Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rugby Podcast Discussions

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Dog Botherer

I mean that last episode had two Welsh lads and and English lad living in Wales on it, it's always going to have a Welsh slant. Like Rigor Mortis said, I don't mind a different POV, this forum can be quite biased towards Ireland and I find the podcast a good balance, as well as consistently funny in a way that no other rugby podcast is even close to being. Also, having being listening for a few months now, they're huge fans of Leinster(who they have nailed on to win the CC) and Munster, are all aboard the Larmour hype train, and are extremely jealous of our backrow depth.

I will say though that it's probably not the best episode to jump in on if you're primarily an Irish fan. Try a couple of older episodes. I don't remember specific episode numbers but the one with their interview with Billy Vunipola was really good.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,093 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

The left wing is by far my favorite rugby podcast atm. Always good banter between Luke & Will and as a Leinster fan, the guests are great. Others I listen to are Off the ball, Second Captains & Blues Talk.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭RugbyLover123

More banter then rugby on the Rugby Pod, the amount of times 'mate' is said is cringy

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,616 Mod ✭✭✭✭aloooof

Anyone started listening to the Demented Mole podcast?

aloooof wrote: »

First I've heard of it but I'll give it a shot.

Subscribed when I saw it the other day but haven’t had a chance to listen yet. Will report back with my thoughts when i get a chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,707 ✭✭✭arsebiscuits1

Anyone catch Jamie on this?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p062dtx3

There's been a few of his quotes thrown about the media today.

But the whole thing is top drawer. One of the best interviews I've heard in a long time. Ugo and Jamie clearly get on. Well worth a listen.

About 15 minutes in I think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

Yeah the Rugby Union Weekly on BBC is regularly very good. Probably my favourite at the minute

• Registered Users Posts: 3,706 ✭✭✭clsmooth

Just listened to the post Grand Slam episode, very good. Great to get a view from some knowledgeable hosts who don’t have to be concerned about talking about old team mates. Recommended. Are they going to keep going or was it just a 6 Nations series of podcasts?

• Advertisement

clsmooth wrote: »
    Just listened to the post Grand Slam episode, very good. Great to get a view from some knowledgeable hosts who don’t have to be concerned about talking about old team mates. Recommended. Are they going to keep going or was it just a 6 Nations series of podcasts?

Listened to the first 3 (episodes 0-2) and I've enjoyed them quite a bit so far. The lads have a very obvious love for the game and it really shines through in a way that sets them apart from the stuffy professionalism of a lot of rugby podcasts. It's no Blood & Mud (yet), but I can see them going that way. I really love their soundboards and commentary clips, some of them catch me off guard and crack me up.

Looks like they're keeping it going too, they just put out a new episode a few days ago.

Anyone catch Jamie on this?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p062dtx3

There's been a few of his quotes thrown about the media today.

But the whole thing is top drawer. One of the best interviews I've heard in a long time. Ugo and Jamie clearly get on. Well worth a listen.

About 15 minutes in I think

wouldn't be the biggest Heaslip fan, but he came across pretty well, except for admitting his habit of stealing espresso cups from coffee shops from around the world on his travels :)

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭ArmchairQB

Very entertaining piece on Newstalk that I just caught the last part of. Looked back at Leinsters start to the professional era and just before. Matt Williams and Reggie Corrigan and Mike Ruddock all telling their stories. One bit good out in that Matt Williams told Reggie he had a vision (circa 2000/2001) that one day people would be wearing Leinster jerseys in the street. Reggie told him that he was daft as could only get a few to watch the games never mind sell jerseys to public. If anyone has a link please post as well worth a listen. Shows how far we have come in 20 years.

Advertisement