Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC Fight Night: Swanson vs. Lobov

Options
  • 21-04-2017 9:57am
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭

ufc.png

Exclusive Fight Pass Prelims Sat, Apr 22, 2017 6:30PM ET
    Prelims Sat, Apr 22, 2017 8:00PM ET
    Main Card Sat, Apr 22, 2017 10:00PM ET

Bookies have this one right. Swanson is 1.18 and Artem is 6.25. Yeah, Artem has a punchers chance but that's about it I think. Not sure how he managed to get this fight, good for him, but he doesn't deserve to be in the cage with the #4 contender when he himself is #36.

Couple of good fights on the card nonetheless. Always enjoy watching Lauzon fight and the Dodson/Wineland fight should be a good scrap

Who will win the Main Event and how? 50 votes

Cub Swanson by Decision
    0%
    Cub Swanson by KO/TKO
    26%
    HokiShaneUpappyodanielsc86Hazysfroggy1985Brussels SproutMr. ManagerEagererBeaverstephenl15abrushkaAmazingfunGamebred 13 votes
    Cub Swanson by Submission
    40%
    KJmailburnerxtal191princemuzzycallaway92LuapdeodubDoctorStrangesmilerfZero-CoolIronStevericeroperfectistheseiphilMini850Wrongway1985jousting with chairsACLFC7Subcomandante MarcosNoelJRyan 20 votes
    Artem Lobov by Decision
    6%
    That_Guyfinglashoophefferboi 3 votes
    Artem Lobov by KO/TKO
    4%
    califanocoleslaw 2 votes
    Artem Lobov by Submission
    24%
    TiggerMellorpaulieeyeMartyMcFly840ph0rce0brianc27DeppSenor Frogmarkc1184darceddashoonageWhelo79 12 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,488 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Would be epid of Artem KO'd cub. Lets go AR-TEEEEMM!!

Cracking main card, potential to be a great night.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,413 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Cub Swanson by KO/TKO
    Really good card but Artem headlining is a joke and a bad one at that. Not even sure he has a puncher's chance as a) he's not much of a puncher and b) Swanson showed against Korean Superboy that he can still take a serious barrage of shots.

The UFC seem keen on Mike Perry. Ellenberger is a big step up, especially coming off a loss.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

Artem Lobov by KO/TKO
    Was just thinking if Artem did win and McGregor hopped in the ring dressed as a pimp bigging him. Artem thumps McGregor in the head. In the immediately aftermath of the rift all sorts of clips surface accrued over time of Artem getting one over him in training, flooring him etc. Artem dresses like a pimp and verbally gets the upper hand in many verbal media spats. As new found worst enemies a superfight is arranged. Artem scoops enough for life gets whooped and next morning they are both pulling wheelies together high fiving on bmx to the na na na na na, its the real mother fcu...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Lord artem win via flying knee

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

Artem via standing hammer fist

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,970 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Why is the 4th ranked FW fighting Lobov?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,488 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

rob316 wrote: »
    Why is the 4th ranked FW fighting Lobov?

Cub said he gave UFC 2 dates (before and after birth of child) and UFC had no one his own rank for those dates and offerred Artem. Cub said it would be easy money so accepted.

Also, just noticed I picked Cub by KO, meant to pick Artem :(

• Registered Users Posts: 17,970 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Cub said he gave UFC 2 dates (before and after birth of child) and UFC had no one his own rank for those dates and offerred Artem. Cub said it would be easy money so accepted.

Also, just noticed I picked Cub by KO, meant to pick Artem :(

Right, huge opportunity for Artem so not that I give him much of a chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

I absolutely refuse to vote against an Irish fighter. (Yes he is!)

Artem by submission.

Cub Swanson by KO/TKO
    John_D80 wrote: »
    I absolutely refuse to vote against an Irish fighter. (Yes he is!)

Artem by submission.

Would you back that up with the bookie is the real question!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭dashoonage

#warhammer.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5 NoelJRyan

Great card overall. It'd be unreal to see an Artem 'stiffener' doled out, but hard to see. Bookies are rarely too far off the money! But, hey who knows??!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

Cub Swanson by KO/TKO
    Why does everyone go on about Artem knocking people out? He's knocked out 4 people in a 27 fight career... Hardly inspiring confidence in a KO/TKO bet

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Cub Swanson by KO/TKO
    Why does everyone go on about Artem knocking people out? He's knocked out 4 people in a 27 fight career... Hardly inspiring confidence in a KO/TKO bet

Wrong, he slept 3 people in TUF and I dont care what anyone says they are legit wins.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

Cub Swanson by KO/TKO
    Gamebred wrote: »
    Wrong, he slept 3 people in TUF and I dont care what anyone says they are legit wins.

My point still stands. Change the number from 4-27 to 7-30.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

Cub Swanson by KO/TKO
    He's much improved in recent fights though, hes not ''gifted'' athletically or elite at any one martial art so to get to where he is now main eventing in the UFC is impressive imo,

this is worth a read on the credentials of Ar-tem

https://champions.co/p/ufc-fight-night-108-nashville-artem-lobov-cub-swanson-conor-mcgregor/4251232?utm_source=twitter-champions&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=mma-devils-advocate-artem-lobov-deserves-to-be-in-the-ufc

• Registered Users Posts: 23,828 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

darced wrote: »
    Saying that the class difference could be too much and Cub could go to town on him.

Jesus cub may as well retire if he doesn't get this done and done easily at that
    I can count on one hand the amount of times over the years ive said this but artem has no chance here

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,828 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

darced wrote: »
    Cub really struggled with Kawajiri and how good Choi actually is we still don't really know, before that Cub did look near finished in the Edgar and Holloway fights.

He is always wide open to get hit so you never know, Artem has a chance if Cub is on the slide.

Holloway and edgar in a different league to cub regardless of rankings
    Dont know about choi either tbh
    I'd be thinking if he drops his hands and lets artem hammer him he could lose
    He cant have declined that much surely
    It's possible cub might see artem as a bum and go head hunting and run out of steam late on
    It would be like an episode of the walking dead if this goes past three

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

From the moment I saw this fight made I thought it was a total mismatch. If Cub doesn't fold him like deck chair I'll be shocked.

Cub Swanson by KO/TKO
    He's used to Conor punching him around dont think Cub's power will bother him tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,042 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Would you back that up with the bookie is the real question!
    I would, depending on the price

Flashback.

vqXZ3do.gif

https://streamable.com/b2u8r

Weigh in staredown fearing most feeble U.S.A chant ever

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

Artem Lobov by KO/TKO
    Cubs Swansong

Cub Swanson by KO/TKO
    Mellor wrote: »
    I would, depending on the price

Go on so, what price would you need to throw money on Artem in this one?

Go on so, what price would you need to throw money on Artem in this one?

Cub is leagues ahead obviously, but people are still over-rating him too. He's doesn't deserve to be ranked #4 at FW imo. He hasn't finished anyone in years and #4 should be finishing unranked opponents.
    He's striking is sloppy, he only needs to get caught once. I think artem could catch him.
    Best game plan for Cub would be to hold Artem down for 15 mins, looking for the GnP stoppage or the sub. Instead, I expect him to try to prove something and stand with him. He is still better on the feet but why let Artem hold on to his only chance.

Pulling a number out, I give Artem about a 15% chance. So I guess I'd be looking for something like 6/1 for value

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Artem Lobov by Decision
    Joe Lauzon v Stevie Ray is one hell of a fight that has gone under the radar. Pretty solid main card booking even if the main event is a bit 'WTF?!'.

I hope Iaquinta gets the win and goes off on the crowd again. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,427 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

Mellor wrote: »

Pulling a number out, I give Artem about a 15% chance. So I guess I'd be looking for something like 6/1 for value

He's 6/1 by KO/Sub on PP.

Advertisement