Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
New AMA with a US police officer (he's back!). You can ask your questions here

Bringing two "part" cars from UK

• 02-05-2017 8:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭ freddyuk

I am planning to import my own Daimler which has been off the road for a number of years together with a new bodyshell which will be used to rebuild it.
    Only one engine between the two and one bodyshell will not survive so how do I present for customs purposes? Is it 2 cars or one car and some spares.
    Thanks

I should mention they are both 1960's registration!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭ Silvera

To my knowledge, all vehicles presented for registration must be in running / driving condition. I believe it states this on the NCTS.ie website.

If the main vehicle is registered in your name for more than 6 months in the UK, you will not have to pay the standard €200 VRT (which applies to vehicles over 30 years old when imported) - but you would still have to present it at an NCTS centre for inspection / registration (in running condition).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭ freddyuk

Well that is not going to happen! So I would have to import them as "parts". I guess I will have to try and speak to a human being within the system rather than have the conversation at Rosslare. I have a feeling this is going to be far more complicated than it needs to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,796 ✭✭✭ Isambard

just import them and worry about the VRT when you've got one running.

Advertisement