Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Space X

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,167 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

@StarshipGazer

Starship 25 stacked on Super Heavy Booster 9 today. Launching soon! Current launch window is 9/8 to 9/13 (9:10 am to 12:50pm each day)

thats Friday through till Wednesday, 15:10 to 18:50 Irish time each day

• Registered Users Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭jogdish

So X is kinda hard to follow in terms of chronological order, but seems FAA closed the report and suggested 63 items with 6 being for post Flight 2, so 57 for flight test 2 and there is a tweet showing that SpaceX have complied with all 57.

Guessing I would imagine, WDR and destack for FTS and restack and Go, I'll say last week of september.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,371 ✭✭✭Westernyelp

Hopefully they don't blow the place up again and the launch cadence increases from now on.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,567 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Oh this will be amazing to see. Can not wait.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Advertisement
    Ms

Well this obviously never happened. Any idea when the next launch window is?

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Whenever the FAA give the go ahead. November possibly

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭3d4life

FAA have issued launch licence, we are a go for Friday

@SpaceX

·

17m

Targeting Friday, November 17 for Starship’s second flight test. A two-hour launch window opens at 7:00 a.m. CT [1pm Irish time]→ http://spacex.com/launches

Launch attempt put back 24 hours

@elonmusk

We need to replace a grid fin actuator, so launch is postponed to Saturday

• Advertisement
    Ms

Less than 20 minutes to the big launch to go.

Can't wait.

This will be Awesome!!!!

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,028 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Bump...

20min to launch window opening (20min window maybe)

Looking good so far

Post edited by Ghost Train on

• Registered Users Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭rameire

That was good to watch.

Stage 1 RUD.

Stage 2 to be confirmed but possible RUD at a height of 148km, so made it to space.

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Registered Users Posts: 30,028 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Looks like mostly successful, and good seperation but didn't get into orbit or terminated just as it got there

How's the launchpad looking?

Some dents but looks better than last time.

NSF are still live.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭Breezy_

it's just a rocket

with a goal to get off the planet before we (our useless leaders) blow us all up.

Ms

Good to watch it was Awesome. 33 rapture engines all working perfectly together and barely any pollution from the rocket. The gases coming from it were so clear you could still see all the rockets. How awesome is that?

Just water and CO2 from them.

Plus it was a huge Success. Starship and the booster made a successful separation and that was that main aim.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,409 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

Amazing photo, hopefully the wait for the next launch won't be as long, I wonder how many of these iterative tests can they keep feasibly doing though if they keep losing stage 1+2. How many raptor engines can they produce per annum

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Poulgorm

I assume when they get to the stage of attempting a soft landing return to earth, their initial attempt wont be to land at the chopstick structure.

They could demolish it, if it goes even slightly wrong.

Is the booster too heavy to land on a barge? What about the upper stage?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

The plan yesterday, if the vehicles hadn't exploded, was a soft landing at sea for the booster and a splash down North of Hawaii for the starship.

The raptor engines in these early vehicles are intended to be expendable.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,409 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

Amazing

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭whyulittle

They're continuing on getting ready for test flight 3, starship (not sure what number) had a full static fire today.

Hopefully we won't have to wait as long for the next flight as we did for the last

theres a couple more views of it in the thread here:

https://twitter.com/SpaceX/status/1737603984997933181

• Registered Users Posts: 8,261 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

Maybe the wrong place to post this but, enjoy

Catching a SpaceX Falcon 9 launch from Cape Canaveral while staring out of a plane.

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

I see SpaceX have a broadcast scheduled for Starship flight test 3, for March 14, starting 11:30 am Irish time

They also did a full dress rehearsal on Monday, some cool pics in the link

https://twitter.com/SpaceX/status/1764697392128156144

UPCOMING LAUNCH

STARSHIP'S THIRD FLIGHT TEST

The third flight test of Starship could launch as soon as March 14, pending regulatory approval.

A live webcast of the flight test will begin about 30 minutes before liftoff, which you can watch here and on X @SpaceX. As is the case with all developmental testing, the schedule is dynamic and likely to change, so be sure to stay tuned to our X account for updates.

The third flight test aims to build on what we’ve learned from previous flights while attempting a number of ambitious objectives, including the successful ascent burn of both stages, opening and closing Starship’s payload door, a propellant transfer demonstration

during the upper stage’s coast phase, the first ever re-light of a Raptor engine while in space, and a controlled reentry of Starship. It will also fly a new trajectory, with Starship targeted to splashdown in the Indian Ocean.

Mary

@BocaChicaGal

I have been notified that Village evacuation is a GO for launch attempt tomorrow! 🔥🚀🔥

• Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Nate--IRL--

Is there any estimates of launch time?

Nate

• Advertisement

Really any time from midday tomorrow till around 1.30pm

Advertisement