Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 mobile where to go instead?

Options
  • 22-04-2017 10:26am
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I was with O2, had a great package, when 3 took over it was continued. I think it was 15 yoyo +vat a month for 250 minutes and 150 texts a month. It is direct debit once a month.

I got a text yesterday, my price is going up 14 or 15 yoyo in May. This is basically doubling it. Any suggestions where else to look, preferably not tesco if at all possible.

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭cute geoge

What is this new crack by 3 ,they are RETIRING the old packages and think lads will pay double for a new plan .I must change as well
    What is wrong with tesco???

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

Ya f**k them blue l'm in same boat. Will be moving too. Both wife and myself with them the guts of twenty years. They can change contract when they want but try and do that as a customer it's a different story. Phone was giving bother. Sent it back and they didn't want to know, even though it's a common manufacturers fault with samsungs.

As I've said before, customer loyalty means nothing nowadays.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 TheMagee

ID mobile might suit, I've just moved and they're piggybacking on threes network so you'd have much the same coverage. Sim only is 20 euro a month and every 3rd month is free.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Limestone Cowboy

Changed to Vodafone pay da you go a few months back. I now have reception and 3G that works. 30 Euro a month and have free calls and texts to mobiles and landlines and 5gb of data.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,143 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Can only get coverage on meteor here. €45/month for 10gb data . 400texts and 400minutes. Free facebook,Twitter etc too

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 697 ✭✭✭wordofwarning

Try Lycamobile or 48. They are on the three network (well the old O2 network). Their customer support is non-existent, but their plans are super cheap.

They are only PAYG

• Registered Users Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

Try Lycamobile or 48. They are on the three network (well the old O2 network). Their customer support is non-existent, but their plans are super cheap.

They are only PAYG

Don't expect ppl to ring ya if your on lyca

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭Green farmer

Left Vodafone a few months ago. Moved to Eir bill pay for €25 a month with unlimited calls, texts and 15GB. Vodafone were only giving me 2GB for the same money. Wife recently also moved to tesco mobile which is even cheaper at €15 a month prepay but with 10GB. No issues with either provider.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

`The local mast here is a Vodafone one so good enough for calls and texts. I moved from Meteor because every second call was dropped and internet was almost non existent but Vodafone much better.

I think the main thing is to find out which provider owns the mast in your area and opt for them or one of the users on their network. Crossing networks doesn't seem to work around here anyway.

My phone is on its last legs atm so thinking of buying a phone myself and switching to a sim only plan when my contract expires.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 615 ✭✭✭Boaty

3 have a prepay 20 euro a month deal where you get free unlimited texts, free unlimited data and free three to three calls. Then you use 20 euro for your calls.

You could try it out for a month and see how you get on, it will only cost you 20 euro

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,143 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

`The local mast here is a Vodafone one so good enough for calls and texts. I moved from Meteor because every second call was dropped and internet was almost non existent but Vodafone much better.

I think the main thing is to find out which provider owns the mast in your area and opt for them or one of the users on their network. Crossing networks doesn't seem to work around here anyway.

My phone is on its last legs atm so thinking of buying a phone myself and switching to a sim only plan when my contract expires.
    What package with meteor are you on? We have rebounders on our outfarm for all networks- one mile from home- but only coverage with meteor here. Also when close to the rebounders I have no service at all :confused:

whelan2 wrote: »
    What package with meteor are you on? We have rebounders on our outfarm for all networks- one mile from home- but only coverage with meteor here. Also when close to the rebounders I have no service at all :confused:
    I'm with Vodafone with 5 or 6 years now I'd say, I just had a PAYG contract with Meteor. I couldn't make calls over the weekend with everyone on Vodafone seeming to get preference and text messages would all come in at 7 or 8 in the evening when space was given to non Vodafone texts.

You would imagine you would get good reception nearer the masts?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭timple23

http://siteviewer.comreg.ie/

enter your address here and you will be able to find the nearest mast to you

• Registered Users Posts: 11,160 ✭✭✭✭Base price

Boaty wrote: »
    3 have a prepay 20 euro a month deal where you get free unlimited texts, free unlimited data and free three to three calls. Then you use 20 euro for your calls.

You could try it out for a month and see how you get on, it will only cost you 20 euro
    I have the old O2 PAYG package which is free calls to all networks and 1 gig of data, top up by 20 a month (30 days) and they deducted 9.99 for each service. Unfortunately the new owners Three.ie have changed the goalposts and reduced it to 28 days plus the phone connection is not as good as it used to be with loads of dropped/missed calls. I was told by a techie friend that they are doing that on purpose so that you are forced to get the latest Three.ie sim card which no longer carries the previous terms and conditions that I had with O2 - no more free calls to other networks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

There's two Vodafone masts within a mile and a half of house,one meeor and one 3. Im on Vodafone payg and for 20 I get 5gb data and free calls and texts to Vodafone and a tenner credit

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭orm0nd

meteor,

20 euro /month , unlimited free calls, 15 g data, free twitter facebook

texts are 15c , 10 text per month would be my max.

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭degetme

Meoter
    20 a month
    Unlimited free calls and texts to any network. Best coverage around here.
    5e extra a month for 500mb data

orm0nd wrote: »
    meteor,

20 euro /month , unlimited free calls, 15 g data, free twitter facebook

texts are 15c , 10 text per month would be my max.

SIM only?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Grueller

Tesco. €30 p/m. 400 minutes, 15gigs data and 400 texts. Reasonably good phones too on the contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭orm0nd

SIM only?

it's pay as you go

no contract

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Mulumpy

Vodafone 1 year sim only 30/month anytime calls and texts plus 10gb data

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

Meteor
    20 a month
    Unlimited free calls and texts to any network. Best coverage around here.
    5e extra a month for 500mb data
    meteor,

20 euro / month, unlimited free calls, 15 g data, free twitter facebook

texts are 15c, 10 text per month would be my max.
    Meteor are now giving all three (calls, texts & 15GB) for 20 euro (was 30 euro) for 30 days (I think its changing to 28 days from June). Thread from Bargain alerts here

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭st1979

whelan2 wrote:
    Can only get coverage on meteor here. €45/month for 10gb data . 400texts and 400minutes. Free facebook,Twitter etc too

Jesus Whelan you need to move to eir business package 30 day contract. Unlimited everything for 25 a month. And you will still be on the same network meteor as you are now. But no free or subsidised phone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 275 ✭✭jacob2

i have an old 02 number i havent put credit on it for six years the other day i got a text from three stating that the old price plan will be retired its still got esat digifone on the sim. its on even before 02 bought esat

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭pms7

They are only PAYG

With 48 over a year. They have support, online only. Few people I know with them too. All happy. SIM only. 2 options, €10 + €20. Can do auto renew every month which is very handy.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Haven't made any decision on this yet, the Meteor 20 looks good till the end of the month.

I wonder is there a change in June where the EU telecom market is being freed up? Might I be able to register with a French or German phone co and just use roaming?

https://ec.europa.eu/digital-single-market/en/telecoms-rules

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭The part time boy

blue5000 wrote: »
    Might I be able to register with a French or German phone co and just use roaming?

https://ec.europa.eu/digital-single-market/en/telecoms-rules

That's interesting . Can we now move to any European phone company ?

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭C4d78

I was with O2, had a great package, when 3 took over it was continued. I think it was 15 yoyo +vat a month for 250 minutes and 150 texts a month. It is direct debit once a month.

I got a text yesterday, my price is going up 14 or 15 yoyo in May. This is basically doubling it. Any suggestions where else to look, preferably not tesco if at all possible.

I got an e-mail yesterday to say my price was increasing also. I'd only recently entered into a new contract for 18 months and so decided to challenge them on this increase today.
    After 15 mins debating it with customer care she assured me she'd get a supervisor to call me even thou she claimed they were entitled to increase charges mid contract.
    I then get an e-mail tonight saying there was a pricing error and to ignore e-mail from last night.
    I think it's a disgrace how they can try this on. If you've not contacted them within a number of days to complain or object the new contract takes effect.
    For anyone else out there in contract don't leave it go. Contact them and if you get no satisfaction contact comreg.
    Gangsters.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

I got an e-mail yesterday to say my price was increasing also. I'd only recently entered into a new contract for 18 months and so decided to challenge them on this increase today.
    After 15 mins debating it with customer care she assured me she'd get a supervisor to call me even thou she claimed they were entitled to increase charges mid contract.
    If they change the terms of the contract (price etc) they are obliged to allow you to cancel the contract without penalty within 30 days of them notifying you of the change. In the case of the recent Three price increase this meant that customers got to cancel the contract AND keep the handset AND get the handset unlocked. They could then go on to a SIM only or PAYG plan which is cheaper because the handset (the latest iPhone etc) is the main benefit of opting for a contract. So if your contract includes a handset then you should be able to do the same, ie keep the handset, cancel the contract and get a cheaper plan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭hurling_lad

Virgin have a sim-only deal: €15 p.m. for 250mins + 250 texts + 1gb data. Seems like a good replacement for your old plan

Advertisement