Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Think I've been scammed by Dublin Removal company - looking for help

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭otto_26

370e was for insurance to cover up to 10k which they never took out, just stole my money. We paid over 3k to ship our things, which they confirmed was door to door before we shipped. Had to pay another 1.5k here to the sydney agent as irish guy bever paid them. I did check reviews for this company before I used them and turns out they wrote all the good ones themselves. They claim to be members of all these removal associations which they are not...just use the logos. Have a big office , website and trucks with their name on it. And the cops tell me its a bad business man and to look up my consumer rights. I got through to his mobile once and was told I was speaking to someone else and the other guy had a stroke and won't be working again. We are getting our things delivered tomorrow and I hope no breakages.

If you paid by credit card why don't you try to do a charge back?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Christina1976

I paid by bank transfer so that's not an option. I'm going to small claim court. Have since heard from someone else in Malta who used same company and he did same thing. Really don't understand how he can still be running a business

• Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭nuckeythompson

I paid by bank transfer so that's not an option. I'm going to small claim court. Have since heard from someone else in Malta who used same company and he did same thing. Really don't understand how he can still be running a business

Might be worth contacting iffa.ie I've worked in this industry and previously worked for a firm who did exactly this on a few occasions. Usually the foreign agent would have a credit agreement. In this case I assume due to bad credit it's all on cod. I would contact the freight forwarding association in Malta and Australia as if the agent accepts the shipment on ddu terms they cannot hold your goods for someone else's bad debt.
    Would be interested in knowing who this firm are

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,835 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Might be worth contacting iffa.ie I've worked in this industry and previously worked for a firm who did exactly this on a few occasions. Usually the foreign agent would have a credit agreement. In this case I assume due to bad credit it's all on cod. I would contact the freight forwarding association in Malta and Australia as if the agent accepts the shipment on ddu terms they cannot hold your goods for someone else's bad debt.
    Would be interested in knowing who this firm are

Is is this site: http://www.iifa.ie??

• Advertisement

Sorry yes it is. Now with you guys overseas you will need to look at the local equivalent. The agent should not hold on to your goods due to their Irish counterpart not paying. If they accept the shipment on ddu terms (door to door) it's up to them to chase ace for payment. DO NOT pay, you already have

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

Customs are not waiting on any money for personal effects. no duty payable
    DDU - delivered duty unpaid

Advertisement