Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Roadkill, would you eat it?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭Stigura

I don't think I would pick something up off the road as you wouldn't know how long it has been there for .....

My Dad always taught me that, if it's blood was still bright red? Fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭annascott

Stigura wrote: »

Anyway, ye were talking about video's? Yeah. It exists alright! I'll stitch it on below. But, do be warned; This guy's f**king sick! He's just wrong
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=OQvt-gxbq5E

I remember this guy being interviewed years ago by Gerry Ryan. When asked if he had ever mooched around a graveyard and tasted human meat, he said he was not prepared to answer the question. But we all kind of sensed that he probably had...

Mm. Same thing in that (vile) film. They pressed him on that subject. He basically said that a friend, working within the health services, had access to amputated bits and so forth. But, he fudged the question of whether he'd ever taken them up on the 'offer'.

Frankly? I've dabbled with Taxidermy, in my time. I've killed stuff all my life. But, That guy? I just get a Bad vibe about him.

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭Lyle Lanley

Seeing a lot more dead animals than usual on the roads recently. Is it just me or is something weird going on?

Seeing a lot more dead animals than usual on the roads recently. Is it just me or is something weird going on?

I suspect it's where a lot of stuff's dropping young, about now. Making the adults more desperate to find food. Thus roaming further afield and taking the risks of leaving the ditches and crossing roads.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

I was tempted by a freshly killed boar once (it wasn't there an hour previously) but I was on the bike and they weigh about 90 kilos.

That would have been very tasty, and you could probably have lived off that alone for months!

Maybe if you had been wearing a very big rucksack? :-)

My uncle hit a deer with his car before.

It made a mess of his car but we had venison for a while.

I don't see a problem with roadkill, provided you know that the food hygiene aspect is okay.

Same here, friend hit a deer, chef trussed it up, butchered it and cooked it, cue some very neat parties.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Well it's springtime so all the babies are probably wandering onto roads not knowing any better. More cars on the road, more intensive farming practices eliminating habitats, more animals moving into cities, etc..

Advertisement