Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello All, This is just a friendly reminder to read the Forum Charter where you wish to post before posting in it. :)

Perfect House for sale in Dublin for A Marilyn Monroe Fan

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭ pablo128

I grew up a stones throw from that house. I knew the woman who lived there 20 years ago. She was a fine thing altogether. Dunno if she still lives there.

You never know what goes on behind closed doors though, do you?:)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭ pilly

I dont know if anyone has seen this for sale on DAFT.IE - what do you think , think its cool / fantastic or would it give you a headache?

You'd want to be on acid!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,947 ✭✭✭✭ Andy From Sligo

pablo128 wrote: »
    I grew up a stones throw from that house. I knew the woman who lived there 20 years ago. She was a fine thing altogether. Dunno if she still lives there.

I was just saying earlier on facebook that I would love to know the story of that house and what kind of person lived in there and who done it up. They must have spent a fortune doing it up too.

I hope the person who moves in doesnt rip it all down and just paint all over it, that would be a shame. Its very bright and quirky.

pilly wrote: »

you'd feel like you were on acid even if you wasnt :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭ dbagman

pilly wrote: »

thats all well and good till the come down

• Advertisement

Unless you had plans to open a brothel in it, you'd spend a fortune stripping, dumping and replacing all of that gaudy junk so you could actually live in the place.

Tacky, nasty amd utterly tasteless.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭ clappyhappy

It's a cheap buy, if i was in the position to buy a second property to rent I'd buy it. Skip hire and paint biggest expense ;-)

you could eradicate the marilyn pictures and paraphernalia and keep the colours no? and the fixtures .. be nice and bright to wake up to on a drizzly wet day :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,687 ✭✭✭✭ Samuel T. Cogley

Fair do's to who ever owns it and made it theirs!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭ TimeToShine

Looks like decent value, I wonder could you sell off the paraphernalia to make an extra few bob. Would take time but certainly doable!

• Advertisement

I wonder does this decoration has a huge impact on the sale of the house and they asking price and how long it might be on the market for? And I haven't got a clue on what the market value of similar houses up there in that area but a lot are saying its an attractive price for that property

I wonder does this decoration has a huge impact on the sale of the house and they asking price and how long it might be on the market for? And I haven't got a clue on what the market value of similar houses up there in that area but a lot are saying its an attractive price for that property

No joke, it has to affect the price negatively. A close look at those photos and I reckon there's 15-20k to be spent on painting and decorating to have it anything close to 'normal'. Trying to cover all those horrible paint colours on walls and ceilings will be a nightmare. The carpets are naff, the whole thing looks like a childs colouring book.

Maybe it's still good value after that, I don't know.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,569 ✭✭✭ K.Flyer

The ad forgets to mention that while it is now an "end-terrace" , at some point it will become a "mid-terrace", as the large garden to the left is for sale With Full PP for an "End of Terrace" property..

Lot 2, Site, 44 Harelawn Drive

Maybe that also affects the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,687 ✭✭✭✭ Samuel T. Cogley

The tiling is an issue, followed waaaaaay behind by the gold coving which will be a bugger to paint. The rest of it can be dealt with in a weekend and a decent undercoat. Oh and the doors, they will be a bugger too but really it's not a huge amount of work. It wouldn't put me off buying it and you might just get some nutter who comes along and falls in love with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ ChikiChiki

pablo128 wrote: »

Let me guess, she looked like Marilyn Monroe?

ChikiChiki wrote: »

Whoever is selling it now appears to have a stand up tanning booth in the kitchen. Somehow I doubt they look anything like Marilyn Monroe!

ChikiChiki wrote: »

At the very least dressed like MM? No?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭ athtrasna

There's a funny house thread in AH. This thread is more suited to there than A&P.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement