Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Curious

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭claiomh solais

Irish mythology

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Ms Doubtfire1

Danbo! wrote: »
    My old name used to be a shortened version of my real name. My boss found my account and realised I had been posting a serious amount during work hours. I panicked and changed my name as if that would work to throw him off the scent. I had just gotten this Danbo model in the post and it was on my desk at the time.

hahahah glad I'm not the only one....:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭hairyslug

A long time ago in a galaxy far far away, boards was attacked by rooskies or someone (i may have this mixed up with another forum but nearly sure it was boards)
    Anyway, i was sitting on the toilet, trying to remember my user name to no avail, i gave up, decided to reregister, looked down and TADAAAAA hairyslug was born.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

It was my Quake name, in spite of what others may have you believe.

Well that and the whole satanist thing. Those parents (and father what's his face) who were suspicious my Dungeons and Dragon playing, fantasy reading, The Cure listening antics were right all along.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭J_A_F_A

Just Another F***ing Ass**le

• Advertisement

biko wrote: »

Impressive choice. Brilliant song by the most ethical of rock stars. Biko was one of the great anthems of the anti-Apartheid movement, along with Labi Siffre's Something Inside so Strong I spent years going through a Peter Gabriel phase - Games without Frontiers; Solsbury Hill and so much else. I saw him live in the Point in May 1993 for his brilliant Secret World album tour (Sinéad O'Connor came on to sing with him). That, in my view, was his best album of all. No notions about him either. Sound man.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Childhood nickname and house number. I'm not actually 60 despite my curmudgeonly attitude. Have been using this username on various message boards for almost 12 years now. Christ.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Conor Bourke

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭Danbo!

hahahah glad I'm not the only one....:D

Ah well, I then found his boards account :D and he went on to do something a lot worse than go on the internet during company time :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Doctor Nick

Hi Everybody!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Libadour

Libertine was taken, Troubadour was taken. Teenage me was extremely creative :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,458 ✭✭✭valoren

I uniquely identify listed securities and financial instruments in Switzerland.

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Jrop

Danbo! wrote: »
    My old name used to be a shortened version of my real name. My boss found my account and realised I had been posting a serious amount during work hours. I panicked and changed my name as if that would work to throw him off the scent. I had just gotten this Danbo model in the post and it was on my desk at the time.

what a nasty piece of work

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Well i think it is due to Dissociative Identity Disorder.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭Zynks

Wanted to be at the end of the list. Didn't realise there could be a ZZTop...

• Registered Users Posts: 51,652 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

I love Tayto.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Bambi985

Boyfriend calls me bambi and "bambi" was taken so I stuck a few numbers on the end :o

• Registered Users Posts: 51,652 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Bambi985 wrote: »
    Boyfriend calls me bambi and "bambi" was taken so I stuck a few numbers on the end :o
    I thought you might be a little deer :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Ms Doubtfire1

Bambi985 wrote: »

If my OH called me Bambi I'd give him a thumper.....:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭Stigura

Mine's actually as close as I can get to my own, real surname. Only, it's in a language few enough would even know exists.

I used it because I've used up all my favoured handles, across the internet. And I'm just tired of trying to dream up good ones.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭MadamRazz

Mine was a character in She-Ra and my dad used to call me it whenever I did something he didnt approve of.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭Shelga

Nickname from school, mainly from one friend who used to think it hilarious for some reason :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Very boring, just the year I was born, and some letters from my name. Nothing to do with the furry kind at all :)

73Cat wrote: »
    Very boring, just the year I was born, and some letters from my name. Nothing to do with the furry kind at all :)

I always wondered. :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

73Cat wrote: »

Nice to meet you, Carrot.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Peregrine wrote: »
    Nice to meet you, Carrot.

Likewise ;):)

Advertisement