Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netflix Recommendations 2.0 *READ FIRST POST*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,718 ✭✭✭jluv

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    I started watching it too , after Rfrip and Wyrn recommended it to me !
    It's good , am enjoying it .

Just finished it..loved season 3!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

If you think season 1 went off the deep end you ain't seen nothing yet. While I enjoy it, the plots become more and more ludicrous season by season.

:D

It's cool. Seems to be the way with most TV these days. As long as it's well acted and scripted I'm happy to enjoy the ride.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭whatever76

+1 for whoever recommended 12th Man - a great watch and I wouldn't be into War movies really but this got me !

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Dublin Oldschool will be on netflix from this saturday

• Registered Users Posts: 11,745 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

peteeeed wrote: »
    Dublin Oldschool will be on netflix from this saturday

Good stuff, I meant to see that when it was showing in the cinema.

• Advertisement

https://twitter.com/NetflixUK/status/1133704749981818881?s=20
    6. The Society
    7. The Mummy
    8. Storks
    9. Dynasty
    10. Fate of the Furious

And the most-watched ~series~ in the UK this week... ��

1. Dead to Me
    2. Jane The Virgin
    3. WHAT / IF
    4. The Society
    5. Dynasty
    6. Lucifer
    7. Riverdale
    8. The Rain
    9. Line of Duty
    10. iZombie

• Registered Users Posts: 8,398 ✭✭✭cml387

inforfun wrote: »
    This weekend i have been watching Whitechapel mostly.

First 2 seasons are 3 episodes\1 case each. Last 2 6 episodes, 3 cases.

Enjoying it.

Isn't it a hoot!
    The plots are preposterous but the characters make it believable. Plus Steve Pemberton.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,865 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

jluv wrote: »
    Just finished it..loved season 3!

Am on Ep3 of Season 3 !

August 30th

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,966 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Said it in the TV thread and say it here, it looks spectacular, a really lush marriage of puppets and CGI.

Though all those Henson puppets make me miss Farscape :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,063 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...

How to Sell Drugs Online (Fast)
    What if a teenager built up a drugs empire from his bedroom in Leipzig? Inspired by real events.

Bad Blood: Season 2
    Five years after the death of mob boss, there’s a new king of the Montreal drug trade — until a new breed of mafiosos arrive from Italy to wrestle the city from his grasp.

Good Girls: Season 2
    In their second season, the women come face-to-face with the consequences of their criminal behavior.

Black Spot: Season 1
    Villefranche is a small town with no phone reception on the edge of a mysterious forest. The number of inhabitants is dwindling but there's a sharp rise in crime. Police inspector Laurène, once the victim of a crime herself, keeps on discovering fresh corpses.

When They See Us
    A four part limited series from director Ava Duverney that continues themes from her documentary THE 13th, her exploration of the criminal justice system through the true case of the Central Park Five – 5 young teenagers who were wrongfully accused and convicted of rape.

Killer Ratings
    The true-life story of a Brazilian TV host who literally killed for ratings — and used his crime TV show to cover up the grizzly truth.

Always Be My Maybe
    Everyone assumed Sasha and Marcus would wind up together except for Sasha and Marcus. Reconnecting after 15 years, the two start to wonder… maybe?

Chopsticks
    A gifted but insecure woman embarks on a transformative journey when she enlists an enigmatic con man to recover her stolen car from an eccentric thug.

Leap Year

Pegasus
    After a five-year suspension, a once-legendary race car driver decides to get back in the game against a new generation of opponents.

added today

• Registered Users Posts: 22,624 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Looking forward to starting When They See Us tonight. Only watched the Central Park Five documentary recently, would recommend it before watching the mini series.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,439 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Netflix to raise prices for UK subscribers by up to 20%

Streaming firm says increases will let it spend more on shows as it looks to see off Disney+
    Netflix is to raise prices for UK subscribers by up to 20% as it looks to invest more in programmes ahead of the arrival of deep-pocketed rival Disney’s eagerly anticipated service later this year.

The streaming company, which has not raised prices in the UK since 2017, is increasing the cost of a standard plan by £1 to £8.99 and premium by £2 to £11.99. The price of a basic plan remains unchanged at £5.99.

The basic plan allows viewing on a single device and only in standard definition. The standard subscription, which the vast majority of Netflix subscribers take, allows the use of two devices at the same time and high-definition viewing. A premium subscription permits viewing on up to four devices at a time, with the option of ultra-high definition.

The company, which has 10 million UK subscribers, said new customers will pay the higher rates immediately, while the increases will be implemented for existing users “over the coming weeks”.

Netflix has already raised prices in the US, as well as a number of markets in Latin America and the Caribbean that also use US dollars, with increases across western Europe also expected.

The company is looking to drive revenues from its customers, which number more than 150 million globally, as the company seeks to continue to fund its $15bn (£12bn) content budget and try to keep a cap on long-term costs and debt totalling about $30bn.

The price rises come ahead of the launch of Disney+ in the US later this year. At $6.99 a month, it will be about half the price of Netflix in the US, and will offer content including Star Wars, the Marvel superhero universe, films from the animation studio Pixar and movies such as Frozen and Beauty and the Beast.

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2019/may/30/netflix-to-raise-prices-for-uk-subscribers?CMP=share_btn_fb&fbclid=IwAR3TxyrZQRXJuGCYXieT9ai8sMEiwWhTJU2XTM7a5wx4zOdtVBKrHEsGgHg

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭El Duda

Raise prices so people won't be able to afford two streaming services. Clever girl.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,966 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Well, we had been playing with the idea of unsubbing from Amazon once we got through Parks and Rec so that confirms that idea

• Registered Users Posts: 4,484 ✭✭✭cozar

Drumpot wrote: »
    I second that, really good movie, can’t believe anybody could live through those conditions!

The whole way through the movie I was thinking “that guys looks so like John Rhys Meyers” but presumed cause of the language it was some Norwegian lad.

he got into terrible situations all i could think was how the hell will he get out of this one and every time he did. loved the Reindeers running to the border at the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,170 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

sugarman wrote: »
    their content remains largely unchanged

But it has.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

It’s really getting a joke now at this stage, they are increasing the price every year.

My next guest with David letterman - Kanye West

The Guilty
    A police officer, demoted to dispatch duty, is consumed by a call from an abducted woman desperate to be saved

Bad Teacher
    Horrible Bosses
    Departures ( Maisie Williams )
    Little Fockers
    Snatch
    A Royal Affair
    Mystic Pizza
    Transformers: The Last Knight
    What a Girl Wants
    Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga’Hoole
    The Guilty
    Jumanji ( original )
    Mountain
    Featuring breathtaking imagery and thought-provoking narration, this film takes viewers to the summits of some of the world's most amazing mountains.

Speed kills
    In the 1980s, a mobbed-up motorboat racer helps move millions of dollars' worth of drugs into Miami before drawing the ire of the DEA and the Mafia.

Added today

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,217 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

The Guilty’s well worth a watch. Have some issues with the direction the story goes and it’s all a bit contrived in the end. But it’s a well-crafted and tense ‘one location’ movie with a very strong central performance. Doesn’t shy away from the bleaker side of the tale it’s telling.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Looking forward to starting When They See Us tonight. Only watched the Central Park Five documentary recently, would recommend it before watching the mini series.

Just finished it this morning. Found it excellent. I did not know the story beforehand however.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,239 ✭✭✭munster87

Is Dublin Oldschool up? Can’t seem to find it on app on tv anyway

Was supposed to go up yesterday , hasn't appeared yet

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,333 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

fin12 wrote: »
    It’s really getting a joke now at this stage, they are increasing the price every year.

Still ridiculously cheap though. What is it now? €11 per mth for unlimited TV? Figure out your per hour cost and compare with the per hour cost of other entertainment activities.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

Is somebody forcing you to pay it?

Is somebody forcing you to pay it?

No but I want to keep Netflix so will be forced to pay the increase doesn’t mean I have to be happy about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,372 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

No but I want to keep Netflix so will be forced to pay the increase doesn’t mean I have to be happy about it.

None of the TV services are good value, that includes streaming, cable & satellite providers. They all know people will pay over the odds for it for varying reasons including being able to tell their neighbours they have Sky :D

Smart people are happily enjoying everything they want to watch at way less cost.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

Kind of like everything , sky , cinema tickets

• Advertisement

None of the TV services are good value, that includes streaming, cable & satellite providers. They all know people will pay over the odds for it for varying reasons including being able to tell their neighbours they have Sky :D

Smart people are happily enjoying everything they want to watch at way less cost.

But I always thought Netflix was marketed as like an alternative to these expensive tv channels wasn’t it?

I don’t have sky. Think it’s actually pretty crap, my parents have it but I think free to air channels are much better.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement