Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Irish car shows & meets etc

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭Leonard Hofstadter

When in June is C&C in Cork on? Is it the 10th or the 17th? If it's the latter I should be able to make it, if it's the former then it's a non-runner.

For some reason I seem to have nothing on every weekend except for those when there is a Cars and Coffee thing going on and annoyingly can never go!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,130 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

Vage show and shine is the 29th of July in Fermoy. All German marques are welcome I am led to believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

When in June is C&C in Cork on? Is it the 10th or the 17th? If it's the latter I should be able to make it, if it's the former then it's a non-runner.

For some reason I seem to have nothing on every weekend except for those when there is a Cars and Coffee thing going on and annoyingly can never go!
    No idea about the Cork one. Can add of anyone knows?

Vage show and shine is the 29th of July in Fermoy. All German marques are welcome I am led to believe.

Added

• Registered Users Posts: 5,796 ✭✭✭Isambard

earlier someone said Limerick is first sunday, cork second....which makes it the former.10th

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭M S E

Came across this if you didn't get to go.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1302415149890597.1073741849.266584643473658&type=3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭Leonard Hofstadter

M S E wrote: »

Oh for goodness sake, I made an unexpected visit to Cork last weekend so I could have gone to it but went back to Dublin first thing instead :rolleyes:.

I swear I'll go to one of these things eventually:o! Some lovely cars there, I like the pickup with the BMW V8 in it!

Oh for goodness sake, I made an unexpected visit to Cork last weekend so I could have gone to it but went back to Dublin first thing instead :rolleyes:.

I swear I'll go to one of these things eventually:o! Some lovely cars there, I like the pickup with the BMW V8 in it!

Fair nice selection alright. The Vage show and shine in Fermoy mentioned above is worth going to if you can. Good idea that they decided to include other German marques.

I've added the Cork C&c to the calendar, it's someone can send me the exact address I'll add this to?

Nice turnout from the loo of those images!

Fair nice selection alright. The Vage show and shine in Fermoy mentioned above is worth going to if you can. Good idea that they decided to include other German marques.

always a bit wary of a vag show

VAGE Charity Spin in aid of Pieta House
    Open to all makes/marques including bikes
    Dungarvan to the Vee
    Sunday 8th July

More details below:
    https://www.facebook.com/vage.eire/photos/a.266587913473331.67839.266584643473658/1321079948024117/?type=3&theater

• Advertisement

I trhink Trim is this Sunday, aawful long journey from Cork in this weather so I'm having second thoughts

Gowran festival of speed Sunday, might be a little closer

jozi wrote: »
    chalk and cheese

Isambard wrote: »
    chalk and cheese

My geographic knowledge of Ireland isn't what it should be be :o

not geographic, just it's a different type of show, Rim is a vintage show, Gowran rally sport based

Was watching a video by Stavros 969 about the Terenure Show. He was talking about the Cannonball route this year. A more detailed route will be available later online as per usual but for now he gave a rough idea:

Day One- Dublin-Cavan-Donegal-Westport

Day Two- Spanish Point- Blarney Woolen Mills

Day Three Kilkenny and finishing in Wexford

Search begins for a proper slip road :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭Shpud2

Has the Irish Motor Festival at Punchestown been mentioned yet?

Shpud2 wrote: »
    Has the Irish Motor Festival at Punchestown been mentioned yet?

I don't think it has been mentioned here yet anyway- is it August that it is on?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,074 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

jozi wrote: »

Debating heading down from Dublin but I think I’ll just head across to Trim.

Supposed to be an interesting auction at Gowran tomorrow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭Shpud2

I don't think it has been mentioned here yet anyway- is it August that it is on?

August 11th and 12th

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭clogher71

Was watching a video by Stavros 969 about the Terenure Show. He was talking about the Cannonball route this year. A more detailed route will be available later online as per usual but for now he gave a rough idea:

Day One- Dublin-Cavan-Donegal-Westport

Day Two- Spanish Point- Blarney Woolen Mills

Day Three Kilkenny and finishing in Wexford

Search begins for a proper slip road :)

He is some character, Stavros!!!

clogher71 wrote: »
    He is some character, Stavros!!!

Agreed :) I came across his channel because he does a good bit of cars and coffee/car events but I also like the mix of videos- vintage, trucks, electric cars, supercars.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭ofcork

I thought that the cannonball was finishing in blarney this year 10th one hopefully they will have some more exotica.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,120 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

YmFmMjQ1ODRjNjg0NDdmNmM0NzAyOGY1YmYzYjc4ZWE3-ZndiYWOcJkEvJX6h1rZaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xMDU0MDY2MTR8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

ofcork wrote: »
    I thought that the cannonball was finishing in blarney this year 10th one hopefully they will have some more exotica.

Hopefully the route will be on the website soon. Hoping for 55/63 amg/black series models as per usual! Looking forward to it.

Just in case some people aren't aware there are some changes to the Limerick Cars and Coffee days- this Sunday (5th) is Japanese Day. English Day is now 2nd Sept. Does anyone know does Supercar Sunday still remain the 2nd Sept?

https://www.facebook.com/events/2047935992187379/

Released on the Cannonball twitter today for anyone interested in the route-

https://mediahq.com/story/pr1/1009535/official-route-announced-for-cannonball-2018.html

I've been a bit preoccupied with college related stuff the last months/year and kept this calendar up to date. I'm free again and I'll see if I can find some time to up date again. If anyone knows of a good website which has a lot of show dates I can add please let me know

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

IEC Midland Run 2019

The annual IEC Midland Run is taking place on 14th September 2019 , based in the Abbey Hotel in Roscommon town , all makes of classic cars welcome , no admin fee and prizes for best cars on the day , approx 100 mile scenic drive , departing at 1pm sharp

https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/iec-midland-run-2019/22709203

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭BlackandGreen

Got run off the road last year near Clonmel on the day of the cannonball.
    Eastern European reg super BMW undertook at least 20 cars at insane speed, and weaved out a narrow gap then over took more forcing oncoming traffic off the road.
    Got the reg and rang the guards but I doubt they did anything.
    Love cars and driving, always a fan of the rally and car shows but hate how cannonball just attracts rich arseholes who drive like maniacs in traffic. The Limerick - Waterford road is lethal too. Wish they'd just keep that carry on to the motorways.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement