Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Cryptocurrency

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Leechy

Hi The Cuban,

That's incredible result, what would you advise to buy else ?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,955 ✭✭✭patnor1011

Anyone mining ethereum? I do have some issues, for some reason cant connect second card to my pc with PCI-E 16x to PCI-E 1x.
    I do not exactly know how to proceed. Do I need to unplug original card and instal second one first and then plug in first back or? Anyone in Limerick who can help me sort it out?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Leechy

patnor1011 wrote: »
    Anyone mining ethereum? I do have some issues, for some reason cant connect second card to my pc with PCI-E 16x to PCI-E 1x.
    I do not exactly know how to proceed. Do I need to unplug original card and instal second one first and then plug in first back or? Anyone in Limerick who can help me sort it out?

I know nothing about how to mining crypto, but if I were you I would try google and youtube, there are many people want to share their experience and give you a hand, you will be pleased surprised

• Registered Users Posts: 17,865 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

patnor1011 wrote: »
    What sort of rate are you mining at if you dont mind me asking?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭The Cuban

Leechy wrote: »
    Hi The Cuban,

That's incredible result, what would you advise to buy else ?

Thanks
    I`m afraid the boat has sailed for all these cryptos. The chances of making serveral hundred percent gains are slim, whereas the chances of the cryptos halving in value is quite high now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46 nate.drake

The Cuban wrote: »
    I`m afraid the boat has sailed for all these cryptos. The chances of making serveral hundred percent gains are slim, whereas the chances of the cryptos halving in value is quite high now.

Someone told me the same thing when I paid $1200 dollars per Bitcoin back in April, it's now more than doubled. While it may not triple again overnight, it's not inconceivable, certainly if we can get more countries adopting it.

For my own part I use Bitcoin gains to pay for my trading fees in more sensible investments, it's done the job so far for the past three years with plenty left over.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Quick turnovers are probably going to be rare now, unless you have a lot of money to throw into an ICO. ICO's are more about the hype than the product right now, but that will also not last too long. Regulation will eventually be brought in and the hype will wear off.

But there are still gains to be made with smart investments. Some good products out there where you can invest coins, just need to do your research.

You can still play the market and watch for trends. You can watch out for patterns in TA charts and try to make a bit of profit especially with btc and eth. Looking at the charts now, the patterns are showing we should get a spike over the weekend. So buying now could net some profit by the end of the weekend. But there is no science behind this and you could also lose out.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭crowseye

Agreed jester the real gains are in products with smaller market caps and good teams behind them, you just need to do your research. There's still a lot of money to be made there. ICOs still have potential for huge gains but nowhere near as much as they did before as demand has gotten so high. Again you need to do your research and not invest blindly into any ICO you can jump into which is what is happening now!

crowseye wrote: »
    Agreed jester the real gains are in products with smaller market caps and good teams behind them, you just need to do your research. There's still a lot of money to be made there. ICOs still have potential for huge gains but nowhere near as much as they did before as demand has gotten so high. Again you need to do your research and not invest blindly into any ICO you can jump into which is what is happening now!

ICO's are currently flawed imo, the vultures are throwing their money at it and due to them not being capped, it is making it nearly impossible for the small guy to even get in. BAT was just ridiculous, $36 million in under 30 seconds with no chance for the little guy to get in.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭crowseye

Completely agree jester I think everyone realized what a ****show the BAT ICO was, I tried to invest a small amount myself and most of the reputable ICOs are now introducing caps to let the little person in. I've learnt to avoid certain ICOs from experience. Something like Bancor which people are going crazy for doesn't appeal to me at all, Tezos is another one where the funds raised will be so large that the risk/reward of the investment isn't worth it. There are still a few diamonds in the rough though if you know where to look.

• Advertisement

crowseye wrote: »
    Completely agree jester I think everyone realized what a ****show the BAT ICO was, I tried to invest a small amount myself and most of the reputable ICOs are now introducing caps to let the little person in. I've learnt to avoid certain ICOs from experience. Something like Bancor which people are going crazy for doesn't appeal to me at all, Tezos is another one where the funds raised will be so large that the risk/reward of the investment isn't worth it. There are still a few diamonds in the rough though if you know where to look.

I am staying clear of the ICOs, too much hassle and with a small group of investors taking a majority stake, then they have too much control over where the price goes imo.

Santiment is one that looks promising, but I'll watch from the sidelines.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭The Cuban

nate.drake wrote: »
    Someone told me the same thing when I paid $1200 dollars per Bitcoin back in April,
    And what Alias were you under then? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,745 ✭✭✭el diablo

nate.drake wrote: »
    Someone told me the same thing when I paid $1200 dollars per Bitcoin back in April, it's now more than doubled. While it may not triple again overnight, it's not inconceivable, certainly if we can get more countries adopting it.

Tripling overnight at this stage is absolutely inconceivable.

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

Thargor wrote: »
    What sort of rate are you mining at if you dont mind me asking?

I just have one pc going 24/7 with AMD card which does 24-25Mh/s on ethereum. Dual with Siacoin. It is not much but who knows how high will ethereum go. I do have another with the same speed but junior does play on it in daytime so I let it mine in a night only.

el diablo wrote: »
    Tripling overnight at this stage is absolutely inconceivable.

Tripling overnight no but many cryptos are doing 100-150% in 24 hours. Important question is which one is next :D

• Registered Users Posts: 46 nate.drake

And what Alias were you under then? :D

No doubt you're thinking of the 'Uncharted' video games - sad to say I've never played them. Wouldn't mind some of that Aztec gold, would make for a nice investment mind you :-D

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭leandrolorenzi

I had 4500 stellar/Lumens assigned/gained in 2014.. I never touched them, and now they run around 450 Eur. They 'worthed' 650 a few days ago.. anyway my attempt to move them from Stellar.org to any crypto wallet never go through, the transactions always failed. Any tip to convert them in other Cryptocurrencies?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭jamesbondings

I had 4500 stellar/Lumens assigned/gained in 2014.. I never touched them, and now they run around 450 Eur. They 'worthed' 650 a few days ago.. anyway my attempt to move them from Stellar.org to any crypto wallet never go through, the transactions always failed. Any tip to convert them in other Cryptocurrencies?

in a similar boat to you, your 4500 lumens are now worth nearly 1000 euro!
    no idea how to get the cash though. but happy enough to leave them. got most of them for free so happy with nearly 900% increase.

im tempted to liquidate half and put it into ripple at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭leandrolorenzi

I moved them to Binance, in case I want to trade other currencies.
    If you want to cash out, you need to convert them to BTC/ETH/LTC or any other major Cryptocurrencies and move them to an exchange ( in my case Bitstamp)

I am not sure if there are also quicker/cheaper 'triangulation' options, this is just my experience at the moment

For the ones who use Revolut , you could trade cryptocurrencies there as well
    revolut.com/t/leandrn9!crypto

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭Blacktie.

I moved them to Binance, in case I want to trade other currencies. If you want to cash out, you need to convert them to BTC/ETH/LTC or any other major Cryptocurrencies and move them to an exchange ( in my case Bitstamp)

This is pretty normal. Can't cash out alt coins unless you convert to a more well known one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭connie147

Hasn't worn too well has it?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

connie147 wrote: »
    Hasn't worn too well has it?

In fairness ETH hit a high of 1400$ afew month's after that post, and then twice went sub 100$ in the next 3yrs. Fine if you hodl forever and can forget about it, but mother of God you would of seen some insane drawdowns across that period.

Advertisement