd have to check. I know that I managed to forget y0ss in one of the votes coz he was last to vote. I thought you were complaining that we didn't get em up quick enough! :pac:

Advertisement