Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Perfect House for sale in Dublin for A Marilyn Monroe Fan

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭pablo128

I grew up a stones throw from that house. I knew the woman who lived there 20 years ago. She was a fine thing altogether. Dunno if she still lives there.

You never know what goes on behind closed doors though, do you?:)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭pilly

I dont know if anyone has seen this for sale on DAFT.IE - what do you think , think its cool / fantastic or would it give you a headache?

You'd want to be on acid!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,714 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

pablo128 wrote: »
    I grew up a stones throw from that house. I knew the woman who lived there 20 years ago. She was a fine thing altogether. Dunno if she still lives there.

I was just saying earlier on facebook that I would love to know the story of that house and what kind of person lived in there and who done it up. They must have spent a fortune doing it up too.

I hope the person who moves in doesnt rip it all down and just paint all over it, that would be a shame. Its very bright and quirky.

pilly wrote: »

you'd feel like you were on acid even if you wasnt :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭dbagman

pilly wrote: »

thats all well and good till the come down

• Advertisement

Unless you had plans to open a brothel in it, you'd spend a fortune stripping, dumping and replacing all of that gaudy junk so you could actually live in the place.

Tacky, nasty amd utterly tasteless.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

It's a cheap buy, if i was in the position to buy a second property to rent I'd buy it. Skip hire and paint biggest expense ;-)

you could eradicate the marilyn pictures and paraphernalia and keep the colours no? and the fixtures .. be nice and bright to wake up to on a drizzly wet day :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Fair do's to who ever owns it and made it theirs!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

Looks like decent value, I wonder could you sell off the paraphernalia to make an extra few bob. Would take time but certainly doable!

• Advertisement

I wonder does this decoration has a huge impact on the sale of the house and they asking price and how long it might be on the market for? And I haven't got a clue on what the market value of similar houses up there in that area but a lot are saying its an attractive price for that property

I wonder does this decoration has a huge impact on the sale of the house and they asking price and how long it might be on the market for? And I haven't got a clue on what the market value of similar houses up there in that area but a lot are saying its an attractive price for that property

No joke, it has to affect the price negatively. A close look at those photos and I reckon there's 15-20k to be spent on painting and decorating to have it anything close to 'normal'. Trying to cover all those horrible paint colours on walls and ceilings will be a nightmare. The carpets are naff, the whole thing looks like a childs colouring book.

Maybe it's still good value after that, I don't know.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

The ad forgets to mention that while it is now an "end-terrace" , at some point it will become a "mid-terrace", as the large garden to the left is for sale With Full PP for an "End of Terrace" property..

Lot 2, Site, 44 Harelawn Drive

Maybe that also affects the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

The tiling is an issue, followed waaaaaay behind by the gold coving which will be a bugger to paint. The rest of it can be dealt with in a weekend and a decent undercoat. Oh and the doors, they will be a bugger too but really it's not a huge amount of work. It wouldn't put me off buying it and you might just get some nutter who comes along and falls in love with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

pablo128 wrote: »

Let me guess, she looked like Marilyn Monroe?

ChikiChiki wrote: »

Whoever is selling it now appears to have a stand up tanning booth in the kitchen. Somehow I doubt they look anything like Marilyn Monroe!

ChikiChiki wrote: »

At the very least dressed like MM? No?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

There's a funny house thread in AH. This thread is more suited to there than A&P.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement