Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ridley Scott: Aliens exist and they will come for us ....

Options
  • 29-04-2017 6:59am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭

Famous film producer Ridley Scott has said in an interview that Aliens exist and they will come for us ....

The veteran filmmaker is preparing to release the sixth film in the Alien sci-fi horror series, Alien: Covenant, next month.

He said: "I believe in superior beings. I think it is certainly likely.

http://news.sky.com/story/ridley-scott-aliens-exist-and-they-will-come-for-us-10853502

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭judeboy101

Hopefully they'll take him first for his crimes against humanity i.e. Bladerunner 2 and Prometheus

judeboy101 wrote: »
    Hopefully they'll take him first for his crimes against humanity i.e. Bladerunner 2 and Prometheus

Prometheus is pretty decent in fairness to the old man

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭Paleblood

judeboy101 wrote: »

Blade Runner 2049 is being directed by Denis Villeneuve, the in-form director behind last year's Arrival, one of the best sci-fi movies of the past 25 years and the recipient of 8 Oscar nominations, including Best Picture and Best Director.

Personally, I'm very excited.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,063 ✭✭✭✭beertons

He's mad.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

beertons wrote: »
    He's mad.

Ancient-Aliens.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,485 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

So he's moving from the movie business to being a prophet and telling the future, good for him, in 2000 years he'll have a major religion still rolling

Film guy makes sensational prediction to generate publicity.

Next week, drunk guy in pub with same qualifications in this area as Ridley gives the rebuttal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Cloudio9

His statement about aliens is a lot more logical than the religious faith of billions of people on earth. Don't know if what he had said is seen as controversial but it shouldn't be.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,728 ✭✭✭dmc17

Sure they surely can't be much worse than humans

If Aliens don't exist, then how does one explain Superman?

The truth has been staring us in the face the whole time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,234 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Dementia is a bitch.

dmc17 wrote: »
    Sure they surely can't be much worse than humans

He seems to assume that the aliens would be kind of American/ aggressive. If they're so infinitely superior and we're not a threat because we're primitive morons then there's probably no motivation to wipe us out. Obviously we'd have to expect some anal probing but they've probably got some really advanced alien lube.

Cloudio9 wrote: »
    He seems to assume that the aliens would be kind of American/ aggressive. If they're so infinitely superior and we're not a threat because we're primitive morons then there's probably no motivation to wipe us out. Obviously we'd have to expect some anal probing but they've probably got some really advanced alien lube.

I want to believe in a world were consenting adult humans and aliens can probe each other

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭jacksie66

This post has been deleted.

jacksie66 wrote: »
    Same here. I loved Arrival. Was a breath of fresh air. He also did Sicario which is also a fantastic movie.

Very excited for the new blade runner..

Those vertical saucers from Arrival where pretty much taken straight out of Prometheus. Good movie though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭Paleblood

jacksie66 wrote: »
    Same here. I loved Arrival. Was a breath of fresh air. He also did Sicario which is also a fantastic movie.

Very excited for the new blade runner..

Enemy is also worth a watch if you haven't seen it yet. It's probably his 'weakest' film but it's further proof of how comfortable he is dealing with high concept material.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 281 ✭✭skankkuvhima

Film guy makes sensational prediction to generate publicity.

Next week, drunk guy in pub with same qualifications in this area as Ridley gives the rebuttal.

Cracking contribution, you should go on the road with that wit

• Registered Users Posts: 9,685 ✭✭✭buried

If there are indeed Aliens capable of intergalactic space travel, stands to reason they would probably be intelligent beings, which leads me to believe they wouldn't come anywhere near us.
    I'm not that bright myself but If I'm walking down the street and see a large gang of people killing each other with guns, drugs, oil and religion over the other side of the street the last thing I'll do is go over there.

"You have disgraced yourselves again" - W. B. Yeats

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭KilOit

Doesn't generally go well for less advanced society when a more advanced society pays a visit, look at human history, African slaves, wiping out native Indians etc. Think it was Stephen Hawkins that said if a alien ever pays a visit it will surely be hostile

buried wrote: »
    If there are indeed Aliens capable of intergalactic space travel, stands to reason they would probably be intelligent beings, which leads me to believe they wouldn't come anywhere near us.
    I'm not that bright myself but If I'm walking down the street and see a large gang of people killing each other with guns, drugs, oil and religion over the other side of the street the last thing I'll do is go over there.

But if they have mastered intergalactic space travel, then we would probably appear as ants to them as they would be so much more advanced than us. Would you cross the road if you saw some ants ðŸœ:-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,685 ✭✭✭buried

But if they have mastered intergalactic space travel, then we would probably appear as ants to them as they would be so much more advanced than us. Would you cross the road if you saw some ants ðŸœ:-)

I dunno, fecking ants can give ya a nasty little nip if it gets up the ankle. One time I was working on a job and at least 10 of the bastards got up my pants up to my chest where the 10 of them proceeded to sting me all at once. I thought I was having a heart attack. I'd cross the road.

"You have disgraced yourselves again" - W. B. Yeats

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 263 ✭✭CoolHandBandit

His statement about aliens is a lot more logical than the religious faith of billions of people on earth. Don't know if what he had said is seen as controversial but it shouldn't be.

It's not in the slightest.

It's not in the slightest.

Not in the slightest what?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 263 ✭✭CoolHandBandit

Not in the slightest what?

Controversial.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Could also be very flawed logic.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,642 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

But I thought Aliens were here already. Sure don,t the Americans always be giving out about how much smarter aliens are compared to them.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

I think Alien is a better film than Aliens.

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭flanna01

There are billion upon billions upon billion of stars (Suns to the ignorant)

The vast majority of these stars / Suns have planets spinning around them

A percentage of these planets reside I the 'Goldilocks zone' - Not too hot, not to cold - Eg: Perfect for life as we know it.

Does anybody really think we are alone in the Universe..? That we are so special? Are the chosen ones?? Pleeeease!!!!

Take a step back.... We are pointing weapons of mass destruction at each other, starving each other, bombing each other, killing each other.......

Religion was created to control the masses - Its as real as the Tellytubbies are...

Be nice to each other, respect each other - Stop thinking / believing we are the offspring of the God's created in his own image....

You are not - You are probably the most advanced (intellectually) bug, on the planet at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

I think Alien is a better film than Aliens.

I agree, apart from the machine guns in the tunnel scene (Aliens) which I really love!

Gun No:2 nearly out of ammo.............

"sh1t, they're banging on the hatch"

Bang bang, panic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,642 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

flanna01 wrote: »
    There are billion upon billions upon billion of stars (Suns to the ignorant)

The vast majority of these stars / Suns have planets spinning around them

A percentage of these planets reside I the 'Goldilocks zone' - Not too hot, not to cold - Eg: Perfect for life as we know it.

Does anybody really think we are alone in the Universe..? That we are so special? Are the chosen ones?? Pleeeease!!!!

Take a step back.... We are pointing weapons of mass destruction at each other, starving each other, bombing each other, killing each other.......

Religion was created to control the masses - Its as real as the Tellytubbies are...

Be nice to each other, respect each other - Stop thinking / believing we are the offspring of the God's created in his own image....

You are not - You are probably the most advanced (intellectually) bug, on the planet at the moment.

Well said. I have no problem with someone wanting to believe in religion as long as they respect other people's believes or the fact they don,t believe in any of that. If it gives them meaning and a reason to live so be it. Just don,t try forcing other people that do not believe in it to believe it thats called brainwashing. Its when someone trys to force a believe or a religion on someone that is wrong.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Advertisement