Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Bringing two "part" cars from UK

• 02-05-2017 8:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭

I am planning to import my own Daimler which has been off the road for a number of years together with a new bodyshell which will be used to rebuild it.
    Only one engine between the two and one bodyshell will not survive so how do I present for customs purposes? Is it 2 cars or one car and some spares.
    Thanks

I should mention they are both 1960's registration!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,026 ✭✭✭Silvera

To my knowledge, all vehicles presented for registration must be in running / driving condition. I believe it states this on the NCTS.ie website.

If the main vehicle is registered in your name for more than 6 months in the UK, you will not have to pay the standard €200 VRT (which applies to vehicles over 30 years old when imported) - but you would still have to present it at an NCTS centre for inspection / registration (in running condition).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭freddyuk

Well that is not going to happen! So I would have to import them as "parts". I guess I will have to try and speak to a human being within the system rather than have the conversation at Rosslare. I have a feeling this is going to be far more complicated than it needs to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,796 ✭✭✭Isambard

just import them and worry about the VRT when you've got one running.

Advertisement