Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tullamore Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭bennyineire

Anyone know when Screfix is opening, I see they have all the signage up

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Anyone know when Screfix is opening, I see they have all the signage up

There was a sign on the door when I visited last week saying they will open on the 20th.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭Eddie B

Lads anywhere in Tullamore that sell steel profile? Looking for some flat bar and round bar

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

Peter Hinch in Tanyard if he is open atm.

Lads, anywhere in town selling concert tickets? Think the last place I got some is now gone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,933 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Eddie B wrote: »
    Lads, anywhere in town selling concert tickets? Think the last place I got some is now gone

Not sure but the owner of Sports Outlet Mullingar is from Tullamore (Paul), he's a ticket master agent, Phone 0449333361, great guy, might be able to help

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

What concert Eddie? Colgans (gone) used to sell them and Im pretty sure I got tickets last year in the music shop in the bridge centre. Could have been for the bus to concert though, I'm not sure.

What concert Eddie? Colgans (gone) used to sell them and Im pretty sure I got tickets last year in the music shop in the bridge centre. Could have been for the bus to concert though, I'm not sure.

Yea thats it Colgans. Was hoping to get Deftones tickets. I don't think Tracks does it anymore, but I'll ask thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

The green arrow for turning right onto Patrick street at Hayse's cross is acting up again, it's hit and miss whether the green arrow appears, anyone else notice it. Rant over.

Has anybody tried the new donut shop on Harbour street yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

went in the other week and they hadnt any donuts!!

looked to be feck all of anything in there tbh

akelly02 wrote: »
    went in the other week and they hadnt any donuts!!

looked to be feck all of anything in there tbh

A donut shop with no donuts, LOL.

Not a good start

A donut shop with no donuts, LOL.

Not a good start

There has to be a hole in this story :)

Dempo1 wrote: »

theres not :)

all they had was cakes, muffins. no doughnuts

theres not :)

all they had was cakes, muffins. no doughnuts

No sugar coating this scandal, a donut shop with no donuts, disgraceful :)

Yea, we tried them last week. Was disappointed to be honest. Their was hardly any flavour to the donuts. Looked great, but very little flavour too them. Thought I had covid for a minute, but no, it was the donuts. Didn't try any of their other stuff, so can't comment on them.

why am i only getting this now

why am i only getting this now

It's the lockdown I guess :)

Pretty bleak reporting yesterday on covid numbers in Tullamore.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Its been fairly high the past few weeks round Offaly, far outstripping the norm in terms of relative case numbers. Didnt watch any of the reports, did they give any conclusive reason for the spike here?

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    Its been fairly high the past few weeks round Offaly, far outstripping the norm in terms of relative case numbers. Didnt watch any of the reports, did they give any conclusive reason for the spike here?

I don't think so, but did hear that its a lot to do with the meat factorys. Seemingly brought in workers from another area, because there is so many out with the virus. Some of them re infected the factories

• Advertisement

I don't think so, but did hear that its a lot to do with the meat factorys. Seemingly brought in workers from another area, because there is so many out with the virus. Some of them re infected the factories

Highest incident rate is offaly over the past few days, unclear if its Tullamore albeit there was the large outbreak at a creche and I heard four schools (open to correction on the schools)

Highest incident rate is offaly over the past few days, unclear if its Tullamore albeit there was the large outbreak at a creche and I heard four schools (open to correction on the schools)

There must be cases in every school in the country at this stage

There must be cases in every school in the country at this stage

No they are not. People overestimate because only positive cases get into news.

Anyway it is Tullamore area. Covid app covers Edenderry, Tullamore and Birr areas and Tullamore is by far the highest. It's still lower than it was in January (and lower than loads of EU countries).

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭TobyHolmes

what is it like to live in Tullamore? and is it commutable for working in Dublin?
    house pricing there seems pretty decent.

[QUOTE=meeeeh;116676176]No they are not. People overestimate because only positive cases get into news.

Anyway it is Tullamore area. Covid app covers Edenderry, Tullamore and Birr areas and Tullamore is by far the highest. It's still lower than it was in January (and lower than loads of EU countries).[/QUOTE]

Well you have cases in St Coleman, and Ballinamere, and a number of schools in town. Aint many schools left in Tullamore after that. Maybe Tullamore schools are far worse than the rest of the country in that case?

Well you have cases in St Coleman, and Ballinamere, and a number of schools in town. Aint many schools left in Tullamore after that. Maybe Tullamore schools are far worse than the rest of the country in that case?

Agreed the 4 Schools in Tullamore

https://www.offalyexpress.ie/news/home/619485/hse-confirms-classes-excluded-in-schools-in-tullamore-due-to-covid-19.html

I thought you ment nationally. Anyway as far as I'm aware no cases in school ours go to.

TobyHolmes wrote: »
    what is it like to live in Tullamore? and is it commutable for working in Dublin?

Yep pretty good I would say, train station with good connectivity, shopping is OK, pubs and restaurants are good (when open).

No real major crime to speak of (except the odd bit of trouble)

Plenty of sports clubs and gyms.

Canal greenways, easily the nicest nice town park in the midlands

Any other questions please ask away

TobyHolmes wrote: »
    Dull, architecturally uninteresting, people live in each others pockets, functioning community, adequate public services/resources and easily commutable to West Dublin. It is the best or rather least worst town in the midlands when all things are considered. It isn't a dormer town. Not a ringing endorsement and I wouldn't consider it if one didn't already have connections to the town.

• Advertisement

I think Tullamore is nice enough to live in. Shopping wouldn't be that great in my opinion but half of the brands I buy aren't available in Ireland anyway. There is nice farmer's market. I'm not crazy about food offerings in town, there are two good non ethic restaurants in my opinion (Blue Apron and Captain House), some decent Indian restaurants and the rest is edible. I think it's a good town to live in if you drive, it's easy enough to get around country and there is a bit of life in town. Hopefully working from home will help with making town more vibrant.

As for living in each other's pockets, I think that can happen but only if you want it to. We have no issues keeping to ourselves.

Advertisement