Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does your office have a resident jerk?

Options
  • 21-03-2017 9:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭

I think every office has one. He is loud, brash but likes to be seen as a free thinker.

He provides great entertainment on a dull Tuesday afternoon trying to be the office shock jock. But in reality, he is not that funny. His talk is crude and insulting but he is seen by some as good for a laugh albeit for a short period only.

For the most part, the lads in the office give him a wide berth but he is usually surrounded by a coterie of 3-4 insecure females.

The office jerk really excels himself at the Christmas party, 3 pints down and he becomes a one man weapon of mass destruction insulting everyone in his wake and bringing some of his female disciples to tears.

Know the type? Do you have one of these in your office?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

No.

That's it I suppose: no.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,176 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Not that I've noticed, no. Unless it's me - that's possible I suppose, aside from the entourage of chungwans. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

No.

That's it I suppose: no.

If you don't know who it is, it's usually you.

;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭Crazyteacher

jetsonx wrote: »
    I think every office has one. He is loud, brash but likes to be seen as a free thinker.

He provides great entertainment on a dull Tuesday afternoon trying to be the office shock jock. But in reality, he is not that funny. His talk is crude and insulting but he is seen by some as good for a laugh albeit for a short period only.

For the most part, the lads in the office give him a wide berth but he is usually surrounded by a coterie of 3-4 insecure females.

The office jerk really excels himself at the Christmas party, 3 pints down and he becomes a one man weapon of mass destruction insulting everyone in his wake and bringing some of his female disciples to tears.

I know the sort. Thinks they can wing it through everything and some poor soul ends up doing all of the work while he/she stands back smirking.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭Mr.Plough

Still thinking about me at this hour are you?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,435 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

If you don't know who the office Jerk is then that means you are the office Jerk.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,479 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Maybe he is a great guy, the female workers are normal well adjusted people and you are the one showing your insecurities? Maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭dashoonage

Yup me

go **** yourself OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭Mr.Plough

OP if you can't spot the sucker in your first half hour at the table, then you are the sucker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,667 ✭✭✭Hector Bellend

Mr.Plough wrote: »
    OP if you can't spot the sucker in your first half hour at the table, then you are the sucker.

Sometimes theres more than one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭zzfh

Todd Packer.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,745 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Yup. It's the boss.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

It's a girl in our place, really self obsessed dose of ****e.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,196 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Colin from the fast show

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

A quick, sharp, sudden movement.

Eh, no we don't have a resident jerk.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,346 ✭✭✭King George VI

Yep. Me.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

We used to take a vote on a friday for w@nker of the week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

We have a salon bitch if that counts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,168 ✭✭✭Ursus Horribilis

Not a jerk as such but we have a woman who disguises her nasty jibes as humour. A deeply unpleasant individual.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,155 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

Not a jerk as such but we have a woman who disguises her nasty jibes as humour. A deeply unpleasant individual.

There was a woman like that where I worked. She'd say stuff like "I'm not racist but..." What followed was never the kind of thing that you'd wonder about. It was clearly racist.

There was another guy who referred to anyone who had darker skin as a paki. I'm not sure if he knew Pakistan was a country or if he just thought it was a generic name.

The worst was a girl who was always a bit unstable. She's go on long rants about the littlest things. Create arguments with nearly every coworker. She even managed to create legal issues for the company. She started seeing someone in the office. The day she found out he was cheating on her she wrote up a two page facebook post. She tagged half the office. When she came back to work it was so heavily sedated that she was drooling. Every single day was spent tiptoeing around her.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭Satts

Yeah, I know the type, sarcasm and sexual innuendo are his weapons of choice.
    It was funny once or twice 20 years ago but not anymore. Most of us have matured some bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭jetsonx

If you don't know who the office Jerk is then that means you are the office Jerk.

Yip, typically "office jerk" has a very low level of self-awareness. He has convinced himself that his behaviour can be attributed to his curiosity, him being a maverick or his humour. But the reality is quite different.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,115 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

jetsonx wrote: »

I knew at least five when I went to school, but none in the office.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭Brego888

OP jealous that work colleague gets more attention from females.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

I work alone in an office of my own. Does that mean it's me? I do talk to myself quite a bit and insult myself every now and then. Crikey I'm such a wanker. Thank you OP for pointing that out, I'd never have known that I was such a twat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

Senna wrote: »
    It's a girl in our place, really self obsessed dose of ****e.

Do you work in the same office as me ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭Beta Ray Bill

Hi OP

That defo sounds like me.

I'm a total prick on the inside, but everyone loves me, or at least I think they do, and if they don't - ****'em
    I surround myself with insecure women (even though I work in a office full of men)
    No one dares slag me, cause well..... I'm just so damn deadly! Yet I do my utmost to insult everyone else.

Yes indeed I am that Office "See you next Tuesday" person you describe and I wouldn't change it for the world!

LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

I work alone in an office of my own. Does that mean it's me? I do talk to myself quite a bit and insult myself every now and then. Crikey I'm such a wanker. Thank you OP for pointing that out, I'd never have known that I was such a twat.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭Wabbit Ears

Im also the office Jerk, Wouldnt change it for the world.

Haters gonna hate, Us Jerks are completly self aware of who we are and how we're percieved by some. Fcuk those judgemental guys and gals, life's to short to pander to their insecurities and sensabilities.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

So we are ok with using the word 'jerk' now?

What has become of us all?

Advertisement