Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Man shot dead in Paris after trying to seize a soldier's weapon

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭testicles

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Alan_P

The French military are among the most hard ass in the world. Sometimes that's a good thing (UN missions) sometimes it's a bad thing (Algeria). The French military have currently been tasked, by the French President no less, with defending Paris itself.

Someone grabbed a French soldier's gun and a French soldier shot him. This is not a surprising outcome.

As regards ISIS, if this is all they've got, can the internet get back to cat pictures now ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

For anyone who knows anyone there due to fly :
    the event happened in Orly Sud, so that's closed for a while, but it is due to reopen some time in the afternoon, so they're being advised to ring about their flight, and if making their way there, use public transport as access is difficult.
    Orly West is fine, but experiencing delays as people are being evacuated from planes (for search presumably). Some later flights still due to operate as normal, but access to the airport is again an issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,241 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Patww79 wrote: »

How about we NOT assume anything until we read it, so all the poor wee snowflakes who can't use analytical analysis and logic, are protected from those of us who can, eh?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Patww79 wrote: »

Good boy. Now start saying cuck and we can step it up from there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Said terrorist is waking up with 72 virgins this morning, wouldn't that be a nice start to anyone's weekend :)

Crafty bastard.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,535 ✭✭✭✭nullzero

Said terrorist is waking up with 72 virgins this morning, wouldn't that be a nice start to anyone's weekend :)

Crafty bastard.

You'd be better off with one experienced sexy milf to be fair.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,241 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Crafty bastard.

He's at a Star Trek convention...?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭Imallrightjack

Phoebas wrote: »
    This OP is the online equivalent of shouting fire in a crowded theatre.

Just out of curiosity.if you were in a theatre and you saw a fire spreading quickly.what would you shout?

Excuse me sorry too bother you but there's a fire on its way,that could possibly kill us all, is there any chance you could move?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 646 ✭✭✭hungry hypno toad

DrumSteve wrote: »
    I thought that was a machete attack?

Yeah against an armed soldier.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,325 ✭✭✭Heckler

Last time I was in France I was at Lille train station. There were soldiers in pairs milling around.

How any idiot thinks he might grab a gun from one of them and do damage is just that. Idiot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭JackTaylorFan

Good boy. Now start saying cuck and we can step it up from there.

Don't forget virtue signaling - I still can't be arsed to look up the definition of that one - but if we are ticking boxes of things an idiot might say on the internet...

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Silane

Crafty bastard.

Sounds great, but they're only virgins the first time, then you're stuck with 72 women for eternity. I'd be trying to blow myself up again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,325 ✭✭✭Heckler

Silane wrote: »
    Sounds great, but they're only virgins the first time, then you're stuck with 72 women for eternity. I'd be trying to blow myself up again.

Outstanding. Early candidate for POTY

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Great that people can make light of these incidents. Everytime something like this happens it is very, very serious. Paris is a shadow of former self nowadays. Everyone is on edge. Sad really.

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    Great that people can make light of these incidents. Everytime something like this happens it is very, very serious. Paris is a shadow of former self nowadays. Everyone is on edge. Sad really.

So we should just be sad and despondent just thinking about what could have happened ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Erik Shin

ChikiChiki wrote: »

No it isn't...And no they're not

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 209 ✭✭Live65a846d0ee

Fake news.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Disaster averted?

Reading about it this evening in the French press, to me anyway, it looks more like a blundering attempt by someone who thought he was in deep trouble, to save face, rather than a prior commitment to an organized attack. I think his intention was to kill people alright, then set fire to himself (from what I gather).

He was at a late night bar the previous night.
    The next morning, he's stopped while speeding in a Clio, for an ID check. He hands over his ID, but grabs his pellet gun and shoots the policeman in the face (policeman is ok, injuries not too serious).

In my opinion, this is where he flipped. He had 9 previous convictions, and had spent a bit of time in jail, and seemingly had radicalized. Whether he was still drunk from the night before, or on drugs, or just hyped up from a "bar-talk" with other radicalized people the night before, he over-reacted with the policeman, and then must have thought he had nothing to lose at that stage, and might as well go for glory.

He called back into that bar he was in the night before, screamed threats and gave a few shots without injuring anyone. I think this was his way of ensuring that whatever he was going to do next would be interpreted as terrorism.

He rang his Dad, said he'd made a mistake and had shot a cop, took some flammable liquids (hydrocarbures in French ??), car-jacked a van, and headed to Orly.

He grabbed the Sentinelle lady from the back with his pellet gun on her temple, wrestled for her gun, and used her as a shield as he was faced with 3 other sentinelles. Only he wasn't clever enough and stood up while she was kneeling on the ground, so the cops had a clean shot.

This is my take on what happened anyway. Maybe I'm wrong and he had planned it all for ages, but this is what I thought I could read between the lines. Going for glory probably after some drunken talk the night before.

• Advertisement
Advertisement