Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Prey - Bethesda 2017

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

I think i got stuck in some area and had little to no ammo. I’ve it downloaded again anyway so will give it another go later on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I read through this whole thread last night and people have said you run out of ammo but that was later in the game. Use the wrench as much as possible.

Anyone here play the moon something DLC? Is it worth it? I may wait till it is on sale before I buy it.

I played it, didn't like it and I platinumed the main game! Been a long time since I played it but remember it as being a lot harder than the main game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭brady12

So I put 180 hours into ff16 and zelda totk and I really wanted start BG3 but I was like I can't stomach another 100 hour game and starfield a month away . At least if that is a flop or cyberpunk mess I can start Bg3. I was looking for something off my backlog shortlist to pass a week or 2 . Picked this over evil within 2 and state of decay 2 and a few more . Played system shock remake demo on steam as a small prep . My god Prey is incredible . sometimes when I am a quarter , half way maybe two third through a game I can think it's 8,9 or 10 out of 10 and I can get sick of filler or gameplay gets repetitive and I think less of it ( looking at you FF16). It's just so addictive the gameplay loop of looting , crafting , getting new powers etc . The location , the atmosphere , the Nightmare 😅. Iv 3 main missions left I will finish it today hopefully and I can't see it being less then 10/10 for me . Incredible game . Bought it for cheap as chips in steam summer sale even though had it on game pass cos wanted option playing on steam deck but so far just stuck to pc. Play it !!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,237 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

One of the best games I've played. Gave it a go during lockdown since I had a fair bit of free time. I loved it from start to finish. I loved the intro and then slowly piecing together what was going on from the emails and notes and so on. It reminded me of Dishonored a bit with the many ways that a problem can be approached. I'm also a simple enough sort who likes to hit things with a crowbar but the wrench was a perfectly fine substitute.

The environments looks fantastic and that feeling of isolation and helplessness in parts was handled very well both inside and outside. I didn't experience any bugs and the game ran without a hitch. I didn't feel like it overstayed its welcome but it also didn't feel like it needed to be any longer to tell the story. I went with a human run but I'll try a mutant one once enough time has passed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,928 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

I got very strong half life vibes off it.

It took me a long time to warm to it after the original prey 2 got cancelled. I still think that's one of the corporate gaming crimes of the decade.

But once I did come around to it I really enjoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭one armed dwarf

IMO Prey is the only modern immersive sim that might actually belong in the classics category alongside stuff like Deus Ex

Not a perfect game, the enemy design can be dull, but in terms of interactions and exploring for secrets I like it better than Bioshock and System Shock 2.

Favorite thing was turning into a banana and sneaking around, and using the whirlwind move to fling my banana self across rooms to snipe with other powers

I agree, Prey was such a great game. I loved the intro

and then finding out the truth. I really thought I was flying over New York.

Advertisement