Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Massey Ferguson 135

• 04-05-2017 8:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 852 ✭✭✭

I have a Massey Ferguson 135. Its number plate is 1987. Will I be able to get VINTAGE rate tax on this tractor.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,497 ✭✭✭rangler1

hillbloom wrote: »
    I have a Massey Ferguson 135. Its number plate is 1987. Will I be able to get VINTAGE rate tax on this tractor.

You should be, the reg no will be 30yrs old this year, however 135s were only manufactured up to 1975 so it has to be 40 yrs old plus .....is the year of manufacture not wrote on the tax book ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 852 ✭✭✭hillbloom

On the Tax book it says "DECLARED NEW YEAR OF MANUFACTURE" and 1987 is written in. And also in another place on the Tax Book its " DATE OF FIRST REGISTRATION UNDER ROADS ACT 1920" and 06/08/87 is written in. Its due for tax now 102e. I will call to the Motor Tax Office, they should know!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭80sDiesel

Mine is 88 so another year. Where is the best place to get insurance?

A man is rich in proportion to the number of things which he can afford to let alone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 852 ✭✭✭hillbloom

I checked in the Motor Tax Office & the Massey is vintage. Tax is 56e. We get insurance from FBD. Dont know are they cheap. Its due end of |August. Dont know how much I paid last year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,497 ✭✭✭rangler1

hillbloom wrote: »
    I checked in the Motor Tax Office & the Massey is vintage. Tax is 56e. We get insurance from FBD. Dont know are they cheap. Its due end of |August. Dont know how much I paid last year.

There should be a plate on the tractor somewhere telling the year of manufacture....it'd be interesting to know.
    These days you can't take a vehicle out of the garage without registering it, forty years ago people just didn't seem to bother......had one insured here for years on the chassis no. until I got caught:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement