Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Spitting Image to return

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,290 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Was a double episode this week.
    Kind of felt like a finale. Maybe because it's the last before the US election

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,256 ✭✭✭batistuta9

A load of the clips are up on YT, is that what you're referring to or are the full episodes up?

Nothing hugely entertaining in the clips that I've seen]

The full episodes are up. Can watch them with US vpn.

Watched the first 4 & don't think I'll bother with anymore, maybe a couple of sketches each ep. are funny but not enough to keep watching.

The Jinping shuffle was very good though.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Peter_OConnor

I love it. Sure it's not all hilarious but I always get a decent laugh out of it. It's a very quick watch so well worth your time.

Episode 3 is the best so far. It has a scene were Pence is explaining a foreign relations dispute to Trump using puppets. It had me laughing hysterically for ten minutes and I still laugh when I think about it.

Comedians just can't do this type of thing in that they can't go quite so far whereas Spitting Image can just tell it as it is!

It is heavy on UK politics and the monarchy obviously being a UK show but the USA stuff is the best and especially the whole Trump family.

I'm assuming they just hedged their bets when making this week's episode and assumed Biden would win

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 434 ✭✭Lady Spangles

garrettod wrote: »
    Hi,

Anyone watching old re-runs of Spitting Image and if so, where please?

I really wish they would bring Spitting Image back, it was a great show, we've loads of high profile gobsh1tes that they could take the pi$$ out of, while it might also be a bit easier to make than a lot of other TV at the moment, given the social distancing needs etc.

I watched a lot of the old episodes on YouTube - they were uploaded in their entirety quite some time ago. Try this?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Peter_OConnor

I love the new series and hope they keep it going. Trump is just brilliant. I won't spoil it but some genius scenes where Pence is dumbing some foreign policy so Trump an understand. Worth watching just for that. Sure it's not a laugh a minute but what is?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,886 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Season 2 starts tomorrow.

It will be interesting to see there take on the effects of Brexit and Covid on the UK.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,855 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

A real pity there’s no deal to show this here.

Not the greatest opening however it still had a few funny moments.

Olivia Coleman is everywhere :)

Emo Teen Baby Yoda was something I wasn't expecting.

• Advertisement

They're getting their money's worth from their Megan and Harry puppets anyway.

Greta vs Malala made me laugh this week.

Advertisement