Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWX: Hogwarts goes to war

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

andy125 wrote: »
    Anyway what i want to know is if you had the choice to be evil or good before the game starts what would you pick?

Personally i would have thought they picked the evil side as its a role that doesn't come up that often for people but i'm interested to hear what others think

So we're trying to figure out if the Dudley role will be good or evil when it's revealed? I assume the character is in the books/films so will probably be simillar to that? what is he in the lore?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭andy125

So we're trying to figure out if the Dudley role will be good or evil when it's revealed? I assume the character is in the books/films so will probably be simillar to that? what is he in the lore?

Regulus Black is a Deflector, and therefore is given the option before the game begins as to whether or not he wants to be a Death Eater, or become a part of Dumbledores Army.

I want to know if they picked good or bad

tritium wrote: »
    Haha afraid not, i think for the halloween game the player didnt even know they had a role until it was activated (think it may have been grumpy or gufc, they may be able to confirm)

It was the Dazzler if I rem correctly and it was something that could have swang either way for balance purposes. He ended up a baddie on my team

• Registered Users Posts: 8,044 ✭✭✭Guffy

tritium wrote: »
    Haha afraid not, i think for the halloween game the player didnt even know they had a role until it was activated (think it may have been grumpy or gufc, they may be able to confirm)

Hmm..

Nope not me anyway...

Is this role a random allocation by the mod from a set mix of good or bad roles or will it be used by the mods after a couple of days to balance out the teams?

If the seer peeks the role before it comes active i assume it will come back as good? So the first 2 peeks will have to be added to the PP peek as maybe a good guy i guess.

Regulus Black is a Deflector, and therefore is given the option before the game begins as to whether or not he wants to be a Death Eater, or become a part of Dumbledores Army.

Oh wow I totally missed that!
    I think most people would pick evil TBH, to give themselves a challenge

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,437 ✭✭✭tritium

I think we have to assume evil. If they are good then tbey appera to be a basic villager so it may be useful for them to reveal themselves

Dont think its much of a choice tbh. Nrv or wolf? I kniw what i would go for. I think we should assume at least that reg chose to be evil as to assume or guess otherwise would be silly.

Oh wow I totally missed that!
    I think most people would pick evil TBH, to give themselves a challenge

To add to that, I think it's important that the choice happens before the game starts, i think if presented with the choice mid game you stick with how you've been playing to not appear obvious. But with the choice being before the game, it makes it much easier to play evil right out of the gate

If the deflector picks good/bad then the drunk role will be opposite I guess, it makes the most sense

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭grumpylumpy

Depends on the type of person/player I guess... The village has the advantage with more members, so if you just want to win choose village. If you like a challenge and the sneaking around and all choose death eater.

• Advertisement

gufc21 wrote: »
    Dont think its much of a choice tbh. Nrv or wolf? I kniw what i would go for. I think we should assume at least that reg chose to be evil as to assume or guess otherwise would be silly.

I am assuming they are evil i was just interested to hear if anyone would pick nrv

Early player change?

**Voldemort can't die if Harry is alive. Harrys scar will hurt if Voldemort is attacked, and Harry can sacrifice himself to kill Voldemort, however, if he chooses self sacrifice, he must fight alone.**

I wonder how this will work?

If we lynch somebody and they don't die then we know they are voldemort if harry is still alive, i wonder can harry only self sacrifice when this scenario comes to pass or can he do it whenever he wants

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭grumpylumpy

surely it would go lynch voldy -> announcement that lynch failed -> harry gets PM about his scar -> can self sacrifice?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

evening all

how are you vale, did you pick evil or good?

Digi has been replaced by amandadon. Welcome :)

Does Dudley have any special powers?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭MrsFlushdraw

Anyone else read it as Armageddon lol?

That's a strange question... i mean it glaringly obvious in the role description that there is no role assigned yet, as such.

Anyone else read it as Armageddon lol?

Would have been easier to type Armageddon hehe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dan man

Here I am! Evening all.

And so it begins :D

Dan man wrote: »
    Here I am! Evening all.

Welcome dan

Is it human?

Male?

Over 55?

I was about to go all guns for strawberry and Gufc letting something slip, then I looked back at OP and seen Digis name crossed out :pac: :o

gufc21 wrote: »
    That's a strange question... i mean it glaringly obvious in the role description that there is no role assigned yet, as such.

I just don't get the purpose of the role tbh. Trying to work out the benefit of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭Ectoplasm

Hi all, delighted that I signed up for this as I'm a massive HP fan. Not a clue what's going on of course but hopefully I'll figure it out

Dan man wrote: »
    Here I am! Evening all.

Welcome dan

Is it human?

Male?

Over 55?

Ah lads If ye wouldnt mind going over and finishing Trigger off, Ive no ideas about authors then I can concentrate fully on my wild and random accusations

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Haven't been reading the other thread, but authors you say? BRB.

Sweet. Looking forward to another game. I can confirm I know next to nothing about Harry Potter.

Ah lads If ye wouldnt mind going over and finishing Trigger off,

:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dan man

EMF2010 wrote: »
    Hi all, delighted that I signed up for this as I'm a massive HP fan. Not a clue what's going on of course but hopefully I'll figure it out

You and me both, but gotta start somewhere :pac:

Advertisement