Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strange possible scam

Options
  • 15-04-2017 10:45pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 172 ✭✭

Just read another post there a few minutes ago about some scam about a pizza.
    I received a call lately from a private number saying that there was a delivery of a parcel of some sort to my house. They knew the address and said that they could see what I was doing. The man on the other end sounded strained and on-edge. I could hear another man in the background, as if he was being instructed what to say. I waited around for the parcel but it never arrived. The man on the phone sounded Irish. I rang the number back, but there was no answer, in fact, it said the number was not in service. I rang An Post, who said that there was now deliveries to my house scheduled. The following day, I went outside to cut the grass. When I came back in, the front door, which I had left slightly ajar, was now wide open. I closed it and continued gardening.

This evening, I have noticed a number of unauthorised credit card transactions in a number of different shops, totalling 59 euro. The shops that came up were quite unusual; one was for Supervalu, the other Dunnes, then the other was a store in Cork, I'm in Dublin, that I never heard of. I looked it up and it turns out it was a black market shop that is known for selling illegal items.

What is going on here?

Are all these events connected, do you think?

What should I do know, should I be scared?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,363 ✭✭✭corner of hells

Just put your tinfoil hat back on.
    You'll be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭muddypaws

Someone uses your credit card, and all they take is €59? Amateurs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭Baron Kurtz

I'd say you've got a big stoopid looking head on you.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

If you need to make any calls, make sure you use the phone box down the road. No calls from the house. I repeat, no calls from the house.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭hairyslug

What could they see you doing?
    How did you call back a private number?
    So many questions, but yeah chances are someone is using your card, they won't need the pin if they keep it to small amounts and use the new tap thingy.

And what's this about pizza?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

Sounds like the beginning of a David Lynch film. Expect things to get weirder OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,299 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Call the security line of your credit cards supplier immediately and tell them what happened. If you have the card, it is usually on the back of the card.

Door may have just blown in the wind, the card could have been compromised at some other point.
    muddypaws wrote: »
    Someone uses your credit card, and all they take is €59? Amateurs
    They're testing it, to see what they can get away with.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭muddypaws

Victor wrote: »
    Call the security line of your credit cards supplier immediately and tell them what happened. If you have the card, it is usually on the back of the card.

Door may have just blown in the wind, the card could have been compromised at toms other point.

They're testing it, to see what they can get away with.

Go and read the OPs other posts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Beyondgone

There's a "simple" explanation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭Gen.Zhukov

muddypaws wrote: »
    Go and read the OPs other posts

Yep, pure scutter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,099 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Can't be sure but it's almost certainly ISIS attacking your credit card.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

I'm just waiting for the third thread to open saying someone keeps ringing them playing Jim Corr down the phone. The sick b#stards.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭hairyslug

PARlance wrote: »
    Can't be sure but it's almost certainly ISIS attacking your credit card.

Or reverse vampires, they are mad for a bit of the auld fraud

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

I'd call your bank first ! Then the Gardaí as for the VM. Maybe rubbing it in...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,766 ✭✭✭Comhrá

Just make sure they don't try to steal your new BMW.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭tedpan

Dubh Linn wrote:
    What should I do know, should I be scared?

You should be scared that you can't spell the word "now"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Watch out for the guy up in the attic. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

You worry a lot op.
    Just a few minutes ago you were dying to know if North Korea would be launching a nuke.
    Now you're on a new thread saying someone called you about a parcel and that they knew what you were doing.. are you genuinely being serious or trying in vain to take the piss?
    If the latter I feel sorry for you and if the genuine part then I feel sorry for you.
    If someone said they know what you're doing the natural reaction would be anger and agitation followed by a call to the police.
    Not hanging around for a ****ing parcel to arrive.
    Then you go gardening and leave your door open. Then the door is more open than you left it.. this being ireland is it at all possible that something called wind opened the door?
    59e? Utter bull****.
    How are supervalu and dunnes unusual stores?
    The shop in Cork you googled said it sells illegal items yet they seem to have the card terminal set up and freely selling items which are vat registered to people?
    You need to go to sleep.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭Gen.Zhukov

Watch out for the guy up in the attic. ;)

My thoughts exactly http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057680735

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

It's been a looooong two days but we've finally figured out who he's a re-reg of. My god, that was tedious. Thread closed and user banned.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement