Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Matrix Rebooted

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭KilOit

Movie version of the Animatrix Second Renaissance, trilogy of that would be amazing! frightening stuff

Right, when I heard 'Matrix reboot' the other day my bones shuddered. I thought that Hollywood were finding new depths to that barrel.

However, after reading some tweets from the guy hired to write the script, I am feeling a bit better...
    Zak Penn wrote:

All I can say at this point is no one could or should REBOOT ‘The Matrix. People who know ‘Animatrix’ and the comics understand.

Can’t comment yet except to say that the words ‘reboot’ and ‘remake’ were from an article. Let’s stop responding to inaccurate news.

Do I want to see more stories set in the universe of ‘The Matrix’? Yes. Because it’s a brilliant idea that generates great stories.”

Look at what people are doing with Xmen universe. Between Logan and Legion and Deadpool, does anyone want them to stop? Not me.

How about just re-release the matrix? Don't reboot it, you can't do better.

If I were going to recast Keanu Reeves, I would cast Keanu Reeves.

Relevant article: http://www.superherohype.com/news/393219-new-matrix-not-remake

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Keplar240B

There should be a rule that each film name is unique and cannot be reused.

:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭Tin_Cup

Looks like this is in the works again with the Wachowskis involved.

https://www.denofgeek.com/uk/movies/the-matrix/66036/matrix-movie-reboot-report-wachowskis-return

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 868 ✭✭✭El Duda

Remember the days when Nostalgia critic was actually Nostalgia critic and not 'Cosplay critic'?

His videos are unwatchable now.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,296 ✭✭✭✭branie2

The originals are best

• Registered Users Posts: 5,176 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

I didn't mind the second or third films that much. They were overlong and quite boring in places but the conversation with the Architect was one of my favourite scenes in the trilogy.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 buser2x

leave the original alone

• Registered Users Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭pah

I have tickets to see this in the omniplex on 12July for the 20th anniversary.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,077 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Holy ****, didn't realise it was being re-released. Definitely going to see this now.

Advertisement