Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Santa Strike Force Update

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭DoozerT6

DeVore wrote: »
    While I have a rescued dog myself and support animal welfare, thats not the conditions the money was collected under so I dont feel its right to divert it after collection. :(

That's a fair point :)

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Quick Update!

2 BEATS HEADPHONES

2 IPAD AIR 64GB WIFI & 3G

2 HC250

2 APPLE TV

2 INTERCONNECT CABLES & SUNDRIES

1 SET UP & COMMISSIONING BUMBLETTE 5

1 SET UP & COMMISSIONING BUBLEANCE 6

1 PLAYSTATION 4 & 2 CONTROLLERS

Thats the list for Bumbleance 5 and 6 which is a two year project we have been working on with Bumbleance. A total of €5,922 including fitting. (if you havent seen the Bumbleance project, its genuinely brilliant and a little bit heart breaking. But mostly brilliant. :) ).

Hope to have some footage of that soon too.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,167 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Ah, Dev, Beats? I thought we were a more technically astute community than that! :p

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Thats what the kids want these days! (Actually I had no say in this, its what the Bumbleance guys and gals decided :) )

Jigsaw's stuff arrived today, so thats another one off the list. I'm beginning to see the bottom of this pile of money :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

iguot wrote: »
    Deleted post

I never thought I'd have to do any sort of moderation on the SSF thread.:(

iguot - don't post on this thread again.

I hate any moderation on SSF threads because it than looks like we removed some sort of complaint or accusation. In this case the guy was just being an attention grabbing arse. Good riddance.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

DeVore wrote: »
    I'm beginning to see the bottom of this pile of money :)

The bottom?! Guess I better start planning a comedy gig so!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

That, or let's start "Help Santa Strike Force 2017" early !!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Metric Tensor

I know it's a little early but I thought of SSF this morning and said "F*ck it - may as well be early for once"

€50 - transaction ends 0829

I don't know if such a thing exists but if there is a charity giving toys/presents to kids living in hotels this Christmas it would be nice if they were included in the mix.

• Advertisement

I'm pulling together the accounts for the last year, I'll post them and then kick things off early next week!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,937 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

The bankrupt Beasty thread can officially start then?

I know the idea is to give to small projects, but some bigger charities (though still very small in grand scheme) like Down Syndrome Ireland could probably find niche projects to invest small (again in the grand scheme) amounts of money into.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

I haven’t stopped believing in this boards project, never changed my location;). Feels like there are more and more worthy causes each year which is sad. Come on everyone let’s do this thing.

Ooh ooh yes let’s bankrupt the beasty again :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

It'll be hard to do. What with the massive pay rise he got for getting promoted to admin.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,758 ✭✭✭cython

Conspectus wrote: »
    It'll be hard to do. What with the massive pay rise he got for getting promoted to admin.
    I think this speaks for the boards community:

challenge-accepted-barney-5619.jpeg

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 21,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭entropi

And it looks like a comedy gig has been planned once again! Good job!

Its this weekend (Nov 25), downstairs in Cassidys Bar, Westmoreland Street, Dublin (8pm and free entry). A great lineup of some amazingly funny comedians, raffle prizes and good wholehearted fun, and all in aid of SSF!

https://www.facebook.com/events/114454405889984/?active_tab=about

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

• Registered Users Posts: 21,520 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Can someone please confirm the best place to make a donation, I've seen the SSF website but it seems to be several years since comments were posted on it, is that link still correct for this?

http://www.santastrikeforce.com/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,520 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Conspectus wrote: »
    Thanks. Wanted to be sure.
    I had donated on the 15th of December. Payment ending in ...5967FM319032D
    I didn't know where the money was going to go at that time but knew it wouldn't be wasted.

When I saw the above post on the 19th it brought a tear to my eye but also a smile to my face as I had a cousin in that ward at that moment. It made me feel that not only was I trying to make things slightly easier for my cousin and their family but that others were doing so as well. Also, it confirmed that you can donate to good causes without money going to CEO top ups or credit card use as we've heard about.

Thanks to all involved in SSF and particularly DeVore and Beasty for their selfless generosity.

See ye back here in about 11 months.

Told ye I'd be back!
    Donation ending in 19X831752U

Last year, my family benefited from donations made to CCH. This year, I don't mind where the donations end up, I know they will be well deserved and will make a difference to those that need them.

See ye next year.

Heyall... sorry about the delay, I've not been very well and have a keynote speech to give this Friday which is stubbornly refusing to write itself.

Here are the accounts for the last year in rough figures:

Bumbleance 2016 €3,000
    Lakers.ie €2,300
    aoibheanns Pink Tie €2,188
    Blossom kids €2,357
    John Of Gods €2,839
    Bumbleance 2017 €3,000
    National Remedial Hospital (earmarked) €3,000
    Remainder in bank €1,540

Total 20,224

Some things to note. 20,224 is bigger than I announced at the end of 2016 because some people keep sticking money in the account even after xmas (bless them).

National Remedial Hospital is "earmarked" because while the money is currently "resting in my account"... they are in the process of spending it.

Bumbleance we typically donate 3k each year towards the entertainments installations in their ambulances. Last year the donation for 2016 happened in 2017 (along with 2017's), hence its listed twice.

I keep a remainder in the bank in case of something over running through the year.

So, thats the totals for the year!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

Help. I wanna put the logo and donate link back on my sig, but can't remember how

hdowney wrote: »
    Help. I wanna put the logo and donate link back on my sig, but can't remember how

Put (SSF]Give[/SSF] replace the ( with a [ at the start of it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,139 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Donation ending in 4Y0212625

Advertisement