Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MyTaxi - Claim 10€ credit

Options
  • 27-04-2017 12:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭

Bonus: an updated version of mytaxi has just been released, and we’re givinging you €10 credit to celebrate. It's the safest, best-looking, most feature-packed mytaxi app ever!

How does it work?
    Update your app, take a journey, and we’ll give you a €10 credit for your next one. Simple!

Hurry – this offer and the credit are only valid until midnight on Sunday April 30th, so be quick!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,681 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

So do you have to take 2 trips to get the credit?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭Flatzie_poo

No - pay in full for one journey, and then use the credit on the second.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,731 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Whats the version number? I've 7.2.1 installed and there's no scheduled updates in playstore for me

No - pay in full for one journey, and then use the credit on the second.

So 2 trips then.

I used the app last weekend would that count as 1 trip?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭Flatzie_poo

Tyson Fury wrote: »
    So 2 trips then.

The credit is given to you after one trip to use against your next.
    I used the app last weekend would that count as 1 trip?

I'd check the offer's T&C's to see when the offer is effective to decide if that's relevant or not!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭PeterDuggan

darconio wrote: »
    Offer and credit only valid until Sunday!
    So you have to make two trips by Sunday to get €10!
    Let's all uninstall MyTaxi until they give decent offers.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,387 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

They're doing half price taxis to Shannon airport too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Cloudio9

I guess it's the weekend so a lot of people will get a taxi to and from the pub/restaurant and benefit from this.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,491 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

I have to agree, rubbish offers from them. I still haven't installed the app and I won't until they offer something decent for the trouble.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

bk wrote: »
    I have to agree, rubbish offers from them. I still haven't installed the app and I won't until they offer something decent for the trouble.

They seem to have made a balls of the whole transition from Hailo. I installed mytaxi and uninstalled Hailo. The next day I went to prebook a taxi and it told me I'd need to use Hailo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭ucd.1985

So you have to make two trips by Sunday to get ?10!

Why do you feel entitled to free taxi journeys?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭yannakis

Is it just me who reads their stupid logo as x-mytaxi?

d25367285aa415b6dcc5769493605124.jpg

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,491 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

ucd.1985 wrote: »

For the trouble of having to uninstall Hailo and install mytaxi app and set it up.

Of course they don't have to offer anything and I don't have to use their new app and service and go to all that trouble. I can just happily continue to use Uber instead. Which is what I've been doing.

They have spent an absolute fortune on advertising. A little credit to existing customers for the inconvenience of having to switch over would go a long way to help make the transition smoother.

To be honest, they have handled the transition extremely badly IMO.

It is up to them now if they want our business badly enough or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Cocoon

For the trouble of having to uninstall Hailo and install mytaxi app and set it up.

Of course they don't have to offer anything and I don't have to use their new app and service and go to all that trouble. I can just happily continue to use Uber instead. Which is what I've been doing.

They have spent an absolute fortune on advertising. A little credit to existing customers for the inconvenience of having to switch over would go a long way to help make the transition smoother.

To be honest, they have handled the transition extremely badly IMO.

It is up to them now if they want our business badly enough or not.

I downloaded the app and it automatically transferred all my details including credit card to Mytaxi, I noticed that the prebook option is also available on the mytaxi app too. Not much involved really only a quick download from the play store.

Cocoon wrote: »
    I downloaded the app and it automatically transferred all my details including credit card to Mytaxi, I noticed that the prebook option is also available on the mytaxi app too. Not much involved really only a quick download from the play store.

Or I can not bother with that and simply continue to use Uber!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

yannakis wrote: »
    Is it just me who reads their stupid logo as x-mytaxi?

d25367285aa415b6dcc5769493605124.jpg

yeah, its stupid, the "X man" should have been where the X in taxi is, and not be big, just a subtle man text the same size.

I searched "X mytaxi" and found it is trademarked by them.

https://trademarks.justia.com/858/64/x-mytaxi-www-mytaxi-85864393.html
    X MYTAXI WWW.MYTAXI.COM - Trademark Details
    011508, 020134, 040702, 270302 - A single drop (including a single raindrop or a single teardrop). Other grotesque men including men formed by plants or objects. Objects or combinations of objects representing a person. Representations of human beings or parts of human beings forming letters or numerals, including punctuation.
    :confused::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭yannakis

rubadub wrote: »
    I searched "X mytaxi" and found it is trademarked by them.

https://trademarks.justia.com/858/64/x-mytaxi-www-mytaxi-85864393.html

:eek: :pac: :pac: :D unbelievable!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,465 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

I got an email just today from them with a unique code for €15 credit towards a prebooked taxi. Handy for the airport.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,929 ✭✭✭dodzy

Cocoon wrote: »
    I installed it the first day it went live and the frcking thing mported EXPIRED card details with no option to update card details. Stupid fail. Many taxi drivers are currently cursing it too. I'll leave it until I can't use Hailo anymore. Hopefully at that point, it'll be functioning properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭ucd.1985

The trouble of uninstalling an app? :confused:

It migrates all your info over to MyTaxi.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 646 ✭✭✭hungry hypno toad

I thought I would be entitled to free taxi journeys since so many are entitled to free houses, free medical cards, free travel passes etc. In fact it is the least they can do for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

We need to have a bidding war for bk as he/she must be really important.

Lets call it 'bkexit'

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

I won 100 Euro (5x20) worth of vouchers for mytaxi during the changeover. Pity cause I hardly use them and they need to be used within the next month. Not sure if they are even transferable.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Is this just for Ireland or will get the €10 if I use it in other countries?

The trouble of uninstalling an app? :confused:

It migrates all your info over to MyTaxi.

Read the comment right above you, people are having loads of trouble migrating over.

So much easier to just use Uber, unless mytaxi gives us a reason to go to all that trouble.

Didn't think Uber was available in Ireland, what are the benefits of using them, are they cheaper?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Didn't think Uber was available in Ireland, what are the benefits of using them, are they cheaper?

They currently offer €10 promo codes if you sign up. I'll PM you my invite code and we will then both benefit from a €10 ride. I don't think it is allowed to put such promo codes up here on board, but I think PM is ok.

Also handy to have it if you travel to the US a lot. Uber rules the US, no MyTaxi there. UberPool is fantastic for New York.

Also I find that on average, the taxi's on Uber are newer and nicer then Hailo/Mytaxi. That is because when Uber first launched, they only left newer, larger taxi's on the service. They have since relaxed that rule, but I still find that most of the taxi's that come by Uber are of a better quality in general.

Partly I think it is because a lot of the Uber drivers are targeting US tourists and US business people. So generally a higher level of service.

Don't get me wrong, I've certainly had nice taxis on Hailo/MyTaxi too, but I've also had complete bangers with them too. It is really 50/50. With Uber, I don't remember ever getting a banger on that service.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Cloudio9

So much easier to just use Uber, unless mytaxi gives us a reason to go to all that trouble.

A reason not to use Uber is they represent the worst of silicon valley culture. Don't give your money to Kuntz.

Cloudio9 wrote: »
    A reason not to use Uber is they represent the worst of silicon valley culture. Don't give your money to Kuntz.

And you think Hailo/MyTaxi are any better!

Don't kid yourself, what MyTaxi are doing is hoping that people will switch over without them having to give out any vouchers to get people to switch over.

I bet you that when they finally come to turning off Hailo app, they will then offer vouchers to switch over to anyone who hasn't already switched over. While those who switch over now will be offered nothing!

Since this is a bargain alerts forum. The best thing for people to do is:

- Don't switch to MyTaxi from Hailo until they offer a voucher to do so
    - If you haven't already signed up to Uber, do so and get a €10 voucher off from them.

BTW we really do need Uber here too. If Hailo/MyTaxi are just left as a monopoly, then we will all suffer with likely higher prices due to no competition.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭choons

They currently offer €10 promo codes if you sign up. I'll PM you my invite code and we will then both benefit from a €10 ride. I don't think it is allowed to put such promo codes up here on board, but I think PM is ok.

Also handy to have it if you travel to the US a lot. Uber rules the US, no MyTaxi there. UberPool is fantastic for New York.

Also I find that on average, the taxi's on Uber are newer and nicer then Hailo/Mytaxi. That is because when Uber first launched, they only left newer, larger taxi's on the service. They have since relaxed that rule, but I still find that most of the taxi's that come by Uber are of a better quality in general.

Partly I think it is because a lot of the Uber drivers are targeting US tourists and US business people. So generally a higher level of service.

Don't get me wrong, I've certainly had nice taxis on Hailo/MyTaxi too, but I've also had complete bangers with them too. It is really 50/50. With Uber, I don't remember ever getting a banger on that service.

I've tried Uber so many times but have not been able to get a taxi in Dublin. Have you found it reliable in Ireland?

Was great when I lived in the UK.

Oh and the Mytaxi €10 credit worked for me - yes it takes two journeys.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement