Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mothers Day BA, must order today!

Options
  • 22-03-2017 11:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭

If you are stuck, like I was, this is pretty good!

Cookbooks and gifts from Easons

– Package includes: Rachel Allen’s Recipes from my Mother book, Neven Maguire’s Complete Family Cookbook, Monogram Linen Room Fragranced Candle and Butlers Chocolate Pink Champagne Powder Puff Box all for only €39.50
    – Free delivery, fulfilled by Eason, to Irish addresses
    – Monogram candle may vary in colour/scent. Butlers chocolate item may vary, if this is the case it will be for a more expensive version.
    – Last purchase date is 22nd March 2017
    – Delivery will be on or before March 24th

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 182 ✭✭rabjoshu

Assuming all females who gave birth love cooking and candles.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

ordered it but a €3 saving isnt much to go shouting from the rooftops.

and rabjoshu dont order it for people who dont like it so...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭Stallingrad

€39.50 for 2 cookbooks, chocolates, a candle, and a happy woman is a small price to pay for not getting in a world of trouble. Some things you can't put a price on!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭nava

If you want to save a couple of EUR you can buy directly from Easons and use code VOUCHER12, also you can remove some of the items if not into candles or cooking or chocolates :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,265 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Getting a cookbook means you want them to cook, but they are currently bad at it.

Not the greatest present.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,265 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Getting a cookbook means you want them to cook, but they are currently bad at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

jesus :rolleyes:

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭J.pilkington

No it doesn't, plenty of people (me included) enjoy cooking fancy meals and these books actually make the cooking process more enjoyable as you are learning new things.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,450 ✭✭✭blastman

€39.50 for 2 cookbooks, chocolates, a candle, and a happy woman is a small price to pay for not getting in a world of trouble. Some things you can't put a price on!

I think you just did, though! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

I love to cook and am a good cook. I also love cookbooks (I have WAY too many). Giving me a cookbook doesn't imply I'm a bad cook, but means giving me something I collect and appreciate.
    No need to put a negative spin on things!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭yesno1234

rabjoshu wrote: »
    Assuming all females who gave birth love cooking and candles.
    So you're saying every female who has given birth likes chocolate? You sexist!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

BA was going well till I saw the name Allen :mad:

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭J.pilkington

vicwatson wrote: »
    BA was going well till I saw the name Allen :mad:

How so, it's the first item mentioned, do you read backwards?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,002 ✭✭✭mad m

Madness....It will be just another book to get throw at you....:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭banchang

We like looking at the pictures.

Never attempt to actually cook any of the recipes. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭deiseindublin

I'd shoot my other half if he produced this. Would genuinely prefer nothing or carvery lunch out even.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭Stallingrad

I'd shoot my other half if he produced this. Would genuinely prefer nothing or carvery lunch out even.

Oh, oh. What if I throw in an Iron and a bowling ball?

• Registered Users Posts: 33 dolly16

Did anyone who bought this get a confirmation email from taste.ie? I didn't, but the money has gone from my acc. Fingers crossed I'll get it by tomor!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭clairewithani

Your other half doesn't need to get you anything. You are not his mother. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,345 ✭✭✭fergiesfolly

dolly16 wrote: »
    Did anyone who bought this get a confirmation email from taste.ie? I didn't, but the money has gone from my acc. Fingers crossed I'll get it by tomor!

Yes. Got confirmation shortly after ordering.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

How so, it's the first item mentioned, do you read backwards?

Eh, the link in the first line :rolleyes:

Oh, oh. What if I throw in an Iron and a bowling ball?
    Each to their own, maybe she'll love it or regift.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,947 ✭✭✭cletus

Jaysus lads, people love to get upset over nothing. I'd imagine if somebody is buying a present for the mother of their children, they'll probably be aware whether the person in question would aprreciate the gift or not.

I didnt see anybody suggesting it was a rule that everybody had to buy cook books and candles for their better three quarters

Your other half doesn't need to get you anything. You are not his mother. :D
    No, but presumably he has enough brain power to know that my 6 year old is too young/too broke to go to the shopping centre on her own.

Maybe that's not the same for all boardies though, I might be expecting a lot. :)

As it happens we don't do Mother Day presents here, which is far preferable to the popular option package of cook book/chocolate & candle.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,947 ✭✭✭cletus

No, but presumably he has enough brain power to know that my 6 year old is too young/too broke to go to the shopping centre on her own.

Maybe that's not the same for all boardies though, I might be expecting a lot. :)

As it happens we don't do Mother Day presents here, which is far preferable to the popular option package of cook book/chocolate & candle.

Considering half of boards.ie now know what is and is not a suitable mothers day present in your house, I'd say you husband is well aware

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭clairewithani

From the time my kids were big enough I got hand made cards. Pictures of me were hilarious, comments were hilarious. I have every single one still. They are precious.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭yannakis

"must order today!"

Starting today and for as long as board's servers are online, this subject-line will be inaccurate.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭yannakis

"must order today!"

Starting today and for as long as board's servers are online, this subject-line will be inaccurate.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,411 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

yannakis wrote: »
    "must order today!"

Starting today, and for as long as board's servers are online, your contribution will be double-posted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭bertie4evr

Cheers OP. I'd never heard of them before, and it looks like they rank highly across the board.

Edit: :o

Advertisement