Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

'Solutions' that don't work still tried in everyday life

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jet Black

Pulling out.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

Jet Black wrote: »
    Pulling out.

You're doing it wrong ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭5rtytry56

seeing a fast food restaurant in a complete state of clvsterfvck and omnishambles and still go in for a happy meal or whatever

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭NyOmnishambles

5rtytry56 wrote: »
    seeing a fast food restaurant in a complete state of clvsterfvck and omnishambles and still go in for a happy meal or whatever

You could call that a NyOmnishambles!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭JackTaylorFan

whiskeyman wrote: »
    Vitamin tablets. (well, most of them).
    More and more recent research is indicating they are doing more harm than good, yet the market is probably worth billions.
    I used to pop Beroccas myself, but just rely on eating a proper diet instead.

I have a relative who buys into all this crazy alt health stuff he sees on the internet - colloidal silver, etc. And he basically ODs on Vitamins everyday. He takes at least 10 times the recommended dosage of Vit C everyday. And seriously, he stinks. Like you can literally smell that vitamin smell leaking through his pores. Add to that he thinks doctors are trying to poison us all.

Also, I would like to add colloidal silver to the list of useless ****.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

Putting butter on a burn. Never do this.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Saying "God called them to his side", "it's what God wanted", "only the good die young" as a means of trying to comfort someone in grief.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Watching a game on TV with the volume off because you don't like the commentator, and listening to radio commentary instead.

There is a significant delay between the 2 feeds which gets very irritating since you hear what happens before you see it.
    If you use an app like TuneIn, you can pause the stream though and get it close to the TV. Especially handy if you have Spotify, plus the radio commentators explain in greater detail (they have to) and they don't waffle on with their pre-defined narrative.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

There were occasions during my childhood when I may have little cuts or scrapes and my mother would "kiss them better" - for years I wondered whether she might be a white witch, or an angel, or even a superhero. However it all came to pass at the age of 11 when I fell out of a tree and broke my arm - her kisses did **** all then, the lying bitch.....

Repeatedly pressing the button to call a lift or at a pedestrian crossing to make the lift come quicker/cross sooner.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

There are no atheists in foxholes.
    Why are Foxes so religious:p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭Gyalist

Protein shakes and other high-protein products.

Clever marketing to get rid of a dairy industry waste product (whey).

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

Fair city storylines.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,817 ✭✭✭stimpson

There are no atheists in foxholes.

'There are no atheists in foxholes' isn't an argument against atheism, it's an argument against foxholes, as the mental state, or decisions, of an extremely frightened and desperate person can hardly be imagined to be more rational than those of a person in a calm state.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭5rtytry56

Ad-hominum explanations for anything.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

When your remote control stops working and you open the battery compartment, spin the batteries around and hope that the remote works again......a few light taps on the palm of your hand as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭saintsaltynuts

razorblunt wrote: »
    Saying "God called them to his side", "it's what God wanted", "only the good die young" as a means of trying to comfort someone in grief.

Only the good die young does that mean everyone over 50 is a c,unt?

Advertisement