Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DeWalt & Bosch (Blue) Combi Drills in Woodies

Options
  • 11-04-2017 8:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭

Not a bad offer in Woodies (for a B&M store) at the moment for a couple of decent quality combi drills.

Bosch (Blue) GSB18-2-LI, 2 x 2Ah batteries, hard case, charger (I think) and a few drill bits. 149.00e. (162e on Screwfix)
    http://www.woodies.ie/bosch-18v-li-ion-pro-combi-drill-plus-1123930

DeWalt DCD785C2, 2 x 1.5Ah batteries, hard case and a charger (I think). 149.00e. Perfect for the lads that got the recent impact wrench off Screwfix....
    http://www.woodies.ie/18v-combi-hammer-drill-1134510

Not entirely sure if both include a charger but pretty sure they do.

Saw them both over the weekend and the Bosch felt lovely in the hand. Thinking of picking it up as my Makita drills got nicked recently.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,455 ✭✭✭sioda

I have the dewalt one highly recommended.

From everyday use to poured concrete no problems battery charges quickly as well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 479 ✭✭mikeoneilly

I'd probably go for the likes of this now
    http://www.ie.screwfix.com/bosch-gsb-18-2-li-plus-18v-4-0ah-li-ion-cordless-combi-drill.html

€125 with 4AH battery

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭SachaJ

I'd probably go for the likes of this now
    http://www.ie.screwfix.com/bosch-gsb-18-2-li-plus-18v-4-0ah-li-ion-cordless-combi-drill.html

€125 with 4AH battery

If your buying the single drill you are better off with 2 X 2Ah rather than 1 X 4Ah (unless you are going to buy that second battery). Guaranteed it will run out when you need it and you have to hang around waiting for it to charge.

Also for small jobs around the house I prefer a smaller lighter battery. If I was in the building trades I'd see the value in bigger batteries that last longer.

But if you got that from Screwfix plus an additional 3Ah battery for €63 then you'd have a nice set for €188.

For anyone that bought the Bosch, Amazon have a nice matching Impact Driver on offer.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=103535272

Woodies now have this Bosch drill for €99.

Brilliant value so I bought a second one to put away for when/if the first one dies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭irishbuzz

Just picked one up. Even managed to spot that one of the packs also included a decent set of drill bits so an extra bargain for me.

Thanks SachaJ

irishbuzz wrote: »
    Just picked one up. Even managed to spot that one of the packs also included a decent set of drill bits so an extra bargain for me.

Thanks SachaJ

Yeah I got the bits in the first set I bought and they are very good. I think those bit sets are around €10 each.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,186 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Great deal, the blue Bosch is the pro range.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭ciarsd

SachaJ wrote: »
    Woodies now have this Bosch drill for €99.

Brilliant value so I bought a second one to put away for when/if the first one dies.

Super thanks. Just picked 2 up myself on foot of reading this! Had been keeping an eye on this model and the 4.0Ah batteries since November in case there was a sale. Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 mikeweird

Thanks op,picked one up today to replace an identical model.

Think the brushes are gone on the old one but Bosch don't seem to have made provision for easy replacement.

There's 2 models of 18v SDS plus if anyone is looking ,got the good one for about 190 delivered on Amazon Germany(body only)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭Zimmerframe

Anyone know if the batteries with it would be compatible with other Bosch devices like these circular saws...

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Bosch-Professional-Cordless-Circular-Without/dp/B008RN08SQ/ref=sr_1_10?ie=UTF8&qid=1514497402&sr=8-10&keywords=bosch+saw

Definitely ok with the saw above, or indeed any of the blue Bosch tools.
    I have that circular saw, it's a bit meh.
    Ok for a quick cut, but don't bank on doing a lot, especially with 2'0 ah batteries.

The professional tool batteries are interchangeable

If you scroll down u will see the charger for the DIY tool is a different type

Also the charger that comes with the woodies kit is only the basic 2 amp version

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭5T3PH3N

Bosch blue tools are all on the same battery platform, green are on a different battery altogether.
    The Bosch 18-2-li is an entry level 'pro' grade tool, it won't last as long as the 18v-li as the internals are different, it would be an ideal tool for diy use though.
    If anyone is looking for higher amp batteries for saws or grinders, have a look on Lawson his, 5ah batteries are about 50gbp last I checked.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭bloodless_coup

The DeWilt is pretty skookum, a good choocher for the home gamer.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,201 ✭✭✭ongarite

doylefe wrote: »
    Keep your dick in a vice!!

I went ahead and registered on the app for the 3 year warranty and the £15 cashback

I'd be doubtful about getting cashback.I don't think there's enough info on the receipt to prove you bought the exact kit.

Don't they need an IBAN too? Only asked for sort and account number

• Registered Users Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭cletus

doylefe wrote: »

She's the Cockford Ollie (or more better, the cock for dolly) :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭asteroids over berlin

Makita all the way ahem, top drlls

• Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭dodzy

mikeweird wrote: »
    I went ahead and registered on the app for the 3 year warranty and the £15 cashback

I'd be doubtful about getting cashback.I don't think there's enough info on the receipt to prove you bought the exact kit.

Anyone can generate IBAN form SC and AC number.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭The Duk

mikeweird wrote: »

Could you tell me which app you are referring to esp. for the cashback? Thanks.

The only way I could register for the 3 years warranty was via the Bosch Toolbox app on Android. The UK warranty website wouldn't work for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭BillyBobBS

Picked up the Bosch today in Sandyford. Opened the box when i got home and one of the batteries was missing so i returned it and they threw in a set of drill bits worth 30 euro. Happy with that tbh and the drill seems very well put together indeed. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,991 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Slightly off topic but does anyone have a discount code for screwfix online? Im looking at a dewalt drill at the mo and would like to get it a bit cheaper...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Mokeydope

everlast75 wrote: »
    Slightly off topic but does anyone have a discount code for screwfix online? Im looking at a dewalt drill at the mo and would like to get it a bit cheaper...

Best avoid screwfix .They're expensive with the drills

• Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭dodzy

BillyBobBS wrote: »
    Picked up the Bosch today in Sandyford. Opened the box when i got home and one of the batteries was missing so i returned it and they threw in a set of drill bits worth 30 euro. Happy with that tbh and the drill seems very well put together indeed. :)

So now you have three batteries...and a bit set :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,208 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

That impact driver wouldn't have near enough power for lugs. Impact drivers in general are not for removing lug nuts because they use a 1/2" bit drive, impact wrench's are for lugs and a good one is not cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,208 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Says it's a wrench tho ? Is it not?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Mokeydope

Good for nothing tbh as a wrench

• Advertisement

Nope, it's an impact driver, a wrench will have a 3/8" or 1/2" bit on the end rather than a 1/4" bit receiver. You can get adapters but that driver doesn't have enough power, and a driver with enough power would generally break an adapter.

Advertisement