Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland Summer ODI Series

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭Right2Write

That's a great innings from N'OB, whatever the outcome :)

Needs/ needed someone else to get a 50 though.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,499 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

That's a great innings from N'OB, whatever the outcome :)

Absolutely. Pity the openers couldn't stay in a bit today, this was winnable

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,629 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

This was very winnable. We need a few boundaries soon if we are going to have a chance

109 for Niall o Brien. Super innings

McCarthy gone too

• Advertisement

Disappointing end, a 51 run loss is not acceptable in this case

Disappointing end, a 51 run loss is not acceptable in this case

Cheap wickets at the beginning and end of innings, sandwiched by a bit of mettle.

Cheap wickets at the beginning and end of innings, sandwiched by a bit of mettle.

Far too cheap, we had a good chance there for a while in the middle or at least get to a respectable score. At the end of the day a lot of people will only look at the score and 51 runs won't help get Ireland much respect

• Registered Users Posts: 8,999 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

I left just before 6 to catch a train, didn't think they'd get anywhere near. Looked for a while like it might actually be happening but yes, 50 runs is well short.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,257 ✭✭✭Yourself isit

I'm not a normal cricket watcher bit an Indian colleague is looking to see a game. Maybe Sunday vs NZ in malahide.

Best place to book?

• Advertisement

I'm not a normal cricket watcher bit an Indian colleague is looking to see a game. Maybe Sunday vs NZ in malahide.

Best place to book?

It's been years since I've been able to go to a game so all I can suggest it Ticketmaster, you could also post in the off-topic thread maybe.

Does anyone know what the attendance figures were for the two ODIs in England? I saw it pointed out on the CE forum that the good attendances might do more to tempt the ECB to offer us more games than any sporting performance

Rain forecast for tomorrow, I hope it's possible to get in a decent game

• Registered Users Posts: 16,112 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

Rain forecast for tomorrow, I hope it's possible to get in a decent game

hopefully this weather holds. lovely in city centre

Bangladesh win toss and bowling. Stirling out 3rd ball

Capt out now as well 38/2

Oh dear, 132-5 now, Wilson and KOB batting

All out for 181

Captain-Picard-Facepalm.jpg

We'd better be fielding out of our skin to defend this. Bit disappointing for games on our home grounds.

This could be an embarrassing day for Irish cricket - Bangl scoring at 8 an over now, 16 off this over. 120 odd to win. No wickets taken. Don't look good.............. being put to the sword.

• Advertisement

This could be an embarrassing day for Irish cricket - Bangl scoring at 8 an over now, 16 off this over. 120 odd to win. No wickets taken. Don't look good.............. being put to the sword.
    Maybe a 10- wicket thrashing is going to be needed at this stage, to try force some sort of change in irish cricket

Maybe a 10- wicket thrashing is going to be needed at this stage, to try force some sort of change in irish cricket

Some retirements?

Some retirements?

Squad shake up at least, but a change in captaincy and management needs to happen first and then the squad changes can happen. Porterfield has been so uninspired for a few years now, fielding standards have dropped and a lot of new additions haven't been given a proper chance, particularly when it comes to bowling, like why wasn't Singh given a few overs last game?

Squad shake up at least, but a change in captaincy and management needs to happen first and then the squad changes can happen. Porterfield has been so uninspired for a few years now, fielding standards have dropped and a lot of new additions haven't been given a proper chance, particularly when it comes to bowling, like why wasn't Singh given a few overs last game?

Yep, you have to follow through on selections and not be so conservative. I suppose Porterfield puts in a good innings now & then and that saves the bacon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭VillaMad

Team need a shake up.

It isn't that there is a lot of players knocking on the door deserving of a chance, but the side has stagnated and things have to change. Porterfield should probably step aside as captain and let a new voice take over. He would still get in the side, purely as a batsman but I don't see what's the point with him continuing.

Bringing in a few youngsters would probably not improve results at the moment but we need to start looking to the future now as a lot of the current players will retire at relatively the same time and we need a few new faces.

Yep, you have to follow through on selections and not be so conservative. I suppose Porterfield puts in a good innings now & then and that saves the bacon.
    VillaMad wrote: »
    Team need a shake up.

It isn't that there is a lot of players knocking on the door deserving of a chance, but the side has stagnated and things have to change. Porterfield should probably step aside as captain and let a new voice take over. He would still get in the side, purely as a batsman but I don't see what's the point with him continuing.

Bringing in a few youngsters would probably not improve results at the moment but we need to start looking to the future now as a lot of the current players will retire at relatively the same time and we need a few new faces.
    Yeah Porterfield is still a good batsman but he has been there unchallenged as captain for far too long, no other team with ambition would accept having a permanent captain like we do. Fielding standards have dropped, fielding changes are often very uninspired and he bowls the new guys very oddly, we bring in a guy at number 8 and then just give him a handful of overs, no one is going to break in or get experience like that.

So an 8 wicket thrashing, with 20+ overs to spare :(

As far as I can see, we used to be an above par fielding side and could restrict scoring and put a bit of pressure on, though our bowling attack has been blunt for quite a while. We had a bit of spark with the bat, without ever being particularly consistent. All areas seem to have gone into decline somewhat?

So an 8 wicket thrashing, with 20+ overs to spare :(

As far as I can see, we used to be an above par fielding side and could restrict scoring and put a bit of pressure on, though our bowling attack has been blunt for quite a while. We had a bit of spark with the bat, without ever being particularly consistent. All areas seem to have gone into decline somewhat?

Pretty much, I'd say we used to be one of the top fielding sides, great catches, almost no mistakes and aggressive, which we needed to be cause our bowling was just a bunch of medium pacers.. but they were at least very accurate which combined with the fielding meant we could stand a chance against the less confident teams (Aussies, SA, Sri Lanka and NZ still used to hammer us iirc). The top order batting was never all that consistent but the tail used to chip in a lot more. We don't seem to have any of those characteristics anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Have we many players kicking the door down guys?

We were blessed with this golden generation, was always be a tough few years once they started to retire/wane:(

• Advertisement

NZ 145/2 after 24 overs with the second wicket just gone. Could get v ugly today

Advertisement