Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do I need health insurance?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,561 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

Quackster wrote: »
    Yes, of course you can switch back from private to public but you won't be allowed to queue-jump by virtue of having had a scan done privately.

But just by having the scan done privately and obviously much quicker.

Aren't you effectively skipping the queue by then joining the waiting list while others are still waiting for their scans?

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,747 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

But just by having the scan done privately and obviously much quicker.

Aren't you effectively skipping the queue by then joining the waiting list while others are still waiting for their scans?

You're not supposed to be able to do that (but maybe it does happen). You should have to get the same scan done again publicly.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭TheBody

I paid privately to meet a consultant about two years ago. He had some concerns so he sent me for an MRI in Beaumont hospital. I had the scan done about 3 days later on the public system, so didn't pay a cent for the scan.

About 7 years ago, my wifes tonsils were giving her bother. She paid privately to meet an ENT consultant and a week or two later she had them removed in the public system.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭Jodotman

It's around 30 a month for the cheapest package.

To sum up this thread, do you want to wait two or three years for a colonoscopy if you started ****ting blood or do you want to wait a month or two.

If your in your sixties you will be seen quicker to than someone in their 20s or 30s.

Yes health insurance is a must even if you are on the dole!

Advertisement