Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lake Garda cycling - any rental recommendations?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭Mefistofelino

All I can offer is that I was there in 2019 (in the "before" times), staying near Maderno on the Western side. Saw very few cyclists on the main roads on weekdays and much higher levels of traffic than a decade previously. The lack of lighting in the tunnels is only incidental to issues with lapping the lake. Mixing with fast cars, power-rangers on motorbikes and general tourist traffic took the gloss off riding in the area for me.

The higher roads, up above the lake towards Lago d'Idro or Passo d'Ampola, weren't too bad.

Only drove through Limone but Riva itself has become very overcrowded in the past few years.

Advertisement