Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unu Predictions

Options
  • 20-03-2017 11:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,081 ✭✭✭

Does any one follow the Unu predictions for betting, they seem to get a lot right.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,081 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Maybe we should have set our own swarm try it for the internationals. Need a decent amount of people 20 or so. Anyone interested?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

This tool isn't: unique, intelligent (or AI) nor beneficial, as the results will only ever as good as the input quality.
    It offers no USP or advantage over anything else other than slightly fancy chart graphics.
    The claims of this Beta/Start-up are wildly exaggerated, and even false in most cases.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,092 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

What exactly is it?

Are any of their picks available ahead of time to verify results or is it a case that they put up a retrospective "look how we did" post

http://games.espn.com/tournament-challenge-bracket/2017/en/entry?entryID=13321840

Thats there March Madnes bracket. Was up before the game and far as I can knock can't be changed.

Can you post up why there false?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

Can you post up why there false?

There are many false claims as to the nature of the product overall.

From their own website's footer:
    UNANIMOUS A.I. develops Swarm A.I.TM technology that amplifies human intelligence, empowering groups to harness their collective knowledge, wisdom, and intuition by forming real-time A.I. systems.

1). It's not AI, and it's very basic technology e.g. polling.
    2). The 'amplification' can be negative as well as positive, thus an irrelevant claim.
    3). 'Empowering' isn't unique to this, any other method (inc. boards), or even off-line group option surveying will suffice.
    4). Wisdom - can be from a negative (unwise) or false bias, there is no method to validate actual quality, as input can be from anon unknown sources.
    5). Intuition isn't aided by this website, if anything it's hindered.

In summary:
    It's little more than a jacked-up on-line poll. Likely to support 'start-up funding'. It's USP isn't novel or unique.
    May be useful for crowd feedback through fancy chart graphics, but that's it.

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭Division

If you have a bunch of people who know very little about (profitable) betting inputting their opinion then the results don't mean anything.

Same as OLBG. I looked at their tipster tables over the last 12 months for football and the top guys are losing badly. No different that your mates in the whatsapp group throwing out ideas who they think will win a game.

Had to laugh when I see that they are calling this artificial intelligence.

At first glance its a nice website but its a basic wordpress theme.

Advertisement