Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who is someone you inexplicably can't stand?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Kingslayer

Keith Lemon.

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭Jack Daw

She's actually pretty decent in my opinion although I tend to watch a lot of games with the sound off these days as most commentators are incredibly annoying.

Having to listen to Jamie Carragher and Neville act like fans while commentating is embarrassing but I guess that the sort of bullcrap sky wants, more bantz on twitter after the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,070 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

• Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭BraveDonut

Joe Lycett - He thinks that being sneery and condescending is comedy

• Registered Users Posts: 36 MickMacca7757

No she isn't decent. She hasn't a clue. Switch BT off when she is on commentary. No woman should be commentating on men's football

• Advertisement

Climate Activist/journalist John Gibbons, he's been appearing everywhere recently.

He has a really smug self satisfied face and also he's obsessed with taxation as a way out of this issue which of course is idiotic as everyone knows that taxation like this generally punishes people who aren't rich enough to afford to be able to pay the tax and also generally the best way to get better results is to encourage good behaviour (i.e. incentives like tax relief) not punish bad behaviour (i.e taxation).

He also said in his interview with the Irish Independent today "when I had my first daughter" which implies he has more than 1 child.It's been proven over and over again that having children is the worst thing you can do for the environment , so why didn't he just stick to having one child if he cares so much about the planet?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,854 ✭✭✭dominatinMC

"Smug" and "self-satisfied" seem to be essential criteria for anyone commenting on climate change. I heard George Monbiot (Guardian commentator) on Newstalk this morning talking down and dismissing the opposing contributor from the IFA. These commentators are not doing themselves, or the climate, any favours with their condescending tone.

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭gym_imposter

Nicola Coughlin

• Registered Users Posts: 20,507 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

That's all well and good, but……

"Is there anyone out there that you just don't like and you just can't explain it? Someone who you just can't stand but they've never really done anything to make you feel that way?"

• Registered Users Posts: 13,377 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

It’s probably not inexplicable but Rory McIlroy is one person I can’t stand . When the new multimillionaire league started in Saudi Arabia he was all onboard and bad mouthing PGA players . Then when the Saudi thing fell through he’s all back apologetic and saying he PGA is the only one . Two faced w&€@er if ever there was one .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,197 ✭✭✭Suckler

I don't think that's correct re. the Saudi V PGA.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,377 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I thought he was all for it until the rest of the tour said no . He’s all appogetic now

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭ottolwinner

do you mean the liv tour? He remained with pga. I think! Now I’m not sure.
    it’s a balls of a game anyhow

• Registered Users Posts: 40,156 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

You have that backwards or my memory is failing me. He was always very much opposed to LIV golf.

McIIroy has been against the LIV tour since it started. Maybe take a look at the documentary Full Swing on Netflix and you will see. Always back the PGA tour and was fuming when they merged with LIV. There were rumours circulating after the Masters at the weekend that he was joining LIV but he shot that down yesterday with an interview on the Golf channel. Anyway I find McIlroy alright. He could have gotten a massive pay cheque off LIV to join but stuck with the PGA. Not like some of the golfers who are happy to join a circus

I couldn't stand him because of his smug face initially.Then I saw his twitter feed and it confirmed my initial impression of him.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Ivor_Guddon

James Kavanagh ( John Kavanaghs brother ) and Brian Dowling and his goon hubby

where does the campness come from ffs

• Registered Users Posts: 8,937 ✭✭✭pgj2015

That tv show they did lately was so cringe and pointless, making a tv show about a prima donna looking for his perfect house, talk about first world problems, there are men in Ukraine fighting a war getting their arms blown off and we have soft people like him thinking life is so hard. then they unveiled a fcukin picture at the end of their dream house, not even a house they bought 🤦‍♂️ thats where your tv license money is going folks.

who's paying tv licence ? i certainly am not

sick of the utter garbage we have to put up with

• Registered Users Posts: 5,087 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

On James Kavanagh, I have called him out good few times here. He is of this new generation that find it perfectly normal to put themselves out there via their smart fones, and made thus starting point to a media career. Their income seems to spread across all sorts of pointless faff then, podcasts, different reality tv, #AD and #gifted. They seem to come from fairly wealthy families to start off with as they have means to buy the best fones, cameras and other digital equipment to do their vlogs. I am not sure how the taxman can accurately take from them, sure they are hard working self employed but the incoming pay must be a bit cluttered. The Kavanagh lad seems to be very cock sure of himself.

• Advertisement

his brother is Conor McGregors head coach , only way this lad is making money is by selling his hoop

• Registered Users Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭Bobson Dugnutt

I don’t mind James Kavanagh at all, and think that new house hunting show is good entertainment. He boils the piss of all the right sort of people as well. Bonus.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,156 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

the story released yesterday is that he was offered 850M to join LIV but turned it down.

Yeah the story came out yesterday by a few media sites but was quickly dismissed by McIlroy. Rumours supposedly doing the rounds after the Masters

Yep JK is doing very well for himself. He has big house in the hills overlooking south Dublin, his gym is booming, he goes on multiple work trips a year to US and other places with the various fighters. Ok he is just paid a fee by McGregor but it must be a big fee, and I’m sure Conor is generous with his tips. Looking at that tv show his younger brother did, I was wondering why he didn’t just get a loan of cash from his brother JK if money/getting mortgage or wanting to live in Dublin was issue. But to be honest I think the purpose of that tv show was just another paid job at expanding the media profile of James Kavanagh.

he only has any social media presence is because of his brother , sure he was name dropping all around before anybody knew who he was , best part of him rolled down his mothers legs

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Kingslayer

Benjamin Nutty-yahoo. If ever there was a Bond villain in real life, he is it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭brokenbad

Benedict Cumberbatch

To be fair to James Kav he was one of the original to go down this influencer road, and I don’t think he has much used his older bro name to boost his career. He is camp as can be and loves the camera. It’s all me, me, me this is my life, oh these are my parents isn’t my father so funny cos he is grumpy let’s film it and show to the world. As I said I don’t really understand how all this over exposure gets monitised into a career, but it works for these type of extroverts. The only time I ever heard him mention McGregor was when he was wearing a pair of ridiculous Gucci furry slippers and he said they were a gift from Conor. I have never seen pic of him with Conor, or ever seen Conor mention him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭StevenToast

While i agree with this 100%...its like saying Putin or Hitler....

This thread seems to light up for the likes of Vogue Williams and Brian Dowlings of this world...or even that prìck Kavanagh right now.…

The Z list Irish types...

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

Advertisement