Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gw38 matchday The zarquon thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

My season depends on getting the scoring Liverpool midfielder right!!

I'm 4.5k or and 22 points behind in my money league. I've gotten in Coutinho and captained him. Best ever finish before was 15k so I hope I'll beat that regardless.

Going for the punt to win this money league.

Good luck all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭Rackstar

Have all our attack left, what happens if I use it and not all my midfield play?
    Will defenders come in?

• Registered Users Posts: 48,137 ✭✭✭✭km79

Rackstar wrote: »
    Have all our attack left, what happens if I use it and not all my midfield play?
    Will defenders come in?

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭xerces

I need a 21pt gain on my rival to nab 1st on the final day, can it be done?...

De Gea (Jakupovic)
    Alonso Yoshida Matip
    Pedro King De Bruyne Sanchez
    Kane(c) Jesus Gabbiadini

RIP Zarquon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭clairewithani

xerces wrote: »
    I need a 21pt gain on my rival to nab 1st on the final day, can it be done?...

De Gea (Jakupovic)
    Alonso Yoshida Matip
    Pedro King De Bruyne Sanchez
    Kane(c) Jesus Gabbiadini

RIP Zarquon
    You look good to go to me but really can't say without knowing rival's team and presume he/she has most of your big hitters anyway.

Good luck anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Team currently

Willy
    Alonso- yoshida-bavies
    Hazard-sanchez-king-Kdb
    Costa-jesus-Kane (c)

Subs - pickford- t.carroll-stephens-holgate

1ft with 0 itb. I might use ft to bring coutinho in for Kdb or hazard if it becomes clear either isn't starting or might just bring in holding for Stephens and play holding instead of yoshida or bavies.

RIP zarquon. I was aware of his post at the start of the season but didn't know he had passed away until recently. Really does put this game we all obsess over into perspective!

See a few people playing Yoshida instead of Stephens. I have both but was leaning towards Stephens. Is Yoshida the better option?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

AOA.

...Hennessy...

Alonso....Monreal

Sanchez....Alli....Sane..Albrighton...Carroll

Costa...Kane(c)...Jesus.

Pickford..Davies..Ake...Cedric

RIP Zarquon.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

See a few people playing Yoshida instead of Stephens. I have both but was leaning towards Stephens. Is Yoshida the better option?

Yosh more dangerous from corners.
    Stephens better for the baps.
    ML considerations aside it's a tough call.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,080 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Stephens is generally better for bonus points but that's when Southampton keep clean sheets so you'd play Yoshida as well. If choosing one over the other I'd probably choose Yoshida as he has a better goal threat I reckon and is more nailed on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭xerces

You look good to go to me but really can't say without knowing rival's team and presume he/she has most of your big hitters anyway.

Good luck anyway.

Thank you. Believe it or not, Kane(c), Sanchez, De Bruyne, Pedro, Alonso, Yoshida and Gabbiadini are all potential differentials! I'm pretty sure he's gonna bring in Coutinho and captain him or Costa, so will be interesting....

Thank you. Believe it or not, Kane(c), Sanchez, De Bruyne, Pedro, Alonso, Yoshida and Gabbiadini are all potential differentials! I'm pretty sure he's gonna bring in Coutinho and captain him or Costa, so will be interesting....

Amazed at anyone not having Kane or Sanchez. I have both and wouldn't part with either.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Will be in Thurles today to see Tipp beat Cork, so will try my best to wait for Match of the Day tonight. Can't see myself holding off though :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Officer999

I have both and am starting both.

Also on a separate note, why the love for Vokes?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Mike Ehrmantraut

Gw 38 has come around again, putting my faith in this 11 to hopefully keep me in top 10k or maybe even push on for top 5k placing.

Cabalerro
    Alonso Davies Holding
    Sanchez Alli Coutinho King Siggy
    Kane(c) Jesus

Pickford Lukaku Yoshida Holgate

RIP Zarquon

Officer999 wrote: »
    I have both and am starting both.

Also on a separate note, why the love for Vokes?

4 goals in his last 4 starts and West Ham at home who are missing Winston Reid.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,508 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Who the hell has he got. Gap well within reach for you then.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Anyone think Matip and Coutinho will outscore Hazard and Pieters by 4??

I think they will. I fancy Southampton to score.

I do. I think Southampton will score too

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Which three to start...

Holding - Yoshida - Mawson - Cahill

Betrand is a doubt so not including him

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Which three to start...

Swansea in beach mode so probably drop Mawson

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Which three to start...

Mawson. I think West Brom will score.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,567 ✭✭✭patmac

ScummyMan wrote: »
    Will be in Thurles today to see Tipp beat Cork, so will try my best to wait for Match of the Day tonight. Can't see myself holding off though :pac:

I was travelling home from holidays and flying the year City beat QPR in injury time, so turned off all media and watched it on match of the day, as a United fan it was all going so well....
    My sky has scrambled and i am very tempted to do the whole MOTD thing again or just go to the pub at 3pm

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

I know it's not FPL related, but this is incredible.

https://twitter.com/johnledwidge/status/866220790647226368

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Big Willy

Alonso Mustafi Bavies

Alexis Alli Lallana Zaha

Sturridge (c) Jesus Diegoooooooo

Starting on a -4.

This is my 3rd season following the FSA forum. In my first season, I had a great year and remember Zarqoun quite well that year. Last year I didn't do as well and didn't follow forum as much but seen his post earlier in season that things weren't all well. Shocked and saddened to hear of the news. You just know posters in here are genuine and good folk. Rest in Peace Zarquon

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Is there any more likelihood than normal of early team news today?

If I knew Costa was starting I'd probably captain him.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

FHFC wrote: »
    Is there any more likelihood than normal of early team news today?

If I knew Costa was starting I'd probably captain him.
    Same for me regarding Hazard after I read
    [URL="MOYES: "We have an incredible number of injuries going into the last game of the season and I'm disappointed with that.""]MOYES: "We have an incredible number of injuries going into the last game of the season and I'm disappointed with that."[/URL]

Huge differentials too going by FFS captain poll!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭tom_k

Heaton

Davies Yoshida Alonso

Sanchez Alli King Zaha

Costa Kane (TC) Jesus

Missed the deadline for TC last week so using this week. Missed transfers twice during the season due to very busy RL.

The passing of zarquon puts the trivial stuff in perspective. A really good guy.

The sense of community and charity here prior to and since his departure is great to see. I'm proud to be a very small part of Boards FSA.

Well done guys and good luck to all.

RIP zarquon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Mike Ehrmantraut

Doubt I'll get much chance to post this afternoon or get to see any of the football, so good luck to everyone on here today

Advertisement