Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

effin Flu - anyone else got it?

Options
  • 19-04-2017 2:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,796 ✭✭✭

grrr.... was delirious with a Temp the other night - and had no meds in the house to get it down... got some in the morn though... aching all over.. head hurts.. now seating profusely due to Nurofen (but its helping).. no appetite - have that awful fluffy tongue thing going on..

anyone else got it? is it on the go?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭Mr.Plough

I know a hostess at a very busy restaurant who swears by Nurofen

• Registered Users Posts: 6,796 ✭✭✭sporina

Mr.Plough wrote: »
    I know a hostess at a very busy restaurant who swears by Nurofen

yeah its doing it job for sure - and no drowsiness. uniflu is meant to be good but it has an antihistamine in it which can make one drowsy

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,598 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Never had it and hopefully never will

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

sporina wrote: »
    was delirious with a Temp the other night

I got a Verbal Warning for that once.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,960 ✭✭✭Dr Crayfish

Had it once. Out of it for 2 weeks. Lost nearly a stone in weight. Are you sure it's not just a cold?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭highdef

Had it once. Out of it for 2 weeks. Lost nearly a stone in weight. Are you sure it's not just a cold?

I had it once and almost ended up in hospital on Christmas Eve after collapsing during a high fever when I tried to go to the bathroom. I had to be physically carried back to bed as I was unable to get off the floor. I was in my mid 20's at the time. Was out of work for 2 weeks and I'd say I was so bad for about a week of it that even watching TV was out of the question, never mind posting on Boards.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

What has this got to do with Effin?

Is there an outbreak in Effin or the wider Kilmallock area?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,454 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Is this the new strain of man-flu? :pac:

Seems to be although the OP does describe the symptoms as to my non-medical mind, it sounds like a common cold to me:
    • Runny or stuffy nose.
    • Sore throat.
    • Cough.
    • Congestion.
    • Slight body aches or a mild headache.
    • Sneezing.
    • Low-grade fever.
    • Generally feeling unwell (malaise)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

myshirt wrote: »

A totally new strain of flu, slightly related to bird glu ( or even flu!) and swine flu.... NOT covered by this year;s vaccination

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

Your dying, just make out your will and leave everything to me.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Jack the Stripper

A few strong hot poteens, a quick blast of riding and some sleep should sort it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,179 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Had it about a month ago myself. But I just want to say how amazing Nurofen is. Amazing little thing :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

I was starting to get a cold (sore shoulders runny/stuffy nose headaches etc) so I made a mix of clove honey and garlic then went to bed. Woke up the next day fresh and free from symptoms.

I think im a witch now.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,960 ✭✭✭Dr Crayfish

highdef wrote: »
    I had it once and almost ended up in hospital on Christmas Eve after collapsing during a high fever when I tried to go to the bathroom. I had to be physically carried back to bed as I was unable to get off the floor. I was in my mid 20's at the time. Was out of work for 2 weeks and I'd say I was so bad for about a week of it that even watching TV was out of the question, never mind posting on Boards.

I was 27 and in New Zealand where I didn't know anyone. I tried going to work after a few days and had to leave after a couple of hours. I remember being a shivering mess on the bus home. Basically all I could do was sleep, and drink water sometimes. I was never diagnosed but I reckon it must have been the flu, at the beginning it had the same head spinny thing you get with a cold but it escalated quickly and I couldn't walk properly or keep my eyes open.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,805 ✭✭✭Calibos

I love FLU threads like these because the very fact that the OP's were capable of posting them tells anyone who has ever actually had the real FLU that the OP's do not and have never had the FLU.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

Calibos wrote: »
    I love FLU threads like these because the very fact that the OP's were capable of posting them tells anyone who has ever actually had the real FLU that the OP's do not and have never had the FLU.

Maybe he's on the cocaine too.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 903 ✭✭✭MysticMonk

Stay away from Uniflu anyway,the side effects for some people can be horrible

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭lmimmfn

Ugh I have it at the moment. Young fella brings in everything going, used to get a cold once a year and a not so bad flu every 5-10 years, now its 5-6 colds a year + 2 flu's, yay

f you're managing to get contract infleunza at least twice per year (as well as 5 - 6 colds), you have something seriously wrong with your immune system.....you might have the HIV!!!:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

f you're managing to get contract infleunza at least twice per year (as well as 5 - 6 colds), you have something seriously wrong with your immune system.....you might have the HIV!!!:rolleyes:

cheerful fella!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,918 ✭✭✭circadian

Had it last week was floored for days, the fever is horrendous.

Graces7 wrote: »
    cheerful fella!
    There was some tongue in cheek in my comment. The poster speaks of getting illnesses from the child so I can be fairly confident that he or she is not elderly. If not elderly, then having colds and flu's that regularly would suggest something wrong with the immune system

There was some tongue in cheek in my comment. The poster speaks of being illnesses from the child so I can be fairly confident that he or she is not elderly. If not elderly, then having colds and flu's that regularly would suggest something wrong with the immune system

Yes I "got " it... struck a chord as I have immune system issues myself and every time I am out hold my breath when folk are coughing.

Found myself doing so when I read the OP!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

I've had flu twice - once was piggy flu. I thought I was dying, no joke.

The third time I "had flu" I took to the bed and was in the same kind of pain and agony I'd experienced with the swine flu, and sure what's the point in going to the doctor with flu when I'm young (ahem) and healthy? My throat was almost closed up and so then I thought maybe mumps as someone in work had it in the weeks prior and so again I ignored as "viral". It got worse and worse until the point my Dad insisted I needed a doctor urgently as I started to black out. Turned out I had an extremely bad case of tonsillitis and my doctor was a bit horrified at how bad it was and thought I might have septacemia - which thankfully I didn't. Whoops!

Had a crappy night's sleep as I'm getting a cold at the minute, all cold sweats and yuckiness.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,346 ✭✭✭King George VI

Flu dreams are fucking unreal man. I've been practicing lucid dreaming for a few years and never had such crazy ass dreams than when I had a temperature.

OP; you still with us?

sporina wrote: »
    grrr.... was delirious with a Temp the other night - and had no meds in the house to get it down... got some in the morn though... aching all over.. head hurts.. now seating profusely due to Nurofen (but its helping).. no appetite - have that awful fluffy tongue thing going on..

anyone else got it? is it on the go?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Jack the Stripper

If people got more fresh air instead of eating Easter eggs, spending hours watching soaps, online and riding 6-7 times a day you wouldn't be getting the flu at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,723 ✭✭✭lertsnim

You have a cold. Stay strong.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

myshirt wrote: »

There's a resistant strain in Meanus :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Advertisement