Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rip-off Canon inkjet cartridges

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,506 ✭✭✭the_pen_turner

how dit you get the lid off so easily

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Jimllfixit

Clauric wrote: »
    The problem here is buying the Pixma range printers. They are fairly useless for printing due to their small ink cartridges. The reason they are cheap printers is to encourage you to buy them. They make their money off selling perishable goods, like printing cartridges.

If you are looking for a good Canon printer, try the Maxify MB5150, or similar.

Hi Clauric,

I had been hoping to get a "Canon Consumer Scam" thread going, rather than to find a different printer.

It was the outrage caused by finding (IMHO) improperly filled cartridges, compounded by the outrage caused by the phone call from Canon "customer service" which denied EVERYTHING, despite the photos, that caused me to start this thread.

Incidentally, the cartridges were easily de-capped with a wide-bladed screwdriver.

However, the thread has so far failed to go "viral" so I'll get on with real life (which is primarily occupied with finding ways to avoid meeting Canon ever again). :o

Advertisement