Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on Killester area

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭CarefulNow!

Living in the area a while now, moved from south side... Absolutely love the area. So handy for everything!

Zero bother in it at all. Few Young lads roaming around causing no issues. Great facilities in the area. I've lived in a number of places around Dublin and county and this has been the one place that felt like home for me.

Recommend it to anyone. And rambler is grand with a decent pint, other pubs are good as well. Can't go wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭fungie

There 2 new builds coming onto the market soon on Killester park, near the shops with the Ramble in. Wonder what that specific area is like? I know a lot of Killester is decent but looks a bit rough around there. Any advice is most welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭wizardman

Absolutely fine. A great area. You'll get a few characters in the Ramble Inn and you'll see them outside having a cigarette but there's no issues.

Have to agree, I live 200 yards away and it's fine. Great place to live. And rambler has its characters but certainly has a decent pint... Characters are ok too!!

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Joe prim

Killester is lovely.

Killester is lovely ( and becoming very expensive. Clanawley Rd. or any of the "Clan" roads is not in Killester, they are in Donneycarney. Close is no cigar.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭fungie

Joe prim wrote: »
    Killester is lovely ( and becoming very expensive. Clanawley Rd. or any of the "Clan" roads is not in Killester, they are in Donneycarney. Close is no cigar.

Just for reference, here is the location: https://goo.gl/maps/QW5HgJ5wsw12

Would this be considered Killester or Donnecarney?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭s3rtvdbwfj81ch

That's Killester alright, the other side of Killester Ave is Donnycarney though

Just about in Killester, like Belcoo is barely in NI.

Just so you know, Donnyer had a reputation as a rough quarter 30-40 years ago, like many other council estates, but it's fairly settled now, but as with many other areas, some residents like to call their area Killester, just as some Killester residents like to pretend they live in Clontarf.

Any recommendations on broadband in the area? Done with virgin mob

• Advertisement
Advertisement